Equestrian Influencers #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just wondering after watching some videos of people having lessons with eventers, do they actually have training to instruct? Or do they just teach from their own merits from being successful. It must be a good side hustle for them but can’t imagine people like Charlotte D actually doing all the courses/exams?? (May be wrong)
Experience over exams anytime!

controversial but most instructors I have seen with exams and no experience competing are tit

Reactions: 8
This, the worst bit is her mother ‘rushing’ out the vlog to share it as fast she can. Feels very like rubber necking to watch that to me.
Yeah this is so uncomfortable filming in the hospital and everything as if the injury is going to get them more views

Reactions: 5
Experience over exams anytime!

controversial but most instructors I have seen with exams and no experience competing are tit
I’m qualified to teach but don’t as I can’t. But tbh I’m not if you still only need your pony club B test to be able to teach at their rallies/camps etc etc. So I would always go for someone who can teach me but hasn’t got any qualifications over someone who can’t with all the exams and qualifications.

Reactions: 2
I REALLY like Rasmine Laudrup and Catherine Dufour accounts. Both are clearly very talented.

Yes it was on the previous thread.

I think there was a time when she was pretty intense with the reel making and product pushing so I unfollowed, but she seems like she’s far more relatable again now so re-followed. We all have confidence issues and it’s nice to see someone pushing through them.
Oh I see, thank you. I’m new enough to her and I really like her content. I think she’s doing great.

Reactions: 1
My friend’s kids do Shetland racing to a high standard. Those ponies are bleeping mental, I’ll stick to my 16.3 ID thanks 😂

Ray the Goth astounds me, I've two kids and my weight gain had nothing to do with it, I'd never blame my kids for it! I'd only ever comment on a person's weight if it was harming the horse which I think it will in the end. Girl needs to get strict with herself, it's hard but she can do it.
I follow Jess and never once thought her heavy, nasty comments for the sake of being nasty....
Riding with Charlotte is a true case of all the gear no idea.

Accounts I love are emdeventing, Emily is so nice but I miss Lola, I'm hoping the youngster isn't too much for her I'd hate to see emily lose her confidence, muddy mayhem is downright hilarious, freyatheconnemara is really nice, I'm sad she's sick but she copes well, Ashley Harrison's vlogs are great and elphickeventponies, I just like her ponies and vlogs are a good watch!

Ray the Goth astounds me, I've two kids and my weight gain had nothing to do with it, I'd never blame my kids for it! I'd only ever comment on a person's weight if it was harming the horse which I think it will in the end. Girl needs to get strict with herself, it's hard but she can do it.
I follow Jess and never once thought her heavy, nasty comments for the sake of being nasty....

Accounts I love are emdeventing, Emily is so nice but I miss Lola, I'm hoping the youngster isn't too much for her I'd hate to see emily lose her confidence, muddy mayhem is downright hilarious, freyatheconnemara is really nice, I'm sad she's sick but she copes well, Ashley Harrison's vlogs are great and elphickeventponies, I just like her ponies and vlogs are a good watch!
Ashley Harrison is great, her YouTube videos remind me of how YouTube used to be before you were able to make money off of it, with all the ways they edit the videos and how relaxed the videos are. What a cracking rider aswell!

Reactions: 6
I'm shocked RTG has only just clocked on to her horse's ulcers. The poor thing has been unhappy for a very long time.

Reactions: 3
Ashley Harrison is great, her YouTube videos remind me of how YouTube used to be before you were able to make money off of it, with all the ways they edit the videos and how relaxed the videos are. What a cracking rider aswell!

I completely agree, she's gets on with it too I'm not into the twenty minutes of prep before a show. Just get on and go get the job done, the editing is brilliant too

Reactions: 4

Is she blaming the kid for her weight gain?

So did anyone else think that Peps certainly does have a heavy work load? Ulcers caused by carrying heavy weight maybe? I don’t want to be mean, like I haven’t a clue but that horse cannot carry her weight.

I remember when I doing my dissy research coming across an article (non-science but it posted on some University page if I remember correct) how the equine obesity could be correlated to the rise of the HAES/FA movement. And that people often saw obese or overweight horses as able to carry heavier people due to their size, without realizing that actually these horses tended to be weaker and less able to than a fit and healthy weight horse.

Reactions: 3
However I bet for Meg it's a time thing which I understand as the extent of vlogging, social media and running several horses including one building up to badminton is a lot on her plate.
If she calls it badMINGton one more time… and breathe

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Ohh she’s probably eating far more than she thinks, it’s so easy to pick at unhealthy snacks without realising it.
That's it exactly, I put on loads just eating my kids scraps 🙈 it was my self control not my kids that put the weight on! I'm hoping she gets on a good plan so she can have a healthy body and happy horse and family, not ragging on her as such just weightless can be done if you put your mind to it and I think she's stuck in a bubble of people saying it's ok. I think what she perceives as bullying is concern for her and her horse. There are nasty people of course but some are just looking out for her I think.

God I can’t stand Ashley. But I know a few people that have known her well personally and have met her myself. She’s incredibly rude and arrogant, has a habit of just talking talking talking at you and cutting you off. She also doesn’t sound like a good person to work for from what I’ve heard

That ‘4*’ event horse of Ashley’s Zeb is absolutely atrocious to watch and quite frankly concerning. For the longest time it looked like it didn’t have the scope or stamina for the heights she was eventing at, and then she said she was going to 4* I couldn’t believe it. Wasn’t surprised when they had a fall out XC. Not the first time it’s happened either. It’s barely scraping over those fences it’s evident she’s pushing him far beyond his limits, even after the fall. You’d think the horse’s welfare would come before your desire to compete higher levels…

Reactions: 1
God I can’t stand Ashley. But I know a few people that have known her well personally and have met her myself. She’s incredibly rude and arrogant, has a habit of just talking talking talking at you and cutting you off. She also doesn’t sound like a good person to work for from what I’ve heard

That ‘4*’ event horse of Ashley’s Zeb is absolutely atrocious to watch and quite frankly concerning. For the longest time it looked like it didn’t have the scope or stamina for the heights she was eventing at, and then she said she was going to 4* I couldn’t believe it. Wasn’t surprised when they had a fall out XC. Not the first time it’s happened either. It’s barely scraping over those fences it’s evident she’s pushing him far beyond his limits, even after the fall. You’d think the horse’s welfare would come before your desire to compete higher levels…
not sure how much I buy how much you are saying about Ashley with the way she’s act on her vlogs, does not seem arrogant at all. I also have a mutual friend who knows her and I know she wouldn’t have anything to do with her if she was actually like what you are saying. What have you heard about what she is like to work with? Again I ride in the same area as Ashley and have never heard a bad word.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.