Equestrian Influencers #25 Tina not happy with her lot & chases a Badminton House Photo

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Possibly as a companion horse? She hasn't made any mention of anything happening with Zora.
I did think that as it seems Goldie has separation anxiety but if it’s a 3.5 ton box she shouldn’t be doing it. I got my trailer licence due to the low weights on the 3.5ton boxes

Reactions: 1
Miri is too emotional for me and a bit doom and gloom. She doesn’t seem to get anywhere with these horses.

Reactions: 4
Miri is such a bad advert for groundwork and horsemanship, it drives me up the wall. Neither of those things are free from consequences for the horses, and we do not make excuses for them =/

Reactions: 4
Miri is such a bad advert for groundwork and horsemanship, it drives me up the wall. Neither of those things are free from consequences for the horses, and we do not make excuses for them =/
How much would people be paying for her rehab?

I don't follow Miri but I looked at that post - what a lot of fuss!! You'd think she was shipping the horse off to an active war zone from the way she's carrying on

• Haha
Reactions: 7
When you look at the likes of Tristan Tucker (TRT Method) who really promotes groundwork and a methological approach to horse care, but he doens't let his horses walk all over him, competes at international level and is brimming with positivity and good humour.

Reactions: 5
I don't follow Miri but I looked at that post - what a lot of fuss!! You'd think she was shipping the horse off to an active war zone from the way she's carrying on
I followed her for a short while but found her over-emotional and dramatic. Not the best combination of personality traits for a career with difficult horses!

Reactions: 2
I'll never quite understand why Miri is so intent on making Blondie a riding horse. For someone who advocates for doing right by your horse, it is very contradictory to be riding a mare with so many issues - both known and unknown. Miri has always been quite open about documenting her anxiety, but it really seems to be negatively impacting her way of working and the results she is getting out of her horses. There's no fun in what she does, only analytics and overthinking.

duck that!
Don't quote but I think a friend of a member had their horse and it was 500£ a week if I recall. I remember thinking more than my rent (which is nuts because im in one of the highest cost of living areas)
I'll never quite understand why Miri is so intent on making Blondie a riding horse. For someone who advocates for doing right by your horse, it is very contradictory to be riding a mare with so many issues - both known and unknown. Miri has always been quite open about documenting her anxiety, but it really seems to be negatively impacting her way of working and the results she is getting out of her horses. There's no fun in what she does, only analytics and overthinking.
I think she wanted that "miracle" story tbh

Megs update vlog about Bear is literally an essay on why she should never have bred from her 😡

What do you reckon the Elphicks intend to do with Bear? They just posted an update video but never addressed it. Obviously not selling and looking to bring back into work, but why? Meg is too tall for her and now admits to being nervous to ride her (and looked it), Bear is horribly overweight and overbent. There was a brief mention of competing Elementary, but with who? Meg just looks too tall on her and her knees were practically over her withers. Plus the mare had her nose tucked in nearly the whole time (by her own, it looked, as Meg wasn't riding her tight).
Just looked such a tense picture and can't think what they intend to do with her.

What do you reckon the Elphicks intend to do with Bear? They just posted an update video but never addressed it. Obviously not selling and looking to bring back into work, but why? Meg is too tall for her and now admits to being nervous to ride her (and looked it), Bear is horribly overweight and overbent. There was a brief mention of competing Elementary, but with who? Meg just looks too tall on her and her knees were practically over her withers. Plus the mare had her nose tucked in nearly the whole time (by her own, it looked, as Meg wasn't riding her tight).
Just looked such a tense picture and can't think what they intend to do with her.
she didn’t look comfortable or forward moving at all. I wonder if a vet is needed more than Freddy’s advice. Her back was up the whole time yet Hobbit was insisting she looked fine and wasn’t tense. I think she looked like she’d have dumped Meg at any opportunity. I wonder if Meg’s weight/height is part of the problem.

The thing is, I think the elphicks think they are the best riders ever and no one else can ride Bear. There will be a lovely young rider out there that can ride her. Bloody loan her out or something. She isn’t good for breeding, she doesn’t like being ridden by Meg, find her a nice young rider to be with.

Reactions: 6
she didn’t look comfortable or forward moving at all. I wonder if a vet is needed more than Freddy’s advice. Her back was up the whole time yet Hobbit was insisting she looked fine and wasn’t tense. I think she looked like she’d have dumped Meg at any opportunity. I wonder if Meg’s weight/height is part of the problem.
They said she'd had physio twice but no mention of a vet workup. Not to say that physio isn't useful but they aren't a replacement for vet advice

Given Bears past, pre Elphicks, I think there have been problems with her in previous homes. Hence her having lots of owners and going through sales more than once.
I think for everyone’s safety and the mares comfort, she should just be retired. Chuck her out with Ari perhaps?

Only just watching it but she Bear is so fat, the saddle doesn’t fit either - it’s a reactive mare and yet they question why when she is obese and has an ill fitting saddle?