Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random question, but does anyone know what Han (nohorsehan) does now? I know she was a nanny and left but I must’ve missed when she said what she was going into but she just mentioned her shift pattern on stories and now I’m curious
Police officer at a guess by the shirt she was wearing and the 6 on 4 off pattern she was describing. 7-3 is a typical early turn shift time.

Reactions: 3
I don’t think she’s going down the influencer route but she does spend a lot of money on the matchy matchy stuff. In saying that, she doesn’t tag the companies like Le Mieux. She makes an effort but it doesn’t seem to be getting her anywhere. I like the novice rider accounts and watching them improve etc, she’s not improving at all, well that’s not fair, she has improved somewhat but not what you would expect in 6 months especially when she’s riding 3/4 plus times a week on top of lessons. Also I think she needs to look at her saddle, in some of her videos it doesn’t seem to fit Cash correctly. Her video quality and photos do need to improve if she does want the influencer gig. I feel she’s a little bit contrived, I don’t find her likeable tbh. She definitely likes the finer things in life, nothing wrong with that but she would be a nightmare on a yard.
Not heard of her but after a quick look seems to be one who has been in the equestrian side for two minutes and knows it all.
Lessons lessons and more lessons would be my advice otherwise poor horse will have issues due to total lack of Balance.

Reactions: 6
Not sure someone with only 1000 followers classifies as an influencer but saying that I’m not entirely sure what the definition or threshold is!

LKF sport horses putting her perfectly healthy 5yo down immediately due to only having navicular changes and a navicular cyst screams ‘The horse likely won’t jump top tracks anymore so I don’t want to waste my time and money getting him comfortable’. So sad to see. That horse could've likely lived a long a successful life.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
LKF sport horses putting her perfectly healthy 5yo down immediately due to only having navicular changes and a navicular cyst screams ‘The horse likely won’t jump top tracks anymore so I don’t want to waste my time and money getting him comfortable’. So sad to see. That horse could've likely lived a long a successful life.
Not quite true, it does say that there was other issues she wasn’t willing to disclose.
If more people were that proactive when a career ending illness/injury/issue was identified we wouldn’t have so many poor broken horses being passed from pillar to post, getting into the hands of unscrupulous dealers and thus into the hands of inexperienced and unsuitable homes.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Not quite true, it does say that there was other issues she wasn’t willing to disclose.
If more people were that proactive when a career ending illness/injury/issue was identified we wouldn’t have so many poor broken horses being passed from pillar to post, getting into the hands of unscrupulous dealers and thus into the hands of inexperienced and unsuitable homes.
Oh I totally agree, if you have an old horse that you can’t keep pts is the best option. But her young healthy 5yo with early stages of navicular? It is not a fatal diagnosis by any means and certainly doesn’t require euthanising, not to mention they clearly have money so I’m sure coukd afford to at least retire the horse. It’s your classic showjumper mentality, if it can’t jump I don’t want it …

Oh I totally agree, if you have an old horse that you can’t keep pts is the best option. But her young healthy 5yo with early stages of navicular? It is not a fatal diagnosis by any means and certainly doesn’t require euthanising, not to mention they clearly have money so I’m sure coukd afford to at least retire the horse. It’s your classic showjumper mentality, if it can’t jump I don’t want it …
Totally disagree, not every horse can just be retired.
mad we collectively know absolutely nothing about the situation I don’t really think it’s fair to be dragging it through the mud.
There is more to it that she hasn’t disclosed, that’s her prerogative.

Reactions: 7
Hmmm is it linked to obtaining an insurance payout I wonder :unsure:

The post certainly doesn’t read as a heartbroken owner to me!

Which also reminds me of the girl on Instagram who put both her horses down on the same day … can’t remember her name! I didn’t buy her story of “heartbreak” either! One had kissing spine and was very young but she chose to put her down rather than attempt to rehab or operate

Not sure someone with only 1000 followers classifies as an influencer but saying that I’m not entirely sure what the definition or threshold is!
Not sure about now but the rule once upon a time here on tattle was the person had to have over 5k followers, that was a few years ago and I think it was more a gentleman’s agreement rather than a rule but no, someone with 1k followers can’t be classed as an influencer imo.

Reactions: 1
Some people do not have the time, money and space to rehab or retire horses and if their career is their horses, money is a huge factor. A 5 year old horse taking up a stable of field for another 15 years? That’s a lot of money.
I know that sounds heartless of me but I’m just looking at it realistically. Unless you have a lot of money or a lot of land, it’s a decision that you have to make. It’s different if you have had a horse for a very long time and it’s ‘earnt it’s keep’, so to speak.
As I said, I know it sounds heartless of me but as said above, if more people were to do this instead of passing them around then we wouldn’t have so many broken horses being shipped from dealer to dealer and buted up to their eyeballs until an unsuspecting buyer comes along.

Reactions: 14
Not heard of her but after a quick look seems to be one who has been in the equestrian side for two minutes and knows it all.
Lessons lessons and more lessons would be my advice otherwise poor horse will have issues due to total lack of Balance.
Her horse has KS, she just bounces about on his back. She’s getting lessons, I’d be looking at a different instructor if I were her. I’m not one to put riders down at all, we were all there but something’s not getting through to her.

Some people do not have the time, money and space to rehab or retire horses and if their career is their horses, money is a huge factor. A 5 year old horse taking up a stable of field for another 15 years? That’s a lot of money.
I know that sounds heartless of me but I’m just looking at it realistically. Unless you have a lot of money or a lot of land, it’s a decision that you have to make. It’s different if you have had a horse for a very long time and it’s ‘earnt it’s keep’, so to speak.
As I said, I know it sounds heartless of me but as said above, if more people were to do this instead of passing them around then we wouldn’t have so many broken horses being shipped from dealer to dealer and buted up to their eyeballs until an unsuspecting buyer comes along.
Exactly this. This is the nature of the horse industry, it is I suppose heartless but you have to be practical too. Its just business.

Reactions: 4
I can’t find this Kirsty woman what is their YouTube account called? Thanks

I'd be interested to see if anyone has any opinions on jumping.bryan? Personally the way she is dealing with her 3yo is appalling me, she's not ready to be jumping at all. Head in the air, shaking her head, crap transitions and just running into fences with no idea what she's doing. Bets she's lame by 7 the same way Ryan is!

oh and then there’s little miss ruth Irish ‘eq’ who says she’s been meaning to make a postabout this for a while. First of all, daddy pays for the cover of cost for two horses and you just buy them unnecessary things to review. And also you’re just struggling for content because you have nothing going on in your equestrian journey and you’re gona just quote Charlotte now
I’m not condoning anything but there’s 3YO’s doing a lot more 😶

Very much enjoying Raleigh's take on that posh little girl Harlow and her parents exploiting the child. I think a lot of us feel the same.

Cantering with Kristy is just very novice. But we do all start somewhere…

I hope she goes for some lessons on different horses, will really help her. A good instructor with horse on the lunge for her trot.

Sadly I think re-joining the horsey world isn’t particularly easy and people aren’t always very helpful. Cash has been diagnosed with KS but from the earlier reels you could see he is isn’t right stepping though so why hasn’t an instructor/ yard manager etc mentioned. I’m sure they know she’s inexperienced 🙄. Also would love to know who did his vetting if he had one.
we all start somewhere..but we don’t all buy ourself a OTTB that needs lots of work before we can trot

Very much enjoying Raleigh's take on that posh little girl Harlow and her parents exploiting the child. I think a lot of us feel the same.
Where is this ? I don’t believe Harlow or her younger brother can give informed consent for all the social media ‘stuff’ good grief why would you film that poor child

Last edited:
Same here, I absolutely despise family vlog channels, it's exploitive and unhealthy for the children. Constantly performing and being videoed is not good for childrens social and emotional development.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone else think riding with rhi was sold a dodgy horse or have I just lost that much faith in humanity I think everyone is out to scam other people?

Does anyone else think riding with rhi was sold a dodgy horse or have I just lost that much faith in humanity I think everyone is out to scam other people?
I have been wondering this myself but can’t say I have enough knowledge about horses to comment completely but she seems to have had some bad luck in her first year of having him but not sure that is normal as I have never owned my own horse. However I have had my loan horse for two years and hes never been sick or sorry.

Also I watched a video of Harlow and Popcorn, what a lovely girl but seems so exploitative and just gave me an uneasy feeling. Don’t get me wrong I made silly YouTube videos when I was younger of me riding my horse but that was my choice and YouTube was different back then (talking about 12 years ago).

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.