Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
No horse is guaranteed a home for life when you sell them. Peoples circumstances change and unfortunately horses can be a casualty of it. Its madness to think Emily would buy her back.
I’m sure she would consider it if she had the means to but, when she already has two, a job to go to, a house to pay for, fuel prices rising stupid amounts and a wedding to plan and pay for it’s just not practical especially as she had her reasons for selling Lola in the first place and buying a horse that is fingers crossed much more suited to what Emily wants to do. All she can do is hope she goes to a suitable home.

Reactions: 6

littlelessbloom

and the “I hated being a livery!” Some of us don’t have a choice Charlotte🙄
Thing is, I love being on livery. I have found a great yard where everyone gets on (the majority of the time) and even if I won the lottery, I don’t think I’d move my boy. There are good liveries out there and she’s putting a bad name to livery yards. I don’t know, she’s just so tone deaf and spoilt, not living in the real world at all!

icedbuns

I would be surprised if influencers didn’t have a clause in their agreement re gifted products that allows them to sell them on or something! It just leaves a bad taste in the mouth and for me really reduces the legitimacy of their ‘ads’-if they gush about how something is the most amazing product ever and then we never see it again/it is given away/sold then I will be a bit more sceptical about the next ‘best thing ever’

jnh24

Just wondering after watching some videos of people having lessons with eventers, do they actually have training to instruct? Or do they just teach from their own merits from being successful. It must be a good side hustle for them but can’t imagine people like Charlotte D actually doing all the courses/exams?? (May be wrong)
probably not, but for me experience outweighs all exams and qualifications in the horse world. I know instructors who scrapped through passing exams but have no experience and they’re not good.

horsey1234

I understand why equidry coats may be useful for standing around at shows etc and shoving on over your competition kit, but riding in them they look like bin bags. I can’t stand flappy excess material when I’m riding (or mucking out etc) so I just don’t see how this ‘equestrian version’ is worth the extra price tag for the case of an extra zip … you may as well just get one of the many knock off versions for half the price.

Ray the Goth astounds me, I've two kids and my weight gain had nothing to do with it, I'd never blame my kids for it! I'd only ever comment on a person's weight if it was harming the horse which I think it will in the end. Girl needs to get strict with herself, it's hard but she can do it.
I follow Jess and never once thought her heavy, nasty comments for the sake of being nasty....
Riding with Charlotte is a true case of all the gear no idea.

Accounts I love are emdeventing, Emily is so nice but I miss Lola, I'm hoping the youngster isn't too much for her I'd hate to see emily lose her confidence, muddy mayhem is downright hilarious, freyatheconnemara is really nice, I'm sad she's sick but she copes well, Ashley Harrison's vlogs are great and elphickeventponies, I just like her ponies and vlogs are a good watch!
Ashley Harrison is great, her YouTube videos remind me of how YouTube used to be before you were able to make money off of it, with all the ways they edit the videos and how relaxed the videos are. What a cracking rider aswell!

Jenievous

Chatty Member
Sorry off topic but can anyone explain how giveaways work? I get that comments = entry and an online tool calculates the winner for them, but I don’t get how “share to story” works. Are the tools that pick winners able to monitor shares to story as well, or is it a lie just to get more engagement?
Charlotte's giveaway has share to stories for an extra entry.. So that's buuuulll

Does anyone else think Kizzy's Bug still looks rather lean to be coming back into work. If they work her the same as before she hasn't got much to lose before she's in the exact same position as before. I don't like them fat but I feel like there's not much on her to lose.

Last edited:

ReaRea

Chatty Member
I actually quite like Meg and massively disagree when people call her a brat or say her mum does everything for her. I think the fact she’s taken her time with Dora to allow her to mature is brilliant. She is certainly very good at producing ponies to sell on and the best rider of the four, Emily is second.

The one I have the most issue with is Lucy tbh. She just doesn’t come across as a very nice person. She seems incredibly stuck up and has been downright rude towards the other 3 in multiple vlogs.

Dollybird

VIP Member
That’s pretty much all she posts now and I haven’t seen her jump once, I know she was working towards dressage but that has fizzled out too, no mention of it. She did a lot more with the Cob she had so I agree, a Cob is always going to be a better choice for a nervous rider. I do still like her but she was better when it was all dog content and some horse stuff thrown in. I rarely see her dogs anymore which is actually why I followed in the first place 😂

Erin is very in your face though. Or bum in your face more like. It’s a bit much innit!
Agree about Erin trying to be sexual . Time and a place for that and it’s not around horses .
She has a lovely figure and very pretty but my god doesn’t she know it

dressagediva

Was he actually making contact with the horse or was he trying to make it go forward by making sound? whooshing or whatever. I've not seen the video close by and with sound hence asking

She does the water several times. The first few times, Mark uses it for noise only. The last time, he gets up close and whacks the horse repeatedly with it. Unacceptable.

There's a copy of the full video here: .

• Angry

horsey1234

Went onto Instagram today and saw ruthirisheq asking what to post tonight- didn’t like that ‘comment on current world crisis’ was an option😬
I dislike when equestrian accounts post things that aren’t to do with horses, I only follow to see horse content😂 not sure if others find that annoying or just me 🤷‍♀️
I don’t know, for me anyone using their influencer platform to post awareness about world crises is a good thing. We don’t need ill-informed comments but I think awareness-raising (ie sharing resources, ways to help, etc) is a good thing.

I personally think it’s weird she put it as an option on a poll… if she genuinely felt strongly she would upload off her own intuition. If she doesn’t feel strongly about it then don’t post. It feels fake.

hosslife

Would love to know who people love following and why?
And who they personally don’t like following and why?
My Quick run down
VE squad
Tina - just no too childlike and screechy
Lucy - decent with Justine and the new horses
Meg - to be fair big respect of making a career out of it and not bad to watch I actually like Hannah too
Emily - tad boring missed her vocation as an instructor
LOTB - honestly no beef 😂. Just gives me a bargain / cheaply feel. Don’t watch now unless it’s forced on my feed by a sponsor.
RTG - needs to loose weight and horse too. Tad cruel
Canterring- actually don’t mind her. Not the worst out there. Reason they have lots of followers. Been on the gram a while and do those gain group things
Miri Hackett love
Abi Lyle - love love
Teko diaries - very relatable good account
Pony nuts - spoilt brat talks down to people and shes about 17 I think
Girl about the yard is fab
Love wimpy eventer
MuddyMayhem love

loads of great accounts out there. Great when they Keep it relatable and don’t get up their own arses

lower number accounts more time for

horsey1234

Would love to know who people love following and why?
And who they personally don’t like following and why?
I’ve recently discovered Clare and Joanna (Moody Mare Diaries) and absolutely love them. They’re relatable, normal and lovely girls and are putting a lot of effort into their content without it being constant ads all the time like the bigger influencers.

• Heart