Equestrian Influencers #25 Tina not happy with her lot & chases a Badminton House Photo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The trouble is, the owner is obese too. I just think obesity becomes normal to these people. I see a lot of overweight people with overweight children and dogs.
How that poor animal hasn’t had laminitis I don’t know.
---

What did Olivia say about it?
Can’t remember the exact words but something like it isn’t bullying but raising awareness and report it to the RSPCA. I also don’t get how the mare does not have laminitis either. She’s morbidly obese with a huge crest all the signs of a lamintic.

Reactions: 1
I screen shot her arse to post but you beat me to it. Did screenshot this as well and never got round to posting it though. How bleeping dumb can you be to put a horse in grass like this from barely any grass. Does she want to kill the mare off with laminitis?
That massive field of grass is insane! Why would you turn your (already fat) horse out onto that with no attempt to restrict their intake?

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else watch christinakay.x on tiktok? She's a beginner who has been posting her "learn to ride" story for a few months now and I've really enjoyed her videos, she seems lovely. She has about 30k followers, so I hope it's ok to talk about her here!

She's learning to canter atm and losing her stirrups a lot, I (and most of her comment section) think they are just too long, even accounting for her very long legs, but she's adamant that her instructor is right. It's driving me crazy 😂

I actually watched a vlog of harlows randomly the other day when she went to jump Panda. I really enjoyed it, she is certainly more mature on camera than many of the adults and their non stop ‘banter’.

On the topic of how much Khal will be sold for - you're all way below the mark! I work in showjumping, the price of the horses is insane. We had a 1.45 jumper who is less athletic, less careful and much harder to ride than Khal and he sold for 350k! Recently bought a tricky, quirky, known bolter with good breeding, has jumped up to 1.35s (8yo, so behind the mark in terms of age classes etc as he was too tricky to ride) and he was purchased for 195k.

Khal is worth an absolute fortune, not only because he is evidently a 1.45 horse that will keep going up the ranks, but he's relatively low mileage and produced by an amateur, easy to ride. Those are hard to come by!

Did anyone else notice in Evie's vlog that she said that she didn't originally think ulcers because Maggie was scoped in December?? But then said the reason for the ulcers goes back to her colic surgery years ago... I really like evie but this confused me a bit!

Reactions: 5
On the topic of how much Khal will be sold for - you're all way below the mark! I work in showjumping, the price of the horses is insane. We had a 1.45 jumper who is less athletic, less careful and much harder to ride than Khal and he sold for 350k! Recently bought a tricky, quirky, known bolter with good breeding, has jumped up to 1.35s (8yo, so behind the mark in terms of age classes etc as he was too tricky to ride) and he was purchased for 195k.

Khal is worth an absolute fortune, not only because he is evidently a 1.45 horse that will keep going up the ranks, but he's relatively low mileage and produced by an amateur, easy to ride. Those are hard to come by!

Did anyone else notice in Evie's vlog that she said that she didn't originally think ulcers because Maggie was scoped in December?? But then said the reason for the ulcers goes back to her colic surgery years ago... I really like evie but this confused me a bit!
Wow seriously? Are you in the U.S though? I know horses are absolutely crazy prices over there.

That massive field of grass is insane! Why would you turn your (already fat) horse out onto that with no attempt to restrict their intake?
Christ my little spotty lami prone twit has been off grass for weeks because I am completely paranoid about him. They are both finally being allowed a small section of long grass at the weekend and I will monitor them both constantly.
As well as laminitis, they are tubby natives.
We do have grass like this but that will last months and months. I can't imagine turning out on that much grass. That's a vet bill waiting to happen.

Reactions: 2
The trouble is, the owner is obese too. I just think obesity becomes normal to these people. I see a lot of overweight people with overweight children and dogs.
How that poor animal hasn’t had laminitis I don’t know.
---

What did Olivia say about it?

So true. I’m obese but don’t ride, luckily my girl is beautiful 😂.

Attachments

Reactions: 2
Her excuse would be oh it’s group turnout so theres not much grass per horse. But the field still looks quite big and horses can eat a huge amount when they first go onto lush grass like that. And the speed the grass is growing that will be very fattening grass.

RWC is back out competing not once but twice this week, and she hopes to get higher scores in her Novice tests, but wait there’s more……. She doesn’t have to worry about slippy reins anymore as she’s going to start lengthening them a tad!! What a rider!

Bloody hell. £350K! I'm in the wrong discipline.

I really hope she manages to get decent money for him, he's a cracking horse.

I'm guessing that's 350k€ not £ if it's Ireland. But still! I had no idea the showjumping world was like that.

Yeah I too think that Khal will go for over 100K, (I don't know if she did or not but) I would've thought she would have tried to sell him while she was in Belgium!

Her excuse would be oh it’s group turnout so theres not much grass per horse. But the field still looks quite big and horses can eat a huge amount when they first go onto lush grass like that. And the speed the grass is growing that will be very fattening grass.
How the pony doesn't have laminitis yet is a miracle - plus still having hard feed. The crest on her looks rock solid, she is seriously overweight. At what point does the yard manager make a judgement call and say to the owner - restrictive strip grazing or if that's not possible muzzle the pony at least.

Reactions: 6
There's some clips of Ettie on Meg's Instagram stories today, gosh she's beautiful. So glad Meg seems to want to produce her a little before selling her

I'm guessing that's 350k€ not £ if it's Ireland. But still! I had no idea the showjumping world was like that.
It was £, not € 😊
---
My point is, showjumping horses cost a bomb and somehow more than any other discipline, in the UK/Ireland anyway. Just go look at the billy stud auction prices as an example! Or even better, the aloga auctions are a good one to look at from earlier in the year to compare their sj and dressage horse costs.

Click bait from the girl who just last week or so said she would never do the 100 at Badminton but is desperate to be in front of the house next year. She is piling so much pressure on herself. They are both capable, but this amount of pressure can’t be healthy.
Ugh, she did the "last ever" clickbait last year as well!

• Haha