Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of their ads states - previous amateur owner thinks she’s better suited to dressage than eventing, but our 12 year old girl is a kick on and go rider.

Thought that was a bit harsh as Emily doesn’t come across nervous at all.
It’s a bit ridiculous because the 12yo girl hasn’t taken her to any events or put her in the situations that used to cause issues. Emily always did a fantastic job with Lola. There’s just no way they can have legitimately made the judgment they are claiming in such a short space of time (judging by their Facebook they’ve only had her a few weeks). I think it’s a line because they knew it would attract attention from Emily’s followers. I don’t know the dealer so this is all assumptions but the whole ad doesn’t really sit that well with me tbh

Reactions: 8
Found Scarlett Martin's latest video of her lesson with her mum really interesting - you can tell there's definitely been disagreements between them about her riding in the past, at the start I feel she's really biting her tongue 😂 If that was my mum I'd want lessons with her every time I rode! She's very lucky to have her! I like her no nonsense style and the way she's always talking and pointing out little corrections for her, and the way she is firm but also never asks anything harshly from the horse. Does anyone know who her mum is/ what her background is? 🤔

Reactions: 3
It’s a bit ridiculous because the 12yo girl hasn’t taken her to any events or put her in the situations that used to cause issues. Emily always did a fantastic job with Lola. There’s just no way they can have legitimately made the judgment they are claiming in such a short space of time (judging by their Facebook they’ve only had her a few weeks). I think it’s a line because they knew it would attract attention from Emily’s followers. I don’t know the dealer so this is all assumptions but the whole ad doesn’t really sit that well with me tbh
This is how people end up with the wrong horse and how horses get passed around 👍 Emily who has had her for years on end, took her out to multiple places/events/shows as well as having lessons with a variety of amazing instructors clearly knows her better to say I think she would be better excelling in dressage over a dealer who has put a 12 year old on her and taken her round a course or two?!
Also I’m sure on her video when she did say she was selling Lola she didn’t ever say she couldn’t do eventing just that it didn’t seem to be her preference? (Need to rewatch the video tbh!)
Has Emily addressed it at all? I don’t follow her on instagram only YouTube.

Reactions: 1
This is how people end up with the wrong horse and how horses get passed around 👍 Emily who has had her for years on end, took her out to multiple places/events/shows as well as having lessons with a variety of amazing instructors clearly knows her better to say I think she would be better excelling in dressage over a dealer who has put a 12 year old on her and taken her round a course or two?!
Also I’m sure on her video when she did say she was selling Lola she didn’t ever say she couldn’t do eventing just that it didn’t seem to be her preference? (Need to rewatch the video tbh!)
Only thing on insta is 17th November and that she was happy to report that Lola had settled in, was much loved and was getting regular updates… unless I’ve missed something further up! Strange it’s gone from that to this

Reactions: 2
I haven't followed this situation but know of Emily. When I see a former eventer advertised as more suited to dressage I think its had a lameness type of issue and just can't take the battering eventing does to a horse..I nearly bought an extremely broken former international eventer to use myself as dressage only . it was over 30k and wouldn't of passed a vetting. not only that two vetting were postponed due to it being lame! I gave u on the purchase. Would of made a lovely dressage horse for the times it would of been sound but a lot of venters are very tense doing flat, it bores them.

I messaged Emily an hour after Lola’s ad had gone up on Facebook. Emily replied saying she was aware and hopes she finds the right home next. I’m not a fan of the seller constantly saying the 12 yo rider (who's only been riding for 2yrs) makes it easy. It’s almost implying that Emily wasn’t a good rider?

More and more of Riding with Charlotte doing ads for things she's literally never used nor shown interest in before.

Reactions: 5
More and more of Riding with Charlotte doing ads for things she's literally never used nor shown interest in before.
I’m still a bit confused as to why a brand who produce XC colours would sponsor a rider who has only been XC training twice 🤷‍♀️ it just shows how ridiculous and fake the whole influencer/brand sponsorship stuff is

Reactions: 12
I really liked Super XC and was planning on getting my next cross country colours for them for this season. But they seem to be sponsoring anyone and everyone recently. I’ve seen people with 1k followers promoting them, then there’s Charlotte who has been cross country twice and is in no way an eventer or even looks like she enjoys cross country. Then there’s Kick On With Kim and Pony Nuts promoting them too. It’s a bit of a shame really, as I like their virtual designer. But I think I am going to look elsewhere

Reactions: 4
I’m still a bit confused as to why a brand who produce XC colours would sponsor a rider who has only been XC training twice 🤷‍♀️ it just shows how ridiculous and fake the whole influencer/brand sponsorship stuff is
Agreed.
watching charlottes videos now is a tad painful with the amount of brand deals etc. Also feel for her safety as her riding has gone to tit
you had to be able to ride to get sponsors now it’s anyone’s game. Puts me off the brands when they don’t even bother to find a rider that’s a good fit and just pick anyone. Super Xc you need to do better.

pony nuts is an eventer on easy well made horses. anything a little tricky she’s not that amazing. Money can buy you intermediate horses but it can’t buy you riding talent unfortunately. Unpopular opinion but true

Reactions: 7
I'd rather use Nags Rags at this point.. Maybe I'm showing my age there.

At least Pony Nuts IS an eventer
True, she is an eventer but Prince was ready made, Todd was ready made, Johnnie is ready made, even Bella was ready made before she broke. Johnny was the only one not really ready made and she took him to one event and then sold him. Don’t get me wrong, if I had the money I’d buy something like Johnnie I think he is just lovely, but it’s definitely easier when they’re ready made.

Reactions: 4
I really liked Super XC and was planning on getting my next cross country colours for them for this season. But they seem to be sponsoring anyone and everyone recently. I’ve seen people with 1k followers promoting them, then there’s Charlotte who has been cross country twice and is in no way an eventer or even looks like she enjoys cross country. Then there’s Kick On With Kim and Pony Nuts promoting them too. It’s a bit of a shame really, as I like their virtual designer. But I think I am going to look elsewhere
I used to really like them too, but their insta has turned so spammy! I can’t stand brands that spam me constantly with irrelevant posts and stories that I don’t care about 😅

Doesn't sit well with me either, definitely a jibe at Emily.

Must be heartbreaking for Emily too, to have sold Lola to a forever home and then she pops up on a dealers yard in the (tit hole) that is Bridgwater

Think if I was Emily I'd be buying her back

Doesn't sit well with me either, definitely a jibe at Emily.

Must be heartbreaking for Emily too, to have sold Lola to a forever home and then she pops up on a dealers yard in the (tit hole) that is Bridgwater

Think if I was Emily I'd be buying her back
Sadly I don’t think it is that easy for Emily to do. They want a fair amount of money and what would she do with her? I’m sure Em wants her to have a job and not just chill in the field. Sadly is what can happen when you sell a horse, hence why mine is living his days out with me ☹

The whole Lola situation is heartbreaking because Emily loves her so much and I reckon she would buy her back if she had the time, money and space but she only has 2 stables and £12.5k is a lot as she probably used the majority she got from selling her to buy Addie. And I don’t think she has time to ride 3 - I think she struggles to ride 2 sometimes and she’s grateful that Sprite is so good and can be not ridden for a few days. I’m planning on selling mine next year but this is making me very reluctant to do so.

No horse is guaranteed a home for life when you sell them. Peoples circumstances change and unfortunately horses can be a casualty of it. Its madness to think Emily would buy her back.

Reactions: 12
The horse world is funny when it comes to this sort of thing. You see so many posts online asking for names of people who now own horses. It’s like data protection doesn’t apply.

Reactions: 6
What are people’s thoughts about Riding With Charlotte’s latest post about how her xc went?
I get that she had a confidence knock so didn’t jump much but the video was 90% her talking or getting ready and 10% actual footage of her jumping XC fences. Even then it was mostly her just cantering through the water jump. Surely she must have jumped quite a few fences before trying that coffin combination? (Which is quite a technical ask really). I get everyone has to start somewhere but having clicked on the video hoping for arena XC content I almost felt like it was click bait!!

I get that she had a confidence knock so didn’t jump much but the video was 90% her talking or getting ready and 10% actual footage of her jumping XC fences. Even then it was mostly her just cantering through the water jump. Surely she must have jumped quite a few fences before trying that coffin combination? (Which is quite a technical ask really). I get everyone has to start somewhere but having clicked on the video hoping for arena XC content I almost felt like it was click bait!!
I agree. I skipped so much of the video because I didn’t want to hear her waffling on, I just wanted arena xc footage. And what did we get? About 5 jumps and one fall. It was all “for content”. It felt like wasted content though! I wish she’d done a little less chatting and shown us more of her jumping. But then again, that might be painful to watch as she fires him into jumps. I’m just glad she’s not decided to be an eventer with Vossi as that could end so badly

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.