Equestrian Influencers #21 Can you all vlogmas off now please?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too! She's done a fantastic job with her homebreds. It's sad to hear that she is selling Khal at the end of the season, but thats the reality of a good breeding plan
She got offered a fair bit for him a few years ago by an Irish rider who saw him at Cavan I think, but wanted to progress on him a bit more first. He’ll go for a good wedge I think, especially if she has a good season on him.

Reactions: 1
Hey, you all know that you would totally live that lifestyle if you could! I know I would 🤷🏼‍♀️

Which day was Bobby Hayler competing? I'll see if I can see it on H&C on demand.
I would love it! I just wouldn’t pretend I was working hard 🤷‍♀️. I’m currently rehabbing from a major op so am at work on reduced days and hours and it’s absolute heaven, I wish I could afford to do this permanently.
---
And they have 3 people helping out 3-4 days a week. That’s pretty cushty. I would live like that if I could, but I wouldn’t call it a hard days work. The horses would be my happy time.
I don’t currently have a horse and couldn’t afford to as I work odd hours, there is no way I can afford full or part livery on my wage, even with having 2 jobs!
What was it she said about Jeanette? She doesn’t want her life defined by the horses? Something like that I think. Maybe don’t have so many and keep breeding sub par ponies.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
What was it she said about Jeanette? She doesn’t want her life defined by the horses? Something like that I think. Maybe don’t have so many and keep breeding sub par ponies.
Exactly!
I would sell Bryni, Moose, Winnie & probably Ettie (even though I’m keen to see how she turns out ridden). Ari, I get that they can’t sell him now. I would put Bear out on loan to a young rider and there we go, you are left with a handful of ponies.
Stop breeding tit, won’t need to have 3 people helping, maybe just Hannah.

Reactions: 10
Exactly!
I would sell Bryni, Moose, Winnie & probably Ettie (even though I’m keen to see how she turns out ridden). Ari, I get that they can’t sell him now. I would put Bear out on loan to a young rider and there we go, you are left with a handful of ponies.
I think Bryni must be on the chopping block to sell soon now they've begun weaning. She never grew up the way they hoped.

I'd add Dee to loan out for someo0ne who wants to play around at 80/90 as she gets a bit older!

That did kind of stick out to me too - all the talk about having 10 horses to do but only 3 are actually in work.

They've already said most likely Bryni and Moose will be sold this year. Ettie I think it'll depend how big she gets; maybe Meg will produce her a bit and then sell. Dee will either have a second foal or will potentially go on loan to do some low level stuff (personally I think Han should look into being a loaner for Dee) and Bear will probably have another foal. I kind of don't blame them for not loaning Bear; they've said before she can be quite tricky to build a relationship with and you'd need to be REALLY sure a kid could manage her if she spooks or something. I don't know how the legalities work but if someone got hurt while they were loaning Bear, it could cause problems.

Exactly!
Ettie just strikes me as a palomino Winnie, hairy, opinionated and too small for Meg, according to her latest vlog she doesn’t have time to breathe, let alone produce all these youngsters, just get them sold and let someone with the time try their best with them.

Oh yea, Ettie is no world beater but I do much prefer her over Winnie. I really liked Millie, I like the cobby frame and of course her colour is more striking than your typical bay or grey. Winnie is just a strange looking thing and with a aggy temperament too. Not my cuppa tea!

Reactions: 2
Ettie just strikes me as a palomino Winnie, hairy, opinionated and too small for Meg, according to her latest vlog she doesn’t have time to breathe, let alone produce all these youngsters, just get them sold and let someone with the time try their best with them.
I think it'll be interesting to see Ettie as she gets a bit older as we've not seen much of her to know how her temperament is maturing. In her summer coat she looks very pretty and not so bog-pony hairy. I agree that she won't be a long term prospect for Meg though, too cobby and small, but I can see Meg keeping her on a bit longer to start her under saddle and then sell

I know she has her own thread on here but its not horsey so I am bringing it here just to say I am unashamedly envios of Luisa Zissmann - She really is living every horsey girls dream :love::oops::confused:

[/QUOTE]

Maybe hobbit should stop breeding from unsound and dangerous horses. No wonder they can keep the unpredictable Ari if someone else is out there doing the work. As said above there is literally 3 in work. I wonder if they sold out Bryni and moose would they buy more in ?.

How does Meg know how good the bedding they are gifted is when she's only going to keep seeing newly mucked out stables :ROFLMAO:.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Not heard of Luisa before but my god she is so thin. What is her horse situation?
Is she the one who had a taxidermist “stuff” (sorry,don’t know a more correct word) her dead stallion and she keeps it in her hall?

• Haha
  • Wow
Is she the one who had a taxidermist “stuff” (sorry,don’t know a more correct word) her dead stallion and she keeps it in her hall?
Yep - He was PTS ands he had him stuffed and he stands in her living room :oops: :oops:
Her other page is Luisa Zismann Equestrian
But she has a super wealthy husband, lives on a massive estate, has polo ponies, dressage horses etc and everything is just divine! Her new tack room refurb is nicer than my entire house :ROFLMAO:. I think she became 'famous' from appearing on the apprentice

• Wow
How much will Meg get for the yearlings if she sells them though? It probably cost more to breed and keep for a year.

I'm not saying every horse needs to be a world beater, but at least try to breed something that you can actually ride, move up the levels and make some money on.

She's massive on Winnie, and I'm sure it will be the same situation with everything else they have bred.

I'd like to see her move everything on other than Wilma. If she's too attached then I'm sure she could find them amazing loan homes with competent small jockeys.

The only youngster I’m looking forward to seeing how he turns out is Brego. Moose is cute but is going to be too small.

Reactions: 2
Maybe hobbit should stop breeding from unsound and dangerous horses. No wonder they can keep the unpredictable Ari if someone else is out there doing the work. As said above there is literally 3 in work. I wonder if they sold out Bryni and moose would they buy more in ?.

How does Meg know how good the bedding they are gifted is when she's only going to keep seeing newly mucked out stables :ROFLMAO:.
[/QUOTE]
Concord straw pellets used to be the bees knees so what happened with them? Or at least I gather she was sponsored by them I went on a bit of an insta stalk as advetures of megatron posted about them so I just skipped through her stories and Meg was tagged in one and I assume she was sponsored by them at one point.

Yep - He was PTS ands he had him stuffed and he stands in her living room :oops: :oops:
Her other page is Luisa Zismann Equestrian
But she has a super wealthy husband, lives on a massive estate, has polo ponies, dressage horses etc and everything is just divine! Her new tack room refurb is nicer than my entire house :ROFLMAO:. I think she became 'famous' from appearing on the apprentice
Isn’t her set up amazing, I do wonder why she had children though she’s never with them!

In fairness, the judging was seriously low all around and she was halfway in the placings in her first class, and not last in the second.

If I had been competing that day, I'd question the judging. Across all classes from yesterday. I'm sure not everyone was suddenly riding several percentage points below their average...

I did like the vlog and I'm looking forward to seeing how she gets on later in the week.
Agreed. Though I watched the test and thought the judges comments were pretty fair for her first test. The old saying is that you get 2% lower than your typical scores at the regionals. Wasn't so much a fan of the comment on her music that the 'Travers in trot didn't bring much to the party'.

Wasn't there supposed to be a LOTLR vlog out a couple of days ago? I saw on IG at the start of the week that it had been delayed because of a family party and not finishing editing, but haven't seen one come out, unless YT is hiding it.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.