Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I notice all of the established senior level riders commenting on the Jesse's statement keep it really simple and genuine, yet all of the performative grievers are leaving paragraphs of writing to get attention. It's the weirdest thing to witness.

On a seperate note Jesse's statement had me in pieces, what a lovely piece.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I notice all of the established senior level riders commenting on the Jesse's statement keep it really simple and genuine, yet all of the performative grievers are leaving paragraphs of writing to get attention. It's the weirdest thing to witness.

On a seperate note Jesse's statement had me in pieces, what a lovely piece.
Same! They were such a beautiful couple and I can’t imagine what he is feeling right now. I’m glad he has great people around him.

Reactions: 5
Re: Katie Van Sykes and Seven, I know very little about horse breeding but I was surprised by how Meg's foal Brego straightened his bent legs last year. Seven's are obviously an extreme example, so is it completely unrealistic for her to say that they can strengthen and straighten?

Re: Meg's foals. Can't wait to see Dee's foal. But I do miss seeing the other foals, especially Moose who seemed like such a character!! I know their whole MO was: buy a pony, breed a foal from it to let it mature, event it for a season and sell to a kid to have some fun with, and then rinse and repeat with the baby. But now she has a following, I honestly think she's missing a trick with young horse content. I bet a lot of people would be interested in the real basics of in-hand work. Doesn't have to be a lot or often, it's just odd that they literally drop off her socials completely if they're not competing. Even just grooming etc (and that content doesn't even have to come from Meg directly!)

Reactions: 6
Re: Katie Van Sykes and Seven, I know very little about horse breeding but I was surprised by how Meg's foal Brego straightened his bent legs last year. Seven's are obviously an extreme example, so is it completely unrealistic for her to say that they can strengthen and straighten?

Re: Meg's foals. Can't wait to see Dee's foal. But I do miss seeing the other foals, especially Moose who seemed like such a character!! I know their whole MO was: buy a pony, breed a foal from it to let it mature, event it for a season and sell to a kid to have some fun with, and then rinse and repeat with the baby. But now she has a following, I honestly think she's missing a trick with young horse content. I bet a lot of people would be interested in the real basics of in-hand work. Doesn't have to be a lot or often, it's just odd that they literally drop off her socials completely if they're not competing. Even just grooming etc (and that content doesn't even have to come from Meg directly!)
Do they do anything with their youngster though - until they are old enough to be backed?

I’d imagine she has trouble handling them herself. Ettie got too wild for her. And the colts got too much for her I think.

I enjoyed watching the free spirit yearlings training video last week. They should be well trained and desensitized by the time she backs them at 4yrs old.

Reactions: 1

Yes I've got a baby horse the same age, so I personally would love to see stuff like that. But I guess that's because it's relatable for me. I liked reading Holly's update on Zephy and Wiggy on Instagram the other day. I looked at Katie Van something and had to turn off. Her accent is really annoying (sorry) and I HATE the hunting pics. I don't wanna support anyone like that with follows.
---
Does anyone follow Katie Sanderson Equestrian on Insta? She's had such rotten luck! First her best dressage Welshy Dram had to be permanently retired in December at a pretty early and and now her two youngsters have terrible things going on causing them to be out of work and one maybe even needs to be pts. Honestly I feel so gutted for her. She's a fab rider too.

Last edited:
did like tina riding addie, still don’t love the mare but don’t think i ever will. however either addies bit is waaaay too big or tina’s hands in a couple of clips got me

Reactions: 2
I enjoyed watching the free spirit yearlings training video last week. They should be well trained and desensitized by the time she backs them at 4yrs old.
She's done great work with them. This is how foals should be. I dont believe in the "stick them in a field and do nothing until they're 3" theory.

Reactions: 3
did like tina riding addie, still don’t love the mare but don’t think i ever will. however either addies bit is waaaay too big or tina’s hands in a couple of clips got me
All I can look at in any video/photo of addie is the massive bit of fluff in the middle of her nose band…it’s just comically big, or maybe Im just not up to date with current nose band fashion? 😂

Reactions: 2
No she isn’t
Thanks for clarifying. I was reading some comments on megs latest video and some of them made it seem like she was a good friend of megs. I didn’t realise she was married to Jesse Campbell. I vaguely knew him in my teens as we were competing in the same classes

Am I being ridiculous or is Laura Collett posting photos of all her horses jumping ‘that’ fence a bit distasteful? No? Just me?

Am I being ridiculous or is Laura Collett posting photos of all her horses jumping ‘that’ fence a bit distasteful? No? Just me?
Don’t think that was the first water though was it? I think there were 3 water complexes on course last weekend. The one Georgie fell at looked to not be direct into water, it had some grass on the landing side of the jump (5b).

Edit: Actually I’ve just the photo and seen the name so yeah it is the one. But really, I think the eventing community are wanting to still share their photos and achievements and that’s ok. Jesse even said, ‘don’t be awkward, smile and laugh’.

Last edited:
Don’t think that was the first water though was it? I think there were 3 water complexes on course last weekend. The one Georgie fell at looked to not be direct into water, it had some grass on the landing side of the jump (5b).
Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions then! I just saw the ‘Symonds & Sampson’ sign and was like wtf… so that’s on me for sure!

Perhaps I am jumping to conclusions then! I just saw the ‘Symonds & Sampson’ sign and was like wtf… so that’s on me for sure!
Sorry I just edited my post before I saw you replied and think you are right. Unless they sponsored any other jumps? But it probably is the one.

Omgoodness Meg still calling Winnie a baby 🤦🏼‍♀️ She’s definitely taking the younger ones out for winning, she’s not in it for confidence training that’s for sure. Love how Meg blames Winnie for how she rode in the dressage, like it’s clearly nothing to do with the rider.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.