Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No

No one has called RTG a bleep because she doesn’t come across as one, she seems a lovely girl who loves her horse. Jess isn’t a bleep either some may think she is a wish influencer but she most certainly doesn’t come across as a bleep on her social media. Possibly a bit a of a loud mouth but theres nothing wrong with that.
no I agree, neither of them are. I just meant that you can discuss your thoughts without resorting to name calling. Sorry, I don’t think I put that across very well.

Reactions: 3
Can we not body shame for the sake of body shaming . Eating disorders are scarily common in the horse world and a lot of people feel awful about how they look sat on a horse in photos etc ...can we not turn this into a body shaming thread please .

I’ve had an eating disorder ( I still have that voice in my head but know how to silence it now ) and hearing others slag off someone because of their weight is so sly . Slag their self entitlement off and constant ads . Oh and their constant new horses when one isn’t suitable anymore ....but never their body type .

I like Nohorsehan - she shows the realistic side of having a youngster but I do question if she’s overhorsed herself. Her old horse was very chilled and she’s ridden Meg’s but only really hacking? And Affie seems like a bit of a handful
I like that she's so honest and I really gel with her stories and such. I think if she sent Affie to Meg for some schooling and then had some lessons with Meg on how to ride Affie she'd be away. I don't think she's particularly doing anything wrong at the moment so this isn't meant as a dig at her, just that I believe knowing how good Meg is with the quirky ones, and even had Han jumping Bear (who I wouldn't even dare sit on due to my nerves) I think they have the potential to team up and have success with Han and Affie. I'm really rooting for them.

As for this with Jess, I'm so pleased for her having joined the jumping group on her hunt ride yesterday, that takes some balls even if you haven't had a confidence issue. She should be SO proud of herself and SO proud of how she's handled that awful comment. It's one thing discussing influencers (and holding some accountable for less than ethical actions and practices) but body shaming and making horrid comments just to upset people is wrong.

I’m thoroughly enjoying Lucy Robinson’s journey with Ember!

What’s anyone’s thoughts on Olivia Bowen? I find her so touchy like you’re forbidden from saying anything to her, as if she’s the first celeb to ride or own a horse. I find her so complacent sometimes too like all for camera.

Also, has Harlow and Chelsea become null in their content and got this shetland for the Shetland Grand National just for content purposes?

Also I must add, I do love following Olivia’s friend Alice! She seems so normal and down to earth and not showy, smug or complacent at all, just doing her best to get herself and Alvano go where they want to be

• Heart
I like that she's so honest and I really gel with her stories and such. I think if she sent Affie to Meg for some schooling and then had some lessons with Meg on how to ride Affie she'd be away. I don't think she's particularly doing anything wrong at the moment so this isn't meant as a dig at her, just that I believe knowing how good Meg is with the quirky ones, and even had Han jumping Bear (who I wouldn't even dare sit on due to my nerves) I think they have the potential to team up and have success with Han and Affie. I'm really rooting for them.

As for this with Jess, I'm so pleased for her having joined the jumping group on her hunt ride yesterday, that takes some balls even if you haven't had a confidence issue. She should be SO proud of herself and SO proud of how she's handled that awful comment. It's one thing discussing influencers (and holding some accountable for less than ethical actions and practices) but body shaming and making horrid comments just to upset people is wrong.
I think it’s a time thing for Meg and Han. Meg has enough of her own horses to keep fit and in work along with any brand content and filming she needs to do!

I’m thoroughly enjoying Lucy Robinson’s journey with Ember!

What’s anyone’s thoughts on Olivia Bowen? I find her so touchy like you’re forbidden from saying anything to her, as if she’s the first celeb to ride or own a horse. I find her so complacent sometimes too like all for camera.

Also, has Harlow and Chelsea become null in their content and got this shetland for the Shetland Grand National just for content purposes?

Also I must add, I do love following Olivia’s friend Alice! She seems so normal and down to earth and not showy, smug or complacent at all, just doing her best to get herself and Alvano go where they want to be
Love Lucy. Love the fact she has done what she wanted and got another horse and love the progress they’re making

Why is Jess called the Wish influencer? is it a “cheap” reference or something?
Yes it was on the previous thread.

I think there was a time when she was pretty intense with the reel making and product pushing so I unfollowed, but she seems like she’s far more relatable again now so re-followed. We all have confidence issues and it’s nice to see someone pushing through them.

Reactions: 6
Really love Lucy’s content and her and Ember just click don’t they?

where has Han been on Megan’s vlogs? Or is she working elsewhere now? I really like them both but haven’t really followed them properly recently. I got bored of equestrians over winter but maybe I will get back into it again.

Reactions: 2
Does anyone follow Anthony Tigers, Tatiana Mountbatten, Claudia Equitation, Toni Terry? Love when they got together hacking around the gallops of their posh yard. The yard they’re on is Annabella Pidgley’s and Tatiana and Toni got lessons off Charlotte Dujardin

Also, anyone know what Verena of Girl About the Yard works at? I’d love to know but also don’t want to ask her in case she finds it offensive. I like her and I’d love to be her. Caring for her herd, baking, cleaning, taking it easy, enjoying life! I know it’s only a snippet we see and she could totally have a full time job that she so carefully doesn’t ever mention but does anyone know if she does? I would love to fund a nice lifestyle eek

Ember is honestly such a lovely little horse, reckon Lucy will go far with him 😍

Olivia Bowen, don’t really like her as a person but can’t deny her riding has come along really well since she started and she should be proud.

Why is Jess called the Wish influencer? is it a “cheap” reference or something?
This was my comments. My point was I just felt her page had a bargain feel, like if you ordered an influencer from wish and not for me.
Calling her a fat bleep is way too far too far

uncalled for and just plain nasty. Wrong on all levels

Just wondering after watching some videos of people having lessons with eventers, do they actually have training to instruct? Or do they just teach from their own merits from being successful. It must be a good side hustle for them but can’t imagine people like Charlotte D actually doing all the courses/exams?? (May be wrong)

Reactions: 1
Just wondering after watching some videos of people having lessons with eventers, do they actually have training to instruct? Or do they just teach from their own merits from being successful. It must be a good side hustle for them but can’t imagine people like Charlotte D actually doing all the courses/exams?? (May be wrong)
probably not, but for me experience outweighs all exams and qualifications in the horse world. I know instructors who scrapped through passing exams but have no experience and they’re not good.

Reactions: 6
probably not, but for me experience outweighs all exams and qualifications in the horse world. I know instructors who scrapped through passing exams but have no experience and they’re not good.
Yes and also think of how much training and lessons they have had themselves getting to where they are!! That was something I noticed from Megs videos with Lucinda, I’m not sure she has regular lessons as she mentioned in the end that it’s hard schooling on your own without support and how helpful she’s found the camp. I’m surprised she’s not having regular lessons! Whatever level you are having lessons is vital and it explains why she may have had a dip in confidence (I know we don’t all have the money for constant lessons, I wish I could have weekly lessons but have one about every 4/6 weeks)

Oh totally, Olivia is a beautiful rider, I’m jealous of her seat. But she’s just so smug about it and you’re not allowed to say anything to her without Olivia getting the hump and getting offended so easily

Oh totally, Olivia is a beautiful rider, I’m jealous of her seat. But she’s just so smug about it and you’re not allowed to say anything to her without Olivia getting the hump and getting offended so easily
100% that’s why I don’t like her as a person 🤣 I don’t follow her anymore because she just made me feel jealous of how easy she seems to have it all.

I agree - I think Han would benefit so much from utilising Meg. Saying that, she has done so well with her already. She even said in her stories yesterday that she wasn’t expecting Affie to be quite so quirky and feels she has overhorsed herself. Babies are so difficult at the best of times (I bought a rising 5 year old 3 years ago and know how up and down having babies can be). She’s doing great, I just think she would’ve been better matched to a 6/7 year old. But I am also rooting for them!

I’m surprised she’s not having regular lessons!
I was surprised at this too tbh! She could get a lot of content out of lesson videos and doing that would probably pay for the lessons themselves- However I bet for Meg it's a time thing which I understand as the extent of vlogging, social media and running several horses including one building up to badminton is a lot on her plate. The surprise is more that how well she rides and manages to problem solve herself (for the most part, she's only human!) that she's able to do despite having so little lesson opportunities. I do have a lot of respect for her in that way

I agree - I think Han would benefit so much from utilising Meg. Saying that, she has done so well with her already. She even said in her stories yesterday that she wasn’t expecting Affie to be quite so quirky and feels she has overhorsed herself. Babies are so difficult at the best of times (I bought a rising 5 year old 3 years ago and know how up and down having babies can be). She’s doing great, I just think she would’ve been better matched to a 6/7 year old. But I am also rooting for them!
Yes I fully agree, it's good that she's aware she's overhorsed herself a touch as it can happen to all of us. Has happened to me! Knowing it is the first step to making progress and I think she's done a cracking job so far whilst being effectively on her own and she should be so proud of that

• Heart
As much as I didn't think (and still don't think) shetland racing was right for Harlow having not ridden for very long, and it was probably rather soon for Cloudy and her to be racing together because only one part of it is actually running, the rest is doing it and being able to stop safely. I'm really pleased for her that she won both the false start race, and then the actual race again having to do it over. Such a shame she took a tumble but those pony pad racing saddles certainly aren't the most secure. She was very very brave to get back on for her lap of honour. Turns out she'd fractured her wrist. I just hope this hasn't ruined her confidence!

As much as I didn't think (and still don't think) shetland racing was right for Harlow having not ridden for very long, and it was probably rather soon for Cloudy and her to be racing together because only one part of it is actually running, the rest is doing it and being able to stop safely. I'm really pleased for her that she won both the false start race, and then the actual race again having to do it over. Such a shame she took a tumble but those pony pad racing saddles certainly aren't the most secure. She was very very brave to get back on for her lap of honour. Turns out she'd fractured her wrist. I just hope this hasn't ruined her confidence!
This, the worst bit is her mother ‘rushing’ out the vlog to share it as fast she can. Feels very like rubber necking to watch that to me.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.