Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is probably a really stupid thing to be annoyed about, but the amount of “influencers” who have their bit upside down or “inside out”. It’s usually universal bits but I’ve seen it at least 4 times recently from different people. The latest was Wimpy Eventer.

Reactions: 8
not sure how much I buy how much you are saying about Ashley with the way she’s act on her vlogs, does not seem arrogant at all. I also have a mutual friend who knows her and I know she wouldn’t have anything to do with her if she was actually like what you are saying. What have you heard about what she is like to work with? Again I ride in the same area as Ashley and have never heard a bad word.
Like anyone i’m sure there are going to be people who like her and people who don’t. Just giving my opinion based off meeting her and things people I know have said about her, you don’t have to agree

Reactions: 1
One of my favourite accounts to follow who is by no means an equestrian influencer but a bloody olympian! Laura Collett. There is absolutely no denying how much of a fantastic rider she is! I love watching her videos, always shows the "bad bits" that a lot wouldn't show and turns it into something rather refreshing.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
This is probably a really stupid thing to be annoyed about, but the amount of “influencers” who have their bit upside down or “inside out”. It’s usually universal bits but I’ve seen it at least 4 times recently from different people. The latest was Wimpy Eventer.
Not followed her instgram for ages but have seen a few FB updates, so just had a nosey on her instagram to see the bit. But I’m more astounded by her jumping whatever horse it is so soon after bringing it back into work. Unless it’s Pea and she has been regularly ridden by the girl who had her on loan then surely you wouldn’t be jumping or even catering for a good few weeks as the horse wouldn’t have the muscle tone or fitness to be doing so much.

Reactions: 3
Not followed her instgram for ages but have seen a few FB updates, so just had a nosey on her instagram to see the bit. But I’m more astounded by her jumping whatever horse it is so soon after bringing it back into work. Unless it’s Pea and she has been regularly ridden by the girl who had her on loan then surely you wouldn’t be jumping or even catering for a good few weeks as the horse wouldn’t have the muscle tone or fitness to be doing so much.
It was Pea she was jumping so hopefully that girl has been keeping her ticking over. I agree - cannot stand it when people rush bringing their horse into work. You’re just asking for injuries.

Reactions: 4
You know why they are called universal bits right??

You know why they are called universal bits right??
You know that if certain mouth pieces are upside down they can cause pinching/pain no matter what cheek pieces the bit has right??

ETA I had a ported barrel universal in my horse. Imagine that upside down

It was Pea she was jumping so hopefully that girl has been keeping her ticking over. I agree - cannot stand it when people rush bringing their horse into work. You’re just asking for injuries.
It seems like just over a week ago she first got back in and now she is jumping 🤦🏻‍♀️. Just because they are field kept doesn’t mean they are fit enough to be cantering and jumping yet.

You know that if certain mouth pieces are upside down they can cause pinching/pain no matter what cheek pieces the bit has right??

ETA I had a ported barrel universal in my horse. Imagine that upside down
Badly fitting bits in general cause pain, you goose. That wasn’t your issue it was that the side pieces were upside down which on a universal can be either way hence the name.
I doubt anyone would put a ported barrel upside down 😂 likelyhood is that the ones you see have a mouthpiece that can be used either way.

Controversial point again on bits ….. people go for a stronger bit before ever sorting out the schooling issues first.

It seems like just over a week ago she first got back in and now she is jumping 🤦🏻‍♀️. Just because they are field kept doesn’t mean they are fit enough to be cantering and jumping yet.
Not like she is doing a 1.40 course though is it. She popped a small fence in her field. 🙄

Badly fitting bits in general cause pain, you goose. That wasn’t your issue it was that the side pieces were upside down which on a universal can be either way hence the name.
I doubt anyone would put a ported barrel upside down 😂 likelyhood is that the ones you see have a mouthpiece that can be used either way.

Controversial point again on bits ….. people go for a stronger bit before ever sorting out the schooling issues first.
You would be surprised but go off. Turtle top universals can only be used one way but by your comment it doesn’t matter as universals can go either way. lol people put french links/lozenges upside down all the time. If you take 2 seconds to google, you will see that universals have correct way up

• Haha
So now Rhi wants to get an animal psychic for woody? 😂.

Here, Rhi, I'll tell you something for nothing:

You were sold a lemon. A lemon who's constantly lame.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
you guys seen Meg's pics in those riding outfits on her story? she's gorgeous, but girl what are those poses about

LOTLR smashing the Y food promo’s again.
I get it but why can’t we just stick to Equesterian items.
mid I was too nervous to eat, there is absolutely no way I’d get a milky drink down me before a competition!

LOTLR smashing the Y food promo’s again.
I get it but why can’t we just stick to Equesterian items.
mid I was too nervous to eat, there is absolutely no way I’d get a milky drink down me before a competition!
I always think this, for me a thick sweet yoghurty milky drink would just come straight back up the morning before an event looking the same as it did when it went down 🤣

• Haha
I always think this, for me a thick sweet yoghurty milky drink would just come straight back up the morning before an event looking the same as it did when it went down 🤣

Totally agree, sounds like the worst thing, I'm a tea and dry toast woman! I'll have my chip van grub after I compete thank you 😁

Reactions: 7

Not like she is doing a 1.40 course though is it. She popped a small fence in her field. 🙄
This. Opting for a stronger bit before exhausting all avenues. I have a SERIOUS gripe with this. I see so many switching to stronger bits, on my old yard it was the answer to everything. Start off with strongest and work your way down seems to be the motto 🙄
Mochapallbeag is a total beginner, hasn’t a clue but when her Cob started bolting she kept the original rubber bit she started with and never changed it. I was expecting to see her change to a 3 ring or something but no, she talked a lot about the work she put in to address all the problems but she was just in way over her head and admitted that. to the last she did her best for that horse, proper horsemanship from a complete novice, a lot of the influencers could learn from her. And not one ad either, she was roasting LeMieux recently 🤣

Totally agree, sounds like the worst thing, I'm a tea and dry toast woman! I'll have my chip van grub after I compete thank you 😁
Coffee for me. I can’t eat anything before a show. I’m always sick with the nerves 😭

Tina is really pushing this Y food crap. Her stories are just one big ad. Who cares what you eat or drink before a show. I’ll stick to my water and coffee 🤢

Also, it’s a meal replacement. Ugh. I have so many opinions on this one I actually don’t know where to start 💀

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Spending on Max’s credit card yet again 🙄
Kate (CUNTree Grandeur/An artist stories) spend spend spend
hows the hunt for a real full time job going Kate?!
D3478625-1299-4298-8FB6-5D52CF875D6E.jpeg

Reactions: 3
There’s an account on this thread who is a wannabe influencer and keeps complimenting herself and her page on her posts. I’ve figured out who she is and it’s so cringe

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.