Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

plutostars

not sure how much I buy how much you are saying about Ashley with the way she’s act on her vlogs, does not seem arrogant at all. I also have a mutual friend who knows her and I know she wouldn’t have anything to do with her if she was actually like what you are saying. What have you heard about what she is like to work with? Again I ride in the same area as Ashley and have never heard a bad word.
Like anyone i’m sure there are going to be people who like her and people who don’t. Just giving my opinion based off meeting her and things people I know have said about her, you don’t have to agree

Reactions: 1

Fendrel

Chatty Member
Is there any small accounts you guys really like? I love seeing people who might not have amazing facilities or the most expensive horses but they are doing a cracking job and getting results!
I like Stuart Eventing. They are a down to earth sister team. Bit young but they are nice little riders and seem like good people. Not in love with themselves like the Megan and Tanya- is that her name? The one who shouts at the camera and has a lonely brain cell. Unbearable.

Yupitsme!!

Glad I found this thread.

I know that Chelsea/Harlow/Harlen have their own thread but where on earth is the money coming from?! So shocked when they bought a smaller pony for the shetland GN and boisterous Harlen... surely give him riding lessons, get him a sharer/loan pony when he has proved himself a bit, then lead rein on popcorn like someone mentioned above? Buy a bigger pony for Harlow and her mum to share for when she gets older, and then Harlen can have popcorn in a few years?! But maybe my perspective is wrong because I don't have money to throw around.

Regarding riding with Charlotte, I just don't get her and have always wondered why everything seems to be such a drama. It makes sense that the relationship ended though.

Any thoughts on lilpetchannel?
If shes paying hmrc taxes owed then it doesnt matter. As long as she isnt delving into her kids money they earned from social media and she earned through honest means then its not our concern. But i suspect the mother lives a walter mitty lifestyle like most of the influencers, though she lives hers through her daughter. All hot air, no brains and no redeemably qualities to get a proper job.

jnh24

yeah I got frustrated when she did an Ad for two items claiming she always lives in them but I’d literally never seen her wear them before 😂 it’s absolutely fine to advertise something, I get that’s how the world works, but don’t claim something that’s just plain false. There are many ways to advertise a new product you’re trying out without lying.
Andddddd gifted another coat from another company never mentioned before 🙄🥱

curtainsonthewall

Chatty Member
Stop it omg that’s terrible. And so not ok. My older boy is 26 and still happily pottering at home that I’m eternally greatful for I bought him super cheap and I trained him up to elementary working medium at home. He is my proudest achievement and together with our trainer I trained my boy and to be honest he taught me. I knew nothing before I got him ❤

im so sorry you had that experience that’s so rude but good on you for getting another lesson with someone who knows how to work through. It just shows cos youcan ride gp doesn’t mean you can teach it.

the way you’ve worded the pumpkin situation is to perfection.
Yes exactly this ! Be careful though you will get people jumping on because her dad died and she’s a poor rich girl with an Olympic horse that’s ready made . People seem to think it’s a right of passage because she’s rich and experienced grief .
She’s got a ready made horse , if she didn’t win at a lower level I would be wondering what went wrong or maybe the judges might not be clouded by Charlotte pupil and judge the Relationship between horse and rider.
If pumpkin doesn’t win for her , she will just get another horse lol imagine someone like Annabelle producing her own horse .....never gonna happen mind .

I just think people who work hard to produce their own horses alongside getting a ride on top horses , should get more praise . I had a lesson with a Grand Prix dressage rider last week, was so excited for it. My horse is very feisty but when you have their attention they are amazing , when not they can explode . The rider got on mine after telling me “to boot the horse forward” because she had a sassy moment , she’s already very forward and has implosion, she got on lasted half a 20m circle went pale and wanted to get off . She said the horse was needing to be shot and was no good . Slated my horse , rather than admitting the horse was too much and not push button for her .

had a flat work lesson yday with someone who works at a dressage yard , fabulous rider but doesn’t have the funds to compete at a higher level , my horse had their moment and we worked through it and never felt better . I wish we could give riders like that the glory rather thanriders on ready made horses .
Rant over lol

• Heart
I wish Rhi would wear a helmet doing rehab with an obviously quite excitable horse. Have seen far too many times people being punted with a hoof during rehab with a horse on box rest/small paddock rest.
Did she put the bridle on today? Or hasn’t she put any stories on about it. He certainly needed it yesterday.

Chicarica

I can imagine the other owners at Harlow's expensive yard are delighted to now have 2 squealing kids and a badly behaved Shetland...

Harlen is too young and has no interest in actually learning to ride.

Jesus this morning ... well known influencers

“ don’t you just hate all the ads at the moment, all ads no horse content”

next story

“ check this out, here’s my code for 10% off”
😂 fuck sake is it just other peoples ads your pissed with then ??

rant over

riding with Charlotte can’t stand ..... the woman never blinks;
suspect to me 🤔

human or Android??
was this Jess?

hosslife

You know that if certain mouth pieces are upside down they can cause pinching/pain no matter what cheek pieces the bit has right??

ETA I had a ported barrel universal in my horse. Imagine that upside down
Badly fitting bits in general cause pain, you goose. That wasn’t your issue it was that the side pieces were upside down which on a universal can be either way hence the name.
I doubt anyone would put a ported barrel upside down 😂 likelyhood is that the ones you see have a mouthpiece that can be used either way.

Controversial point again on bits ….. people go for a stronger bit before ever sorting out the schooling issues first.

It seems like just over a week ago she first got back in and now she is jumping 🤦🏻‍♀️. Just because they are field kept doesn’t mean they are fit enough to be cantering and jumping yet.
Not like she is doing a 1.40 course though is it. She popped a small fence in her field. 🙄

Nixxs

VIP Member
Was he actually making contact with the horse or was he trying to make it go forward by making sound? whooshing or whatever. I've not seen the video close by and with sound hence asking

plutostars

Some people do not have the time, money and space to rehab or retire horses and if their career is their horses, money is a huge factor. A 5 year old horse taking up a stable of field for another 15 years? That’s a lot of money.
I know that sounds heartless of me but I’m just looking at it realistically. Unless you have a lot of money or a lot of land, it’s a decision that you have to make. It’s different if you have had a horse for a very long time and it’s ‘earnt it’s keep’, so to speak.
As I said, I know it sounds heartless of me but as said above, if more people were to do this instead of passing them around then we wouldn’t have so many broken horses being shipped from dealer to dealer and buted up to their eyeballs until an unsuspecting buyer comes along.
Judging by how many horses they have and their ability and level… they definitely can afford to. They produce showjumpers of a decent level at their home yard, they’re not just someone on livery who can’t afford to keep the horse. It’s very clear the horse was no longer going to jump top tracks so they discarded it like most of these wealthy showjumpers do

jnh24

Please don’t drag it out over 6 months so every wannabe influencer fills their stories endlessly with gushing about how amazing the bedding is they weren’t even using and had heard off last week.
😂😂😂 true though, that’s why they deleted it

Nettlebelle2

I love keepitcountry, she’s just brilliant. Fun fact, her horse Beag was sold to MoChapallBeag. Seems like Ireland is a small world. From her accent beag is pronounced Bee-ug and she explained it means small in Irish but he’s actually 17hh or something so it’s an ironic meaning which I love.

does anyone follow Georgia Hannay? Love following her.
I can’t believe riding with Charlotte did that with equidry. Such bad form. Also does riding with Rhi think she’s the only person who has a full time job, she’s so unbearable.

Does anyone follow no horse Han? She’s friends with meg. Thoughts?Fair play for getting a youngster but wouldn’t her life be easier with a ready made horse. It’s such a journey but excited to follow
Same! Love KIC. She’s funny, down to earth and there’s no fakeness. Her little boys are adorable, the youngest boy cracks me up! I actually never made the connection between KIC and Beags new owner, it’s obvious now but I only started following Kate last summer so don’t remember much about him. I like Mochapallbeag too. She’s not as active, not sure if she’s really going the influencer route or if she just posts like us all but she does talk on her stories and seems to be in that Irish equestrian influencer circle. She’s funny too, completely random stuff and I like that she’s straight up honest about her nerves. She’s a lot older than the other influencers I think and works a lot so she doesn’t post for days at a time. I enjoy following her journey with Beag, she’s a novice rider so has a ways to go yet but it will be interesting to see what she does with him. He’s a beautiful horse!