Equestrian influencers #24 RWC doesn’t have a clue, she’s been riding since she shot out of the womb

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m honestly so angry and sad at all adults involved in this, especially the parents.
Not wanting to be rude, but the parents don't come across as all that bright. I absolutely love love love the stallion and Ivy is a great little jockey but what started as a charming viral video has gotten totally out of hand and disintegrated into a circus with the child as the exhibit and that's just plain wrong.

Reactions: 11
The most worrying part of the whole children on social media thing is the adults that follow and encourage these accounts. Anyone that follows children's accounts seriously should have a word with themselves on if they think that's appropriate or not. Can understand if you have kids that like their content but anyone who follows or even interacts with these child accounts need to give their head a wobble. The people that are interacting with these accounts are enabling it all and making these things seem "normal". It's not normal. Not even slightly.

Reactions: 10
The most worrying part of the whole children on social media thing is the adults that follow and encourage these accounts. Anyone that follows children's accounts seriously should have a word with themselves on if they think that's appropriate or not. Can understand if you have kids that like their content but anyone who follows or even interacts with these child accounts need to give their head a wobble. The people that are interacting with these accounts are enabling it all and making these things seem "normal". It's not normal. Not even slightly.
I see where you're coming from totally, but I am am adult and I do follow some accounts of gymnasts and ballet dancers at the top level that are under 16. Only because I find their dedication and artistry incredible and I like to follow them through their careers.

A meet and greet by an 8 year old is horrifying! Anything for a cash grab I guess. I also didn't see the original story but I saw today's and she's spot on.

Reactions: 6
Everydayeventer called out Horseware for hosting a meet and greet at their pop-up with the 8 year old child influencer Ivy. Basically saying that child influencers are exploited
---
View attachment 2935222
What a tit unprofessional response… and the fact they ADMIT she was shell shocked and it took her 10 minutes to adjust?! Just let the kid be a kid ffs and don’t put her in the situation in the first place

Reactions: 7
On a very quick scan one breeding website says he's a WFFS carrier and another said he's not been tested for it so there's no consensus it seems. My (admittedly limited) understanding that it's less of an issue for people only looking to produce a riding horse & not a horse that's going to be retained into a proper breeding program. And with Dee most likely not being a carrier as well, even if he is I'd hope it won't be a huge issue for the foal.

Was scrolling through FB when I saw this come up - that's the stallion to Dee right? I have never heard of WFFS does any one else have experience? Doesn't seem to be in Connie's and I think both parents need the gene for it to be fatal but not sure I'd take the chance!
I had not heard of it so a quick google says that it can cause genetic defects such as hyperextension and thin and fragile skin. That’s a bit of a worry!

I find the amount of stuff that brand like LeMieux give away to sponsored riders disgusting.
I think it was Esme that I watched doing an unboxing a few months ago and the sheer amount
of products given to someone who already has tonnes was unnecessary. How can one person use that many coats, for instance? Gifted several new coats every winter. I bet they get one wear and then hung up and forgotten about.
All it says to me is that the products must be so cheap to make if they can afford to give that amount away constantly.

I hope the sponsored rider/brand ambassador thing fizzles out. It’s completely out of control.

Reactions: 3
I had not heard of it so a quick google says that it can cause genetic defects such as hyperextension and thin and fragile skin. That’s a bit of a worry!
For a foal to be affected by WFFS it needs to inherit the gene from both parents because it's a recessive trait. Connemara's aren't generally affected (only warmbloods like thoroughbreds are) so chances are Dee if not a carrier as she's Connie. So even if Marley is a carrier, the foal should be fine. The only issue might be down the line if they have a filly they want to breed to a warmblood stallion that carries the gene and that filly is also a carrier.

Reactions: 1
It seems like every influencer is receiving Henry James tack at the moment. I’ve used their products for years, before they were popular, because they are good quality. In my opinion giving it to loads of influencers is cheapening the brand.

Reactions: 9
The amount of times I’ve heard the word ‘darling’ from Meg, Hannah, Cam and Tina in these two badminton vlogs (and the winnie eventing one) 🤦🏻‍♀️ also, what is it with Meg saying ‘I’m so gassed’…

also, what happened to taking just one or two other helpers with you? The team with Meg was quite ridiculous. I’m not sure even a 5* rider has that many people with them (aside from those with partners/kids).

I find the amount of stuff that brand like LeMieux give away to sponsored riders disgusting.
I think it was Esme that I watched doing an unboxing a few months ago and the sheer amount
of products given to someone who already has tonnes was unnecessary. How can one person use that many coats, for instance? Gifted several new coats every winter. I bet they get one wear and then hung up and forgotten about.
All it says to me is that the products must be so cheap to make if they can afford to give that amount away constantly.

I hope the sponsored rider/brand ambassador thing fizzles out. It’s completely out of control.

I’ve been musing on this, there were similar posts a page or two back. When the brands send the free clothes or whatever to the influencer I’m thinking there must be an expectation that they will show them to their followers. Followers see them and know about them and because someone the like wears them or says they are good, they want them also. So followers know about the brand, what’s available and how it looks.

if brands stopped this, they’d have to place paid ads. Possibly using models who’d get paid, and anyone else that needs paying? with no guarantee that the people they want to see the items will see them. So really what we’re looking at is just advertising. Not that the items are cheap etc (I’m not saying they aren’t) they are given to be placed in from of the people the brands want to sell to.
The influencer issues I have are them not properly declaring ads. @Spon isn’t it, and it’s not fair. The other is selling out. Influencers should not be promoting things they don’t use. Talking about something they like as far as I’m concerned is fine, I just can’t be doing with things being the best ever one week then dropped the next.
Lastly the kidfluencers. These children are not able to give consent or to understand the implications. I object less to teenagers, but under 12s I strongly disagree with.

It seems like every influencer is receiving Henry James tack at the moment. I’ve used their products for years, before they were popular, because they are good quality. In my opinion giving it to loads of influencers is cheapening the brand.
I don’t really follow influencers too closely so only saw Silly Prune on TikTok being gifted (or had she contacted them looking help with sizing?) and they gifted her a mug that she promptly broke, they then took the pee when sending her a new one along with the bridle!

I loved Tina’s endorsement of WW, it was very authentic. I got influenced and love my boots, the le mieux endorsement is not the same as it hasn’t come from genuine loyalty. I do like her relationship with her riding boots and toggi etc. long term use means the world to me. You can’t see long term use with any le mieux promos cos they turn it over so fast. Very tone deaf, environmentally and financially!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The people that are interacting with these accounts are enabling it all and making these things seem "normal". It's not normal. Not even slightly.
THAT! I must admit I did follow Ivy initially for a very short time right after it all started. Then I woke up. I make a point of not watching any content that is potentially objectionable because every time you watch something, you directly support the account.

These children are not able to give consent or to understand the implications. I object less to teenagers, but under 12s I strongly disagree with.
That's about the line I would draw.

I loved Tina’s endorsement of WW, it was very authentic. I got influenced and love my boots, the le mieux endorsement is not the same as it hasn’t come from genuine loyalty. I do like her relationship with her riding boots and toggi etc. long term use means the world to me. You can’t see long term use with any le mieux promos cos they turn it over so fast. Very tone deaf, environmentally and financially!
Exactly this. I’ve never seen Tina or Meg use Le Mieux prior to them becoming sponsored riders. Like most of Megs brands, I’ve never seen her use prior to sponsorship, I know Pure feed she was, but any of her others have never been seen or used, and this is what makes me think, are they getting too comfortable with these brands for the amount of gifts they get free, i seriously can’t watch an unboxing, I find it cruel to the outside world, people can’t afford much these days, and work there arses off, and to see someone have an unboxing of items they have never used before and make out they are great and you can get a discount code etc, what a load of rubbish, it’s not how reality works and they then screenshot there entry fees of how much it’s cost them, get over yourselves!

Talking about these brands being cheap - I found a huge amount of saddlepads on Alibaba, unbranded, that look A LOT like the ones advertised on LeMieux, PS of Sweden etc.
They sell for as little as $10aud if you buy bulk. I've considered buying off Alibaba because I'll be paying a quarter of the price than buying from LeMieux and paying for a brand.

I’m honestly so angry and sad at all adults involved in this, especially the parents. Who on their right mind thinks this is safe or appropriate for a child? I’ve said for a long time that children should not be used for content, Harlow is another one, so is Frankie, they are kids and they are being exploited for money, plain and simple. How does an 8yr old even process this? That random strangers want to meet her? People are weird.
The only child I have followed is Frankie and I have become really uncomfortable with it lately and unfollowed, the poor kids has some serious health issues and while its great that riding is her escape from that, the endless photos of her half passed out on a ponies back and the sudden pressure to take up eventing and higher level dressage on Callie seem to much.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.