Equestrian influencers #23 Lots of horses looking obese, (in)Expert Bits need to cease.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last edited:
Blimey has everyone seen abi lyles most recent. Absolutely shocking. What a strong lady. I love her even more!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Blimey has everyone seen abi lyles most recent. Absolutely shocking. What a strong lady. I love her even more!
I just saw it. I had no idea. Have always loved her and now, more so. She is very brave to have gone what through she has had to go through. It takes a lot of strength and courage 💚

Reactions: 6
It’s really horrific, she’s incredibly brave for reliving that now. It happened around 2010, how traumatic to relive that now… great to see her absolutely thriving now

Reactions: 2
Having just read the story on BBC, I'm so incredibly shocked and so in awe of how she's been able to share her story. The details of the abuse she suffered is harrowing, and it's testament to her strength that she's been living so publicly when such a horrific man was still alive. A total new level of respect for her.

I didn’t think I could love her more how the hell she rode with that in the background she is one amazing young woman

It just goes to show we never know what goes on behind closed doors and what people have gone through

The report is triggering be warned

Katie Simpson murder accused had 'violent past', ex-partner says https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-68895803

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Abi was married to Charlie Hutton after that, I think he cheated on her and they divorced. But she stuck with the dressage

Just watching Meg’s lesson with Lucinda. I think that’s the best I’ve ever seen her ride Jam! She’s riding off a really forward stride and Jam is jumping fab. If she jumps like that at Badminton I think a top 10 finish in the 100 is definitely a possibility for them.

Reactions: 7
As someone who’s been in an abusive relationship I can only applaud her. That tit is tough to talk about, especially so many years later. I still have nightmares and dread one day seeing his name in the news because he’s finally killed sometime.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
As someone who’s been in an abusive relationship I can only applaud her. That tit is tough to talk about, especially so many years later. I still have nightmares and dread one day seeing his name in the news because he’s finally killed sometime.
I just hope she doesn’t feel like she could have done more to stop him or anything like that. As it seems she did everything she could, she got out and clearly gave evidence to put him in prison the first time. Them theres the fact she probably wouldn’t be believed by any new girlfriends as in my experience they start off charming and like a decent human being then they start showing little hints, which get to bigger hints that they are abusive or controlling. Not sure what happens after that as I got out before my ex started abusing me and theres no telling he would have, but I felt he would become and controlling abusive partner. So I take my hat off to anyone who has got out of a controlling and abusive relationship especially when they have lived with them or kids have been involved.

I just hope she doesn’t feel like she could have done more to stop him or anything like that. As it seems she did everything she could, she got out and clearly gave evidence to put him in prison the first time. Them theres the fact she probably wouldn’t be believed by any new girlfriends as in my experience they start off charming and like a decent human being then they start showing little hints, which get to bigger hints that they are abusive or controlling. Not sure what happens after that as I got out before my ex started abusing me and theres no telling he would have, but I felt he would become and controlling abusive partner. So I take my hat off to anyone who has got out of a controlling and abusive relationship especially when they have lived with them or kids have been involved.
I completely agree. I wasn’t in a physically abusive relationship but definitely an emotionally and verbally abusive one and they always start off with the love bombing and making you feel special. Abusers never start off abusive. There’s that saying about if you put a frog straight into boiling water it will jump out, but if you put a frog into cold water and slowly turn it up to boiling, they will boil alive. My heart goes out to anyone who has or still is in abusive relationships.

Reactions: 1
Huge respect for her, she’s been through a heck of a lot in her life, with the divorce and losing family in the worst ways too. One very strong and amazing lady.

Reactions: 3
Really enjoyed watching Meg's lesson with Lucinda. Meg rode great and like comment above off a forward stride.

Just watching Meg’s lesson with Lucinda. I think that’s the best I’ve ever seen her ride Jam! She’s riding off a really forward stride and Jam is jumping fab. If she jumps like that at Badminton I think a top 10 finish in the 100 is definitely a possibility for them.
I turned it off, absolutely tedious and frustrating listening to Meg “oh I’m scared, oh put it down one,oh I messed that up because I was scared” then when she actually listens to the person teaching her does it all perfectly well with no problems. Lost count of the amount of times Lucinda told her to ride forwards, get a bigger, stronger canter, to count and Meg just fannied around doing nothing and then poor Jam ends up doing a really awkward jump and getting socked in the mouth for her troubles. At this point it’s so obvious Meg is playing on it for content,she wouldn’t be able to keep going out and winning the way she does and wouldn’t miraculously keep pulling it out of the bag at the end of a lesson. Maybe she doesn’t realise how lucky she is to keep being provided with these amazing instructors and facilities, maybe she’s just using it for lazy content but she could have been so much further forward than she is. Jam deserves more than this.

Reactions: 9
I turned it off, absolutely tedious and frustrating listening to Meg “oh I’m scared, oh put it down one,oh I messed that up because I was scared” then when she actually listens to the person teaching her does it all perfectly well with no problems. Lost count of the amount of times Lucinda told her to ride forwards, get a bigger, stronger canter, to count and Meg just fannied around doing nothing and then poor Jam ends up doing a really awkward jump and getting socked in the mouth for her troubles. At this point it’s so obvious Meg is playing on it for content,she wouldn’t be able to keep going out and winning the way she does and wouldn’t miraculously keep pulling it out of the bag at the end of a lesson. Maybe she doesn’t realise how lucky she is to keep being provided with these amazing instructors and facilities, maybe she’s just using it for lazy content but she could have been so much further forward than she is. Jam deserves more than this.
I have no time for Meg's usual carry on but I disagree with this and thought that despite her 'can you put that down', 'that's mean Lucinda' commentary (which I think is for comedic purposes but no one finds funny) she did actually get on with it and did a great job with minimal interference in Jam's way of going. Best I've seen her ride for years, so credit where due. Lucinda really brings out the best in her and it's a pity she doesn't get regular lessons with her. I want a Jam!!

Reactions: 5
I couldn’t agree more with this! Lucinda was giving her plenty of help & tbh at times it felt like she was more bothered about how she looked & the content she was getting than actually just getting on with the job. It did make me laugh when Lucinda said it’s not meant to be fun & basically just to get on with it! People would give their arm to get the opportunities she does & to me it just doesn’t feel like she appreciates it

I thought it was one of her better training vlogs, I think she knows Lucinda doesn’t mess around and she has to do as she’s told, clearly Lucinda is tough at heart and Meg knows this. Yes the jumps were a fair height to what Meg is used to and Lucinda wouldn’t have put them up that high if she didn’t think they could manage. I’ve never understood why Meg comes out of Eventing in the top 3 consistently but struggles jumping 80cm in a training lesson because she’s scared. At least we weren’t hearing the absolute awful breathing down the microphone 🎤
I stay true to my words that Meg will do well at Badminton.

I notice Meg didn’t have Jam in a Pelham for that lesson. I wonder what she’ll show jump in at badminton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.