Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder how long it will be till Charlotte is selling her Ponyo stuff ...
It’s not the aesthetic she usually goes for, so soon probably 😂

I’ve always blamed the influencer for saying yes, but these companies surely can see who’s the right fit to send gifted stuff too.

I'd be surprised if we even see it on Vossi, more than the once she probably agreed to put it on him for the brand. It's definitely not the look she goes for, way too out there. I can see her keeping the rugs because they're more practical but who knows.

Reactions: 2
I’m liking Charlotte’s post this morning. Such a struggle at the moment and you look at some and you’re like oh they came from money and you look at others and are they faking it or making it. Pure honesty and I can totally relate which is nice to know there’s a whole lot more of us in the same boat.

oh and then there’s little miss ruth Irish ‘eq’ who says she’s been meaning to make a postabout this for a while. First of all, daddy pays for the cover of cost for two horses and you just buy them unnecessary things to review. And also you’re just struggling for content because you have nothing going on in your equestrian journey and you’re gona just quote Charlotte now

Reactions: 1
I’m liking Charlotte’s post this morning. Such a struggle at the moment and you look at some and you’re like oh they came from money and you look at others and are they faking it or making it. Pure honesty and I can totally relate which is nice to know there’s a whole lot more of us in the same boat.

oh and then there’s little miss ruth Irish ‘eq’ who says she’s been meaning to make a postabout this for a while. First of all, daddy pays for the cover of cost for two horses and you just buy them unnecessary things to review. And also you’re just struggling for content because you have nothing going on in your equestrian journey and you’re gona just quote Charlotte now
It’s a good post, but she’s come across as faking it till she makes it in the past. The previous year it was fancy yards, new saddles, jumping between dressage and jumping. Then recently getting stuff gifted from companies, which are also struggling to then sell them on to make a profit.

Influencers are happy to push products that they don’t use or recommend, which could end up with their followers purchasing and getting into debt through their recommendation.

Everyone is going to struggle and everyone should take responsibility how they portray themselves online.

Reactions: 3
Anyone been following Johanna Taylor? She had a positive update in the last couple of days after a hard time with Blondie. She will be back eventing next month and she’s very close to 10k. I like her vlogs on YouTube. It will be good to see this pair back in action 👌🏻

Reactions: 4
Anyone been following Johanna Taylor? She had a positive update in the last couple of days after a hard time with Blondie. She will be back eventing next month and she’s very close to 10k. I like her vlogs on YouTube. It will be good to see this pair back in action 👌🏻
I don’t think she is as personable as Claire? Her pony is lovely but it jumps way to fast and I’m worried if it stops cross country she is going to get seriously hurt

I love blondie. Hope she does some M&M hoys workers with her!

• Haha
I don’t think she is as personable as Claire? Her pony is lovely but it jumps way to fast and I’m worried if it stops cross country she is going to get seriously hurt
I would have thought the other way around! I do like Claire but I prefer Joanna in their vlogs. She’s a speedy mare alright but I think it’s only very recently that she was stopping on her so hopefully she has gotten to the bottom of it. They do have a good dynamic though for YouTube, her and Claire.

It’s a good post, but she’s come across as faking it till she makes it in the past. The previous year it was fancy yards, new saddles, jumping between dressage and jumping. Then recently getting stuff gifted from companies, which are also struggling to then sell them on to make a profit.

Influencers are happy to push products that they don’t use or recommend, which could end up with their followers purchasing and getting into debt through their recommendation.

Everyone is going to struggle and everyone should take responsibility how they portray themselves online.
In fairness to her, it seems like she moved Vossi home when she broke up with her boyfriend so fair play to her for doing the sensible thing in buying a house rather than try and keep the pretence up that she was still on the fancy yard!

"The sacrifices I made for Vossi" Like having parents with land and free stabling is a sacrifice, really.

In fairness to her, it seems like she moved Vossi home when she broke up with her boyfriend so fair play to her for doing the sensible thing in buying a house rather than try and keep the pretence up that she was still on the fancy yard!
She already had the house and was renting it out when she lived with her boyfriend. That's why she lived at her parents for 4 months after the breakup, to give the tenants 4 months to find somewhere else.

Reactions: 5
I'd be interested to see if anyone has any opinions on jumping.bryan? Personally the way she is dealing with her 3yo is appalling me, she's not ready to be jumping at all. Head in the air, shaking her head, crap transitions and just running into fences with no idea what she's doing. Bets she's lame by 7 the same way Ryan is!

[/QUOTE]

Ruth is an absolute tit 😂 she hasn't got a bloody clue what she's talking about. She rambles on about "important topics" that she has no knowledge on - breeding especially! She's as bad on Facebook too. She always comments on posts in groups, but ironically she won't ever be the first one.. usually just copies the comment above 😂

Don’t get why Ruth talks about waste and fast fashion but comments on influencers posts who have hauls and new outfits every week.
If you were that against fast fashion, don’t encourage it...

I'd be interested to see if anyone has any opinions on jumping.bryan? Personally the way she is dealing with her 3yo is appalling me, she's not ready to be jumping at all. Head in the air, shaking her head, crap transitions and just running into fences with no idea what she's doing. Bets she's lame by 7 the same way Ryan is!

Ruth is an absolute tit 😂 she hasn't got a bloody clue what she's talking about. She rambles on about "important topics" that she has no knowledge on - breeding especially! She's as bad on Facebook too. She always comments on posts in groups, but ironically she won't ever be the first one.. usually just copies the comment above 😂
[/QUOTE]
I like Jumping Bryan, she’s a talented rider I’ll give her that but like so many I don’t see her account pop up anymore so didn’t realise she had a 3 year old. She always struck me as been quite knowledgeable, I must have a catch up with her.
I don’t follow Ruth but I’ve seen so many rant about fast fashion in one breath and then support the industry in another. I thinks it’s more for attention and views when they talk hot topics.

Ruth is so uneducated, she honestly hasn’t a clue about horsemanship. I often see her comment on people’s posts about poles or topline and she’s like yes this is such a great exercise, love this for topline etc and you’re just like girl, you have one photo of you riding and you honestly haven’t a clue. She’s so funny to think her dad will allow her get his horse broken and she’ll be the one to ride it lol. I think she needs to come back down to reality and continue getting her lessons. Or when will she ever just buy or loan a horse and put it into practice what she preaches. She’s such a faker I can’t deal.

looking forward to seeing cantering Get out to a comp today. She seems to be really enjoying riding now and it’s nice to see them progress

Not sure if many here are on TikTok but I’m a big fan of Zanzancancan1. It’s clear that Alexander is very knowledgeable and I like her content.

Does anyone know why Ruth is breeding a foal? Is it to sell, keep or for her?

Not sure if many here are on TikTok but I’m a big fan of Zanzancancan1. It’s clear that Alexander is very knowledgeable and I like her content.
I love her too. Learnt a lot from her and a few other grooms on TikTok, especially being one myself. I think a lot of the influencers forget, especially those with staff or horses on full/part livery, the amount of work we do to care for their horses so to see people similar to myself online makes me happy.

• Heart
Ruth isn’t breeding a foal. Her dad is, she claims she’s so involved in the process.

todays photos proved how bleeping tall Izzy is for Clancy and I personally just think it’s so unfair. No wonder the pony doesn’t want to jump and isn’t forward. She seriously needs to move on

really loving VE squad content as they’re always including snippets of their lessons with such great information, knowledge, tips tricks. I learn a lot from them and just love seeing what each of them get up to. They’re a bunch I love to watch

Sorry but back to Cantering...

I’m so conflicted with my opinion of her, when she does talky stories, she come across really well, she is really good at articulating her confidence issues and her lessons etc and I do think it’s refreshing to see the more novice side of the horsey world butttt...

She annoys the hell out of me with the rest of her stories and posts, she clearly asks herself some of the questions she wants to talk about and she doesn’t seem to have moved passed that childish thought pattern that successful jumping is all about height, so lots of stills at dodgy angles mid jump but no much of the lines the approach, the momentum which are all fairly dire which leads me onto...

What is she is expecting with Clancy. All her posts and stories are about building his fitness, improving her confidence, his experience, future (unrealistic) plans blah blah.

Yes he is overweight but what exactly is she hoping the end goal is going to be, he just a lazy, stuck in his ways pony that wants an easy life if she is wanting to progress, which going by her gram, she does, why doesn’t she find something that enjoys its work and wants to jump?

I was really surprised to see she was in PC and some of the old pictures she posted she looked great, I just don’t understand why she is sticking with something that is taking her back the way when she clearly wants to get better

This is what I’m trying to get across, you just said that perfectly. I said here before she’s actually a good rider..on other horses, taller ones and more forward ones so I’ve seen. Clancy will never change, of course he’s a lovely pony but he’s for someone stepping out of riding school or moving onto a bigger pony. It’s just bringing Izzys riding 10 steps back when she actually has so much potential to ride well, build her confidence on a different horse and reach her goals like going eventing or to a showjumping show. She’s never going to improve being stuck on Clancy, she will never change him. Of course she loves him so much but it’s not realistic if she wants to progress and like you said, not progress in terms of height etc because it’s irrelevant but progress in her riding. Clancy cuts corners, she takes him on shite lines into fences and she has him in the habit of pulling back to trot after a jump so of course he’s never going to enjoy jumping and take her cantering around a course clear when she’s taking him around it like that. I don’t know how Clancys owner hasn’t pulled the contract yet. She’s just way too bleeping tall for him and it’s so unfair. You can see she’s even struggling to get him moving forward but that’s cos she’s just grinding on him and throwing her handles forward. A taller horse would benefit her so much. She needs to really come to terms with it and stop being so greedy just because she loves Clancy. None of us want to move on from childhood ponies and ride our 128 childhood dreams forever. Move on and get a horse who can carry your height and weight equally

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.