Equestrian influencers #23 Lots of horses looking obese, (in)Expert Bits need to cease.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s bizarre how when it’s Meg’s horse that has neurologically issues and is a danger (Ari) that she makes the sensible decision to turn him away, but when it’s Affie it’s all a laugh and a joke

Reactions: 5
Good lord, what is RWC going to share with us tomorrow morning? (According to insta, we're to find out about this super exciting thing tomorrow)

Reactions: 1
Meg ended up scoring higher than Alex Bragg and Cam then, that must be a nice confidence boost ahead of badminton. A shame about Tina’s pole after that dressage

It’s bizarre how when it’s Meg’s horse that has neurologically issues and is a danger (Ari) that she makes the sensible decision to turn him away, but when it’s Affie it’s all a laugh and a joke
Whilst I agree with you, because Affie is going to seriously hurt Han one of these days. Not Meg’s horse, not her problem. And we don’t know what discussions they’ve had off camera. Meg could well have told her everything that’s been said on here, but it’s Han’s horse so not much Meg can do about it. And her mum clearly sees it as she told Meg not to get on her. I wonder if it’s just a badly judged IG story because she’s on a high from Calmsden.

Exactly, this shits me when a horse is clearly showing behavioural issues and it’s seen as funny. Very much the same as they see in Bear, a laughing stock because they think this sort of behaviour is so funny, they are both so immature they’ve got no idea. If Han was a “good” friend to Meg, she would be supporting her in the right way, not seeing it as a laughing matter.

Reactions: 2
Exactly, this shits me when a horse is clearly showing behavioural issues and it’s seen as funny. Very much the same as they see in Bear, a laughing stock because they think this sort of behaviour is so funny, they are both so immature they’ve got no idea. If Han was a “good” friend to Meg, she would be supporting her in the right way, not seeing it as a laughing matter.
And notice they're both ponies. I wonder if their behaviour would be taken more seriously if they were bigger.

Reactions: 3
Meg ended up scoring higher than Alex Bragg and Cam then, that must be a nice confidence boost ahead of badminton. A shame about Tina’s pole after that dressage
I’m sure Alex and Cam would have had younger horses in that section? Jam is obviously more advanced and not a young horse.
Definitely a shame for Tina.

Anyone else a big fan of @highlandpony_ ? She’s doing medium dressage with her amazing highland pony. He’s also an eventer and show pony, all round little legend!
My first time on here in a few days so I'm only just seeing this, but thank you for drawing my attention to this account! So good to see a fit Highland out and about having fun. From your username I guess you're a fellow HiPo owner? How funny if we knew each other in real life lmao

Evie pushing Donut around a 1m10 SJ course and he’s knocked nearly every rail down, he’s not a tidy jumping horse at all and doesn’t look to have much talent at that height? I’d be working on grid work and V poles to get him to tidy his front legs up.

Evie pushing Donut around a 1m10 SJ course and he’s knocked nearly every rail down, he’s not a tidy jumping horse at all and doesn’t look to have much talent at that height? I’d be working on grid work and V poles to get him to tidy his front legs up.
He only had three down when he got a bit too forward and flat. Course riding is equally as important to train ring craft/course fitness. It's so easy when you have these big powerful horses for them to gain on you. My horse is an absolute power house but is completely different doing gridwork and over a course - practicing both is equally as important.

This feels very harsh. It wasn't nearly every rail and she has to get him the ring experience he needs without him getting fast and flat - I think it's good she shows the practise behind the scenes, even if it's not always pretty.

Reactions: 4
This feels very harsh. It wasn't nearly every rail and she has to get him the ring experience he needs without him getting fast and flat - I think it's good she shows the practise behind the scenes, even if it's not always pretty.
He had quite a few down, he looks untidy in front. Yes I understand ring experience as we all know with our own horses! I like to see the not so perfect rounds for sure as that’s a lot of reality, but from what I am seeing, he needs work if she wants him to have a clear SJ round for Badminton…… He doesn’t have many clear SJ rounds. Just my opinion.

seriously BD what are you thinking?
Interesting. I used to do the Inter Regionals when I was part of BYRDS (now BD youth), but that was years ago. They must do a senior version of this?

All I remember from the Inter Regionals is that you also used to do a test that would score you on your riding (which was always rather nerve wracking) I'm not sure if this is still a thing either? But that might be a good thing for Charlotte.

Exciting to be selected for it, but there will be 9 teams in her region. I have to say, I used to love a team event, really nice to spend time with people doing similar things. Perhaps this will be good for Charlotte.