Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly I wasn’t thrilled to see the beddown ambassador programme coming back. If I remember, last year’s programme dragged on for ages and became annoying to watch story after story from applicants every day.
Isn't RTG a beddown ambassador? Instantly would put me off applying and I'm not even any kind of influence

I commented and it’s been deleted 😂
Way to go BedDown 🙄
What did you say?

Reactions: 3
What did you say?
Please don’t drag it out over 6 months so every wannabe influencer fills their stories endlessly with gushing about how amazing the bedding is they weren’t even using and had heard off last week.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Blobthecob is great. The old school youtubers like Jazzcicerocasper, Issy King and Grace Lidster are really missed. Some of the riding these days is absolutely shocking. Too much money, not enough horsey knowledge.

Reactions: 5
Please don’t drag it out over 6 months so every wannabe influencer fills their stories endlessly with gushing about how amazing the bedding is they weren’t even using and had heard off last week.
😂😂😂 true though, that’s why they deleted it

Reactions: 1
Blobthecob is great. The old school youtubers like Jazzcicerocasper, Issy King and Grace Lidster are really missed. Some of the riding these days is absolutely shocking. Too much money, not enough horsey knowledge.
I know jas in real life, she is lovely. I've never actually watched her YT though. Might have a look

Reactions: 2
I loved Jazzcicerocasper! She had a hard time with her horse didn’t she? But persevered and he ended up an amazing boy!

I loved Jazzcicerocasper! She had a hard time with her horse didn’t she? But persevered and he ended up an amazing boy!
Ye that was casper iirc, they went to hoys. Was pts sadly can't remember why was a while back

• Sad
Ye that was casper iirc, they went to hoys. Was pts sadly can't remember why was a while back
Both the boys did their DDFT’s and then retired to the field.
She was definitely one of the OG’s on YouTube, I loved watching her videos!

Yes, Casper? I couldn’t believe it when I’d read he had to be put to sleep. As if she hadn’t been through enough heartbreak with Cicero. Poor girl.
I know jas in real life, she is lovely. I've never actually watched her YT though. Might have a look
oh really? Yeah, she’s incredible. You should! I wish she’d post more horsey videos again. 2010 was brilliant on Youtube for horsey youtubers.

Also, Jemma & Taya? Kicking with spurs and jumping with stirrups really long? Can’t stand seeing idiots wearing spurs with no idea how to use them correctly.

Last edited:
Some people do not have the time, money and space to rehab or retire horses and if their career is their horses, money is a huge factor. A 5 year old horse taking up a stable of field for another 15 years? That’s a lot of money.
I know that sounds heartless of me but I’m just looking at it realistically. Unless you have a lot of money or a lot of land, it’s a decision that you have to make. It’s different if you have had a horse for a very long time and it’s ‘earnt it’s keep’, so to speak.
As I said, I know it sounds heartless of me but as said above, if more people were to do this instead of passing them around then we wouldn’t have so many broken horses being shipped from dealer to dealer and buted up to their eyeballs until an unsuspecting buyer comes along.
Judging by how many horses they have and their ability and level… they definitely can afford to. They produce showjumpers of a decent level at their home yard, they’re not just someone on livery who can’t afford to keep the horse. It’s very clear the horse was no longer going to jump top tracks so they discarded it like most of these wealthy showjumpers do

Unfortunately, that is the nature of the business. As I said, if they were to do this for every horse, for the rest of their lives (say 15yrs) with vet, farrier, dentist, feed, hay, water and all other costs, especially in the current climate, it soon racks up a huge bill that actually could be spent on getting in more horses to produce and sell for profit. It’s practicality which is sad but that is how you make money.
I don’t necessarily agree with it but it’s a concept we had to discuss as part of my degree. It’s a utilitarian view I suppose.

Reactions: 7
Holly Lenehan,and Miri Hackett redeem them though.

Judging by how many horses they have and their ability and level… they definitely can afford to. They produce showjumpers of a decent level at their home yard, they’re not just someone on livery who can’t afford to keep the horse. It’s very clear the horse was no longer going to jump top tracks so they discarded it like most of these wealthy showjumpers do
Are all of the horses owned by them though? A lot of “wealthy showjumpers” with muiltiple horses are being payed to ride some of them and only own a few.

Tina now banging on about the Air Up bottle which Meg did an Ad for.

I feel like it shouldn’t be allowed to be promoted twice by a very similar group of people. It just puts me off buying it even more now. One Ad to talk about it was enough.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Now fairfax sending out gifted items for ss22, are we ready for it 😂😂

I can’t remember her name, but there is a (very tall) doctor who is a comedian on tiktok and she did a post on the air up bottle. She was asked to promote it but she said no because it was ridiculous and didn’t work and she said to just drink squash. I agree with her too, you can get sugar free squash. I don’t like water so I drink squash.

Reactions: 4
I can’t remember her name, but there is a (very tall) doctor who is a comedian on tiktok and she did a post on the air up bottle. She was asked to promote it but she said no because it was ridiculous and didn’t work and she said to just drink squash. I agree with her too, you can get sugar free squash. I don’t like water so I drink squash.
I think I follow her on Insta, is her name maddie?

I think I follow her on Insta, is her name maddie?
yes! That’s the one, she is hilarious. She said she wouldn’t promote something she thinks is a waste of money and moved the bottle across and when I paused the video it was the air up bottle😆

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.