Equestrian Influencers #25 Tina not happy with her lot & chases a Badminton House Photo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Size 14 UK or US sizes? I’d be surprised if it was 16.3 and a UK size 14!
I’m UK and yep, size 14 on a 16.3hh ISH. To be fair, I’m at that age where it’s difficult to shift weight despite exercising outside of having horses, but yep, I was referred to as a bigger girl 🤣 it’s fair enough - I’ve weight to shift but I was surprised as I’m also 5’10 so not short and stumpy! 🤣

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I’m UK and yep, size 14 on a 16.3hh ISH. To be fair, I’m at that age where it’s difficult to shift weight despite exercising outside of having horses, but yep, I was referred to as a bigger girl 🤣 it’s fair enough - I’ve weight to shift but I was surprised as I’m also 5’10 so not short and stumpy! 🤣
That’s actually ridiculous unless your horse has a health issue like arthritis. How patronising to call you a ‘bigger girl’ too. Rude.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I saw a girl on TikTok the other day who was a uk 10 and told to go back to the showjumping yard she has applied for when she lost weight 😢

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I love Justine's vlogs 😂 Jumped fence 9 after fence 3 and got eliminated and her de-brief is just so refreshing!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Does anyone watch/know of ‘rivers journey’ also goes by the pony crew I think? On tik tok, always on live but is so rude to literally anyone and everyone who asks a question!

Reactions: 3
Does anyone watch/know of ‘rivers journey’ also goes by the pony crew I think? On tik tok, always on live but is so rude to literally anyone and everyone who asks a question!
Does she do carrot chopping lives? She’s a bleeping twit, if you can't handle people asking questions tiktok live isn’t the place for you. She always avoids questions and work and how she affords all the horses.

Reactions: 1
Does she do carrot chopping lives? She’s a bleeping twit, if you can't handle people asking questions tiktok live isn’t the place for you. She always avoids questions and work and how she affords all the horses.
Yes!! Like especially when she claims to be ‘educational’ but then if anyone asks a question she will literally call them stupid and be rude and mute or block them!

i think there’s this weird notion that British people feel they can’t mention a really fat person’s weight. I had a saddle fitting this weekend and I’m not skinny, I’m a size 14 and the fitter pulled me up for my weight on a 16.3hh! Fair play to her. But if I’m being warned about being big at a side 14, how does no one say anything to blobonacob or raythegoth etc
I wonder if she would have said anything if you were a male rider weighing a similar amount.
---
Such a shame she never sorted her relationship around food. Makes me wonder if she joined a diet cult like slimming world. I have a tit relationship with food due to growing up in an age where Bridget Jones was considered fat. And you need a flat stomach or you’re not good enough. The person that birthed me has spent her whole life joining diet cult after diet cult and still piles the weight back on after loosing it all through whatever diet cult she is following and the shot relationship with food she has gained from it has been passed down to me.
Counselling will help you extricate yourself from your mum and develop your own relationship with food (genuinely!)

Why are judges not pulling riders up who are that obese? Is it fear of being told they are ‘fat shaming’ I wonder?

That girl had lost so much weight but she looks like she’s put even more back on.
Looking at the size of her, she’d most likely be eligible for ozempic to help her keep it off long term. Loosing weight is very hard and many have complicated relationship with it. But that being said, it’s so unfair on the horses who will most likely develop their own health issues

Reactions: 5
Looking at the size of her, she’d most likely be eligible for ozempic to help her keep it off long term. Loosing weight is very hard and many have complicated relationship with it. But that being said, it’s so unfair on the horses who will most likely develop their own health issues
I just don't understand it. The judges are enabling animal abuse. I don't give a flying about her rights to be huge or whatever she would say, and her cronies. If she wants to kill herself by being so disgustingly overweight that's fine, but her horses should not have to carry her. How she can look at videos and pictures and not see it is beyond me. And how much must she physically eat every day?!

Reactions: 8
RWC - didn’t like the judge’s comments on last week’s sheet, so no YouTube on that one. 🤣 maybe they are wakening up to her. But then gets 74.4% this week and that judge is right.

anyone watch the seren video?

Reactions: 4
This is ridiculous, I’m 5’8, 11 stone and a size 8/10😟
it's not that ridiculous... being too heavy for a horse doesn't mean overweight, it just means too heavy. A 6ft muscular man could easily be too heavy despite being very fit. I would assume they've set that weight based on the horses/ponies they have available, and probably underestimated as more novice riders will "ride heavy" by being less balanced

Reactions: 9
This is ridiculous, I’m 5’8, 11 stone and a size 8/10😟
But that is the very point - many who may want to ride may not fit the requirements, and that's okay. It's not for the riding school to risk the welfare of thier horses and there needs to be a (excuse the pun) one size fits all approach to make it fair and easy to stick to. Everyone agrees that the rider weight issue is important but some get itchy feet when they realise they're close to or over the weight limits being imposed - there's plenty of hypocrisy around it. I think the main issue is that horse riding isn't seen as a sport in the same way others are - so riders/athletes often aren't putting in the homework of training, balanced diet, conditioning to perform when in the saddle. Plenty think as long as they can get up in the saddle, it's okay - as seen with the state of some topics of discussion here!!

Reactions: 10
It’s all very dependent. My 15 stone husband will hack out my 14.2 highland pony and I think it’s acceptable (or I wouldn’t allow it.) But he won’t ride my 16.2 TB.
---
However, Blog of a Cob (I think it is) is clearly nearer 20 stone or even more. Too heavy for anything.

A horse that’s 500kgs can carry up to 20% of its body weight, in weight. So including tack and a rider for a 500kg horse you would be looking at a maximum of 15 stone, these are the calculations I worked out. Just saying.