Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Riding With Charlotte having yet more problems. This time with her saddle. Not sure if it was just me but it really annoyed me that she didn’t just say her saddle was a monoflap and her mum’s is a normal saddle. Idk why it took her so many stories to explain. Perhaps the ill fitting saddle is the reason Vossi is uncomfortable when jumping??

Reactions: 7
Went onto Instagram today and saw ruthirisheq asking what to post tonight- didn’t like that ‘comment on current world crisis’ was an option😬
I dislike when equestrian accounts post things that aren’t to do with horses, I only follow to see horse content😂 not sure if others find that annoying or just me 🤷‍♀️
I kind of agree with you on this one. I say kind of because I'm all for talking about current things going on in the world should you have an actual interest in it, HOWEVER - it's the generic posts that scream of uneducation on the subject that bother me. The posting about a certain thing or a certain day because everyone else is doing it and you just don't want to seen as being the one that isn't talking about it..... Those ones you know. Pretty much the majority of the horsey accounts. Stick to what you know (or pretend you know, for some 😜)

Reactions: 4
Went onto Instagram today and saw ruthirisheq asking what to post tonight- didn’t like that ‘comment on current world crisis’ was an option😬
I dislike when equestrian accounts post things that aren’t to do with horses, I only follow to see horse content😂 not sure if others find that annoying or just me 🤷‍♀️
I don’t know, for me anyone using their influencer platform to post awareness about world crises is a good thing. We don’t need ill-informed comments but I think awareness-raising (ie sharing resources, ways to help, etc) is a good thing.

I personally think it’s weird she put it as an option on a poll… if she genuinely felt strongly she would upload off her own intuition. If she doesn’t feel strongly about it then don’t post. It feels fake.

Reactions: 6
Riding With Charlotte having yet more problems. This time with her saddle. Not sure if it was just me but it really annoyed me that she didn’t just say her saddle was a monoflap and her mum’s is a normal saddle. Idk why it took her so many stories to explain. Perhaps the ill fitting saddle is the reason Vossi is uncomfortable when jumping??
It seems she has problems with all of her saddles. That saddle doesn't really fit her too well as it puts her massively into a chair seat and she ends up on the back of it even though it's still much better than the last one she had, I can't remember the brand. She'd be better off finding a dual flap saddle that's made for people with her proportions. I think that's where she's going wrong as there are certain types of leg length in the thigh and her saddles so far don't seem to account for the length of hers. I'm no saddle fitter but that's what I've picked up.
Equally if it's not the right fit for Vossi it could certainly explain his behaviour.

Reactions: 2
It seems she has problems with all of her saddles. That saddle doesn't really fit her too well as it puts her massively into a chair seat and she ends up on the back of it even though it's still much better than the last one she had, I can't remember the brand. She'd be better off finding a dual flap saddle that's made for people with her proportions. I think that's where she's going wrong as there are certain types of leg length in the thigh and her saddles so far don't seem to account for the length of hers. I'm no saddle fitter but that's what I've picked up.
Equally if it's not the right fit for Vossi it could certainly explain his behaviour.
Depending on how much she has to spend a monoflap could be made to measure for both her and the horse. I would’t go back to a duel flap saddle now as I much prefer the close contact of a monoflap.

Reactions: 1
I think she’s thinking of a dual flap because Vossi apparently prefers the longer girth? Not sure how accurate that is.

How many saddles has she had? Maybe I’m getting her mixed up with someone else but I’m sure it was her that bought a super expensive saddle a couple of years ago just because it was a specific brand and no saddle fitter came near the horse.

I’m going to throw this out and be prepared to take the flack for it - when I see people constantly being gifted stuff and every story is a #gifted #ad #ba and so on it actively makes me avoid when they are promoting.
Today for me it’s RTG and Equiboodle, I like equiboodle but it’s expensive, but everyone seems to just get given it!
Premier performance supplements are another one, too many people pushing them, being given them etc.
100% agree with this. I know influencers need to make money but they 100% promote their gifted stuff and say yes to any paid ads too. It turns me right off a product but recently there were some feed products being thrown at them and they all promoted them but weren’t feeding their own horses because they later showed the bags still unopened or were still feeding hay.

Last edited:
Don’t know if they fit into the influencer bracket but Daybyday Vlogs are really getting on my nerves at the minute.

I don’t understand they feel the need to just seemingly keep collecting horses, not to mention other animals. While horses don’t need a ‘job’ as such and many would be happy to just to be field ornaments, I sincerely hope they sell Finn. He strikes me as a horse who needs something mentally to keep him happy. And he won’t get that if they take him home and just chuck him out with Penny and the ponies.

They are a family who appear to me to have all the gear but no idea.

She had the made to measure Antares or however you spell it when she first bought vossi. She has problem after problem, it’s either bad luck, money to burn, getting information from the wrong professionals or has no idea.
To be fair, I think there’s a lot of saddle fitters who have no idea…

Agree on Ruth. She’s just like oh I haven’t posted in a while what will I post. She’s the fakest ‘equestrian’ lol if you’d even call her that. She has no direction and does these polls for what people would like to see yet the posts are just a few sentences of shite with horrendous grammar. Then she just reposts ALL of her own posts that no one cares about and it just makes me feel sorry for her horses again.

agree with Day by Dayvlogs. The footing in their riding arena is so concerning that you can hear the thump when the land from poles or jumps. No wonder the horses are all so lame. It’s such uncomfortable viewing. There’s so much welfare issues when you see their horses ridden while lame.

I would love Country Grandeur to buy a horse and share again. There was something I loved so much about following her journey because she made me appreciate the little things in my own journey and she romanticised this lifestyle so much which just made me feel like I was living in her fantasy. I think cos she gets so much tit, she’ll be reluctant to share but I hope she does share as I’d love to follow a new journey. Don’t we all have horse issues?

anyone follow Kate from Bumble Cottage? I love following her

Reactions: 3
I would love Country Grandeur to buy a horse and share again. There was something I loved so much about following her journey because she made me appreciate the little things in my own journey and she romanticised this lifestyle so much which just made me feel like I was living in her fantasy. I think cos she gets so much tit, she’ll be reluctant to share but I hope she does share as I’d love to follow a new journey. Don’t we all have horse issues?
definitely NOT 🤯 any horse that ends up in her care either dies, ends up with some sort of injury or behavioural problem, sold off to another home, or just disappears never to be seen or heard from again. Kate does not need any encouragement to buy another horse. She bought a Shetland recently and I think that is the peak of her abilities. Yes, she did romanticise her lifestyle, and That’s because she lived in dreamland. She doesn’t work, doesnt parent her boys (who are now teens/pre teen), gets an allowance from Max, spends her days dicking about with horses that are massively Above her skill level and not a whole lot else. So unless you are in this same position and can be a lady of leisure and constantly go to your hubby for handouts, this is NOT a realistic lifestyle 😠

Reactions: 8
Has country grandeur disappeared.
No, she changed her name to An Artist Stories, so that people couldn’t find her under her old IG handle as it’s associated with all her dodgy behaviour and poor treatment of animals. She’s trying to branch out as an artist now as Max won’t give her handouts and an allowance anymore so she needs to make some money of her own

Reactions: 4
Anyone know who the famous rider is that made a comment about Olivia Towers? She’s talking about how sad she is etc etc on her stories just now.

Reactions: 1
Anyone know who the famous rider is that made a comment about Olivia Towers? She’s talking about how sad she is etc etc on her stories just now.
I was wondering the same. Olivia is such a self entitled spoiled brat. What’s the new training method ? There’s Always an excuse for why she doesn’t do well.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Has country grandeur and her husband actually split then? 😳
No they haven't split up. He's just sick of giving her pocket money and put the foot down and said she needed to earn her own money. Her boys are both up in age so she has no excuse not to be working. She's spent the past number of years dicking about playing unicorns and being a lady of leisure while Max footed the bills for everything

Reactions: 5
I was wondering the same. Olivia is such a self entitled spoiled brat. What’s the new training method ? There’s Always an excuse for why she doesn’t do well.
Not sure why she is so bothered about what one person has said. Unless they are her instructor then there opinion doesn’t matter. Both horse and rider are green at GP level so to expect to do really well is just stupid. There’s bound to be bits in the test that arn't perfect and she should be talking to the person that is payed to teach her about the bad bits not listening to other competitors.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.