Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Totally agree with the Y Food crap. Really irresponsible and they can spout the ‘it’s a meal in a bottle’ but it’s not a proper meal and I wonder how much sugar is in those things?

at one point, a few years ago, I was deep into my ED and couldn’t eat solid food. I was put on ensures 4 times a day as I hadn’t eat for so long and slowly weaned off of them onto solid food. Those things wreck your teeth and ED’s play havoc with your digestive system and has led to people having stomach paralysis.

so I don’t agree with these meal replacements. I certainly don’t agree with promoting it and these ‘influencers’ should really take a long, hard look at themselves.

Reactions: 9
Totally agree with the Y Food crap. Really irresponsible and they can spout the ‘it’s a meal in a bottle’ but it’s not a proper meal and I wonder how much sugar is in those things?

at one point, a few years ago, I was deep into my ED and couldn’t eat solid food. I was put on ensures 4 times a day as I hadn’t eat for so long and slowly weaned off of them onto solid food. Those things wreck your teeth and ED’s play havoc with your digestive system and has led to people having stomach paralysis.

so I don’t agree with these meal replacements. I certainly don’t agree with promoting it and these ‘influencers’ should really take a long, hard look at themselves.
Completely agree. I suffered with disordered eating when I was a teenager (not on this level) and seeing someone I ‘idolised’ would’ve absolutely validated those ED thoughts. Senseless and dangerous to be promoting meal replacements to their target audience.

Reactions: 3
I used to like kizzy and ettie’s ponies but its all look how fabulously different and back to nature and unconventional we are. I feel like it’s all a bit forced, and sickly. They have also been through quite a few horses for the Mum, they’re currently looking for another with the wanted list sounding very similar to ones they’ve sold before. It always comes across that Kizzy is the favourite as well.

Reactions: 8
Does anyone here know why es.equestrian retired Billy Olive?👀 claims it wasn’t an injury but does anyone have any tea ☕ on what it might have been?
If you look at its record it was stopping and getting eliminated with her before retirement.

Reactions: 1
No hunt will top the mess that was the one on Katie Price’s Pony Club. You can still watch most of it on YouTube I think.
It’s on discovery plus or at least it was, well worth the £30 for the year just to watch her car crash of a pony club mums outings 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Gemma Tattersall's Arctic Soul has died. Going by the post it seems after he won an event?
How terribly sad for her and all of Arctic Soul's connections

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Gemma Tattersall's Arctic Soul has died. Going by the post it seems after he won an event?
How terribly sad for her and all of Arctic Soul's connections
He collapsed after the finish line by all accounts..sounds like a heart attack. So sad...was a fab horse.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
It seems so sad that potentially if he wasn’t out competing he wouldn’t have died of a heart attack. Puts in all in perspective what we ask these horses to do for us.

It seems so sad that potentially if he wasn’t out competing he wouldn’t have died of a heart attack. Puts in all in perspective what we ask these horses to do for us.
Not really. That could have happened in the field.
It’s a bit like saying if we didn’t go out we wouldn’t get hit by a bus.

Reactions: 15
He absolutely adored XC and I think you could say that not taking him competing and keeping him at home in a stable not doing any intensive work wouldnt have given him the quality of life he had. He was 19 and although it’s sad he doesn’t get the retirement he deserves, equally he’s had a wonderful life doing a job he clearly loved.

Reactions: 11
Anyone else see how incredibly lucky some of these equestrian vloggers are? They are sponsored by everything, and to only have to vlog a couple of videos in return?
~ Horse boxes, feed, haylage, saddles, helmets, body protection, clothing, the list is endless.
Then there’s reality where we have to work all the hours under the sun to be able to afford one or 2 on the list above! And now they are sponsored or gifted by y foods, drink bottles and now the latest one is deodorant! Thoughts? Or am I just a little jealous 😂

Reactions: 8
Anyone else see how incredibly lucky some of these equestrian vloggers are? They are sponsored by everything, and to only have to vlog a couple of videos in return?
~ Horse boxes, feed, haylage, saddles, helmets, body protection, clothing, the list is endless.
Then there’s reality where we have to work all the hours under the sun to be able to afford one or 2 on the list above! And now they are sponsored or gifted by y foods, drink bottles and now the latest one is deodorant! Thoughts? Or am I just a little jealous 😂
In all fairness for Meg it's her full time job so she needs to get paid. She didn't do the drink bottle thing that I know of, and I obvs don't like y food. But All of her ads are very clearly ads that she makes clear she's been paid to promote them and isn't saying they're the best thing since sliced bread if she doesn't actually like or use them. She's worked really hard for her sponsorships. Some of the others I couldn't say the same for though.

Reactions: 2
I agree to an extent. I’m jealous but that’s also their job and I couldn’t personally put myself out there like that. I work in marketing and I do a lot of social for numerous of our clients so I understand the time and efforts going into it. We quote a photographer to shoot just 10 photos for a client brand campaign and they’re charging over a grand for just that. It’s the time, editing, equipment.
I do understand the work they’re putting into it. Think about some of them already having a full/part-time job and then trying to care and ride their 1, 2 or numerous horses while also sharing their journey vlogging/instagramming. It is absolutely hard work. Continuously online. And to make it worth it they have to be earning something out of it. Of course there’s work on a complimentary, gifted, non-media fee basis but you think of Megan Elphick, of course she would have to make money out of it to go full-time with the amount of work she also has to put into her ponies which she probably wouldn’t get a chance to have as much as if she had an office full time job. This is so convenient for her and kudos to her for building her audience so loyal. But that’s what they chose and if you look at it from a brand perspective you’ve got to think about how valuable influencers are. We work with influencers in work but we’ve an entirely different strategy. There’s a line drawn between being excessively oversaturated which is what Y Food are doing which in turn makes followers/audiences turn sour towards the brand and not wanting to engage or buy from them and there’s matching an influencer to the real audience they’re trying to target and they subtly support them with products for perhaps gifted product launches, paid campaigns, competition support and sponsorship etc. Excessive payment for excessive push on social is ridiculous and Y Food are doing it all wrong. Good for awareness as you’re all talking about it. But yeah, I’m turned off even clicking into their profile. They’ve got to look at their ROI. I wonder is it worth it for them.
So you’d have to look at all the influencers you follow and think actually yeah, they’re full time, 2 horses to care for, vlogs add on extra time to film while competing/fun rides etc and then they’ve to go home, edit for a few hours and hope it uploads. It takes a lot for them to be organised and to be fair, VE squad and any other vloggers on YT are grafters. That’s how you make it in the influencer world and deserve the money being paid. Then there’s Olivia towers who cries and takes a break cos she doesn’t know what she’s doing with her life but she’s just lazy. She’s not a grafter. You see Verena then who is genuinely interesting to follow as she seems like she loves just sharing but isn’t crying for brand deals, it’s just pure love of the community. You can look at each influencer SO different and once you actually think about the work and time a lot of them do on top of their full-time jobs, you’ll reevaluate that they are deserved of these paid partnerships. Open to opinions on this because it’s a good debate IMO

Reactions: 6
I agree to an extent. I’m jealous but that’s also their job and I couldn’t personally put myself out there like that. I work in marketing and I do a lot of social for numerous of our clients so I understand the time and efforts going into it. We quote a photographer to shoot just 10 photos for a client brand campaign and they’re charging over a grand for just that. It’s the time, editing, equipment.
I do understand the work they’re putting into it. Think about some of them already having a full/part-time job and then trying to care and ride their 1, 2 or numerous horses while also sharing their journey vlogging/instagramming. It is absolutely hard work. Continuously online. And to make it worth it they have to be earning something out of it. Of course there’s work on a complimentary, gifted, non-media fee basis but you think of Megan Elphick, of course she would have to make money out of it to go full-time with the amount of work she also has to put into her ponies which she probably wouldn’t get a chance to have as much as if she had an office full time job. This is so convenient for her and kudos to her for building her audience so loyal. But that’s what they chose and if you look at it from a brand perspective you’ve got to think about how valuable influencers are. We work with influencers in work but we’ve an entirely different strategy. There’s a line drawn between being excessively oversaturated which is what Y Food are doing which in turn makes followers/audiences turn sour towards the brand and not wanting to engage or buy from them and there’s matching an influencer to the real audience they’re trying to target and they subtly support them with products for perhaps gifted product launches, paid campaigns, competition support and sponsorship etc. Excessive payment for excessive push on social is ridiculous and Y Food are doing it all wrong. Good for awareness as you’re all talking about it. But yeah, I’m turned off even clicking into their profile. They’ve got to look at their ROI. I wonder is it worth it for them.
So you’d have to look at all the influencers you follow and think actually yeah, they’re full time, 2 horses to care for, vlogs add on extra time to film while competing/fun rides etc and then they’ve to go home, edit for a few hours and hope it uploads. It takes a lot for them to be organised and to be fair, VE squad and any other vloggers on YT are grafters. That’s how you make it in the influencer world and deserve the money being paid. Then there’s Olivia towers who cries and takes a break cos she doesn’t know what she’s doing with her life but she’s just lazy. She’s not a grafter. You see Verena then who is genuinely interesting to follow as she seems like she loves just sharing but isn’t crying for brand deals, it’s just pure love of the community. You can look at each influencer SO different and once you actually think about the work and time a lot of them do on top of their full-time jobs, you’ll reevaluate that they are deserved of these paid partnerships. Open to opinions on this because it’s a good debate IMO
In all fairness for Meg it's her full time job so she needs to get paid. She didn't do the drink bottle thing that I know of, and I obvs don't like y food. But All of her ads are very clearly ads that she makes clear she's been paid to promote them and isn't saying they're the best thing since sliced bread if she doesn't actually like or use them. She's worked really hard for her sponsorships. Some of the others I couldn't say the same for though.
Megs full time job is working with her own horses, and working with sponsors in return for a vlog or 2 each week. Who wouldn’t want her job and lifestyle! ☺ She has the property of her parents and the full support from her mum, she is extremely lucky. I guess I find it hard to see that they don’t have to go and purchase a saddle or bridle or buy new boots or buy feed for the horses because it’s all there in sponsorship for them, and all I see is a vlog of riding there own horses for us to watch, there competitions are paid for by sponsorship the list is endless. I know i shouldn’t be so negative about it but I guess that’s how I see it from a viewers point of view.

Reactions: 1
Megs full time job is working with her own horses, and working with sponsors in return for a vlog or 2 each week. Who wouldn’t want her job and lifestyle! ☺ She has the property of her parents and the full support from her mum, she is extremely lucky. I guess I find it hard to see that they don’t have to go and purchase a saddle or bridle or buy new boots or buy feed for the horses because it’s all there in sponsorship for them, and all I see is a vlog of riding there own horses for us to watch, there competitions are paid for by sponsorship the list is endless. I know i shouldn’t be so negative about it but I guess that’s how I see it from a viewers point of view.
You aren’t alone in feeling jealous, unfortunately it’s just the world we live in. No one can ever convince me that being an influencer is a hard job, I’m sorry lol. Yes it takes time, effort and planning but so do a lot of jobs and people get paid absolute peanuts. The benefits and gains you get from being an influence are just astonishing. The only benefit I get from being a mental health nurse is that I have a parking permit for the whole of the city and can park anywhere oh and I also can get 10% off in some shops🤣

Reactions: 6
Megs full time job is working with her own horses, and working with sponsors in return for a vlog or 2 each week. Who wouldn’t want her job and lifestyle! ☺ She has the property of her parents and the full support from her mum, she is extremely lucky. I guess I find it hard to see that they don’t have to go and purchase a saddle or bridle or buy new boots or buy feed for the horses because it’s all there in sponsorship for them, and all I see is a vlog of riding there own horses for us to watch, there competitions are paid for by sponsorship the list is
endless. I know i shouldn’t be so negative about it but I guess that’s how I see it from a viewers point of view.

I do wonder when it will all stop, not Meg but there’s so many influencers now with blogs/ vlogs. When will the online market become completely saturated?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.