Equestrian Influencers #25 Tina not happy with her lot & chases a Badminton House Photo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
£10k for a YouTuber to attend the event… how true or close do you think that figure is? Is it Esme?
To be honest that wouldn't surprise me. If ThisEsme advertised she was going, with her following and engagement!

However I must agree with the person that posted that...

Think Meg was posting about Bolesworth too so I assume she was going... but idk how this poster would get the £10k figure, might have just made it up.

Ollie Townend has withdrawn Ballaghmoor Class from Olympic contention. After not running at Badminton - wonder if something more serious is wrong with him? ☹

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Whilst not a huge fan of Freddie Steele he seemed to have Jam going very nicely, soft and relaxed and without a short tense neck. Ettie is lovely and glad to see far less hairy ( not a hairy horse fan), but again I’m amazed at how little she’s done with her and is only just getting her into a horse box, they seem to be missing massive handling opportunities with their youngsters.

Reactions: 5
Think Meg was posting about Bolesworth too so I assume she was going... but idk how this poster would get the £10k figure, might have just made it up.

Ollie Townend has withdrawn Ballaghmoor Class from Olympic contention. After not running at Badminton - wonder if something more serious is wrong with him? ☹
Age maybe? I think he will retire from the top after this year.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Esme is £10k for an appearance.

Bolesworth has become a rip off for spectators. The ticket price is high for not much going on inside and then they have decided to make the parking £11.20. There is no where else to park and get in so you are trapped. It’s basically costing £100 for my family to just get in…

Even
On the topic of how much Khal will be sold for - you're all way below the mark! I work in showjumping, the price of the horses is insane. We had a 1.45 jumper who is less athletic, less careful and much harder to ride than Khal and he sold for 350k! Recently bought a tricky, quirky, known bolter with good breeding, has jumped up to 1.35s (8yo, so behind the mark in terms of age classes etc as he was too tricky to ride) and he was purchased for 195k.

Khal is worth an absolute fortune, not only because he is evidently a 1.45 horse that will keep going up the ranks, but he's relatively low mileage and produced by an amateur, easy to ride. Those are hard to come by!

Did anyone else notice in Evie's vlog that she said that she didn't originally think ulcers because Maggie was scoped in December?? But then said the reason for the ulcers goes back to her colic surgery years ago... I really like evie but this confused me a bit!
Even if I won the lottery, not sure I’d buy a horse from Holly as all they seem to do is jump, jump and jump! When’s the last time you saw her take them for a hack or do something other than jump?

Reactions: 3
Even

Even if I won the lottery, not sure I’d buy a horse from Holly as all they seem to do is jump, jump and jump! When’s the last time you saw her take them for a hack or do something other than jump?
To be fair (and I've said this in the past) jumping is what gets the views so it's what people bother videoing and posting. Especially Holly as she's far more infrequent than the others. She's posted stories of them going out for hacks

Reactions: 7
Even

They're low mileage as they only get ridden half the year. She definitely doesn't just jump, she just posts that because it's what gets the most views or she can actually get someone to video for her on those occasions. I don't think her dad wants to stand in the rain and video her trot round in circles every day just for youtube 😂

Even

Also we have very little off road hacking in Ireland so it's usually just walking / trotting around quiet roads

So for anyone who doesn’t want to watch all of Tina’s recent click baity video… she has decided that she probably won’t get chance to get 2 double clears at 90 before the end of June (or July? Whichever the cut off is!) to qualify for badminton so instead she is going to enter some 100s so that she doesn’t have to interfere with bankys rhythm and hold him back to be within the time. Essentially she’s going to enjoy her horse at 100 rather than aiming for a badminton qualification at 90

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So for anyone who doesn’t want to watch all of Tina’s recent click baity video… she has decided that she probably won’t get chance to get 2 double clears at 90 before the end of June (or July? Whichever the cut off is!) to qualify for badminton so instead she is going to enter some 100s so that she doesn’t have to interfere with bankys rhythm and hold him back to be within the time. Essentially she’s going to enjoy her horse at 100 rather than aiming for a badminton qualification at 90
so she’s totally aiming for Badminton 100 then…. 😜😜😜

This is Tina that was never competitive and only did it for the fun/enjoyment 😂
But is still carrying about missing out on the photo at Badminton house! 🤦🏼‍♀️

so she’s totally aiming for Badminton 100 then…. 😜😜😜
Can she get those qualifications at 100 though before the cut-off? I would reckon she's going to run him at 100 (she's entered at 100 at Launceston) a couple of times this season and then go for the 90 qualification at Bicton at the end of the season. She's off doing that SJ thing abroad again this year which is probably why she doesn't have time to get the qualifying runs in (plus the awful weather and cancellations we have had at the start of the season).

Can she get those qualifications at 100 though before the cut-off? I would reckon she's going to run him at 100 (she's entered at 100 at Launceston) a couple of times this season and then go for the 90 qualification at Bicton at the end of the season. She's off doing that SJ thing abroad again this year which is probably why she doesn't have time to get the qualifying runs in (plus the awful weather and cancellations we have had at the start of the season).
She qualified at Bicton 3 day last year didn’t she? So she could be aiming to do the same this year.

He hasn't had the prep runs from his absess and then the poor start to the spring season, and so to rush and get that last Olympic qualification wouldn't be fair on Thomas, who at 17 and already a gold medal winning horse doesn't need the stress. He's being aimed at burghley instead as he has a good record there

Reactions: 6
He hasn't had the prep runs from his absess and then the poor start to the spring season, and so to rush and get that last Olympic qualification wouldn't be fair on Thomas, who at 17 and already a gold medal winning horse doesn't need the stress. He's being aimed at burghley instead as he has a good record there
Having another horse on the list is 100% Thomas hasn’t been pushed beyond his level of fitness to get his runs in ready for the olympics. Going by his track record it’s nothing to do with horse first sport second.

So watching Meg’s latest reel about Equipt I thought ‘here we go another influencer selling stuff they have been gifted’. Well I am very happy to admit I was wrong as Meg is donating all proceeds to the BE Support Trust. Can’t believe I am saying this but well done Meg