Equestrian Influencers #25 Tina not happy with her lot & chases a Badminton House Photo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Olympic shortlist released for Dressage - any guesses as to who makes the team?

View attachment 2991430 Lewis Carrier with Andrew and Helen Carrier and his own Diego V
View attachment 2991431 Charlotte Dujardin with Ulrike Bachinger, Carl Hester and her own Alive And Kicking
View attachment 2991432 Charlotte Dujardin with Carl Hester and Coral Ingham's Imhotep
View attachment 2991433 Charlotte Fry with Van Olst Horses and her own Everdale
View attachment 2991434 Charlotte Fry with Van Olst Horses and her own Glamourdale
View attachment 2991435 Andrew Gould, with Max and Tatiana Skillman's Indigro
View attachment 2991436 Carl Hester with Charlotte Dujardin, Lady Anne Evans, Sandra Biddlecombe and his own En Vogue
View attachment 2991437 Carl Hester with Fiona Bigwood, Mette Dahl and his own Fame
View attachment 2991438 Gareth Hughes with Julia Hornig, Rebecca Hughes, Ruby Hughes and his own Classic Goldstrike
View attachment 2991439 Becky Moody with Jo Cooper and her own Jagerbomb
View attachment 2991440 Susan Pape with Harmony Sporthorses and her own Harmony V-Plus
View attachment 2991441 Annabella Pidgley with Sarah Pidgley and Jessica Pidgley's Gio
Having trained with Andrew for several years (yonks ago - around the KP time) I would love to see him on the team. Unlikely though....

Reactions: 1
Didn’t think you where meant to glue stuff to hats?
Don’t know about gluing small stuff on but you definitely aren’t meant to wear a go pro. I read they reckon that’s why Michael Schumacher’s head injury was so bad even though he was wearing a helmet.

Reactions: 2
Hummm I preffered the Quality Street box. Also when Meg mentioned the tack room but was smaller, the woman said, so then you can fit more stuff in it. Whaaaa? But then I think that bit was maybe edited badly, as the scene changed slightly

Is he as much of an arse in person and as hard on the horses as comes across? Or… is it a different story behind the scenes?

I’m not a fan personally, but wonder if the reputation is ‘deserved’
He's a very hard working individual who is self made, so I think he comes across as hard when he's not. He offers alot of help to other riders at events and treats his staff very well. I do have to be careful as I know there are people out there who will never like him and that's their opinion.

He has ridden some tired horses, but so have fan favourites like harry meade just to throw a name out there.

Anyway.... Tina still banging on wishing she was posting Badminton content we get it you want a house picture. Move on

Reactions: 6
Yes it does, they advise not to use solvents on the shell.
It also invalidates any warranty too.

But then, this is RWC, she won’t be told.

Looks like she is going to a show I’m grooming at tomorrow, I’ll let you all know how it looks
How do companies do it?

He's a very hard working individual who is self made, so I think he comes across as hard when he's not. He offers alot of help to other riders at events and treats his staff very well. I do have to be careful as I know there are people out there who will never like him and that's their opinion.

He has ridden some tired horses, but so have fan favourites like harry meade just to throw a name out there.

Anyway.... Tina still banging on wishing she was posting Badminton content we get it you want a house picture. Move on
Tbf I don’t think anyone can say his success is down to anything but hard work. But I just wish he would put his competitiveness aside sometimes and retire a horse that is clearly too tired to make it round the cross country course. And yes he isn’t the first and won’t be the last to do it. As long as he doesn’t slip back into old habits like in the past and stays putting horse first and not being win at all costs even of it’s ugly he has my respect. From what I’ve seen of him in demos and talks he has a great sense of humour and seems like someone you could have a laugh with so may become a fan of his again in time.

Reactions: 5
With the money riding with Charlotte has... why not just buy another hat? Its not "the only one in the world" its just cheap ans tacky.... and the bling won't fistract from the fact her arms are rock solid in place and her horses head is held down so much I'm surprised she gets any praise from dressage judges...

I was just watching Megs vlog from 8 months ago about what she was doing with Bear since having her foal and she mentioned about putting her back in foal this year around May time….. has there been any news this at all? She was planning on riding her once the foal was weaned Jan/Feb time until May when she goes back in foal, and doing some local events on her, weirdly she said that Bear was finding the competition atmosphere stressful, hence why they decided to put her in foal, but mentioned later in the vlog that she wants to do some small events on her. It makes me wonder if Bear wasn’t an over achiever in jumping, would she still have her now 🤷🏼‍♀️ Like they want to sell of Bryni. She also wants Brego to make 15.2…… and Bear is 14hh 😂

I was just watching Megs vlog from 8 months ago about what she was doing with Bear since having her foal and she mentioned about putting her back in foal this year around May time….. has there been any news this at all? She was planning on riding her once the foal was weaned Jan/Feb time until May when she goes back in foal, and doing some local events on her, weirdly she said that Bear was finding the competition atmosphere stressful, hence why they decided to put her in foal, but mentioned later in the vlog that she wants to do some small events on her. It makes me wonder if Bear wasn’t an over achiever in jumping, would she still have her now 🤷🏼‍♀️ Like they want to sell of Bryni. She also wants Brego to make 15.2…… and Bear is 14hh 😂
Maybe they thought she would calm down a bit after having a foal. That does happen sometimes. I don’t think she knows what to do with bear as she has said she is not suitable to sell in to a child. And as you said she finds competing stressful so what what does she do with her?

I thought I saw that she decided not to put her back in foal this year, or am I making that up?

My suspicion is they'll have a year off from having foals; sell Moose, Bryni & maybe Ettie (Meg might produce her a bit though) and then put Bear & Dee back in foal together next year. Meg has said she does still have her covering from Ron (Brittania Royal) she wants to use on Bear so maybe they'll have a Ron and a Marley foal next year.

Reactions: 3

Re: Oliver. Listen and form your own opinions. They link sources in their show notes.
He’s no angel that’s for sure and I’m not a fan of his, but this podcast is way out there and I would listen with caution. They miss out a lot of facts that don’t fit their narrative and clearly don’t have a clue really about how the sport works. I certainly wouldn’t use this podcast to form opinions.

Reactions: 7
My suspicion is they'll have a year off from having foals; sell Moose, Bryni & maybe Ettie (Meg might produce her a bit though) and then put Bear & Dee back in foal together next year. Meg has said she does still have her covering from Ron (Brittania Royal) she wants to use on Bear so maybe they'll have a Ron and a Marley foal next year.
I agree with this, I think until they have cleared some space they won't breed more this year as they're clearly struggling to keep on top of it all

I agree with this, I think until they have cleared some space they won't breed more this year as they're clearly struggling to keep on top of it all
I think hobbit has had enough of it all to be honest, she’s really checked out in a lot of it, don’t think she even went to collect DeeDee with Meg. Probably time for a reevaluation of it all and decide on priorities, Meg needs to be doing so much more with Winnie and Wilma, it doesn’t have to be an event, can just be dressage or showjumping.

it’s always the same, loads of people have binned it off in favour of going abroad because it’s just so flat/no crowds/no shopping
I just think they’re not sure what they want it to be. A country and lifestyle event or a horse event? I used to go back when they had dressage but they always got the shopping and the buzz around it all wrong then. They look like they tried last year PR wise but this year looks even worse than normal.
If I was spending the money I’d go to Hickstead.

It’s a shame because it’s not that far from me and could be amazing..

I went a few years ago and really enjoyed it but recent years have been expensive for what it is.

I despair of dressage judges in this country. RWC has just got a 74.4% in a hat I would suggest isn’t even legal and on a horse who - although improved- is still BTV much of the time and ridden by someone who simply does not move from the waist up and moves too much from the waist down.
Also, still on a rant about judges, I watched Tina’s “last ever 90” vlog last night. In my day a swishing tail was a sign of disobedience and/or tension yet Bankseys tail was all over the place and she still got a 30 score