Equestrian Influencers #16 Meg’s breeding, Tina’s speeding, Ray’s over-feeding, Mumchausen’s misleading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My first introduction to Tattle was PTWM. I put a similar comment on her insta that there are on Sophie’s ‘oh what awful people, how jealous they must be, blah blah blah’
Now I can’t stand PTWM as I can see through her BS and I enjoy the discussion here, they really are tamer than most other threads. Just you wait Sophie, half of those commenting will be having a good read as we speak and will start to come round to our way of thinking 🤣🧌

Reactions: 9
Wonderful post and spot on the money! I’ve learned a lot from people on here, my knowledge isn’t remotely up to date as I’ve not had a horse for many years now and am not physically well enough to, but I do know that if I were to be able to do it again there’s a lot I’d do differently because of some of the conversations here. So thank you horrible bunch 😂😂😂.
Funny how no one mentions how happy everyone was on Saturday for Em? That we were actively checking the website to see how she’d done? How much support Justine gets, especially as an older and less polished influencer, nothing but praise for her and what she’s doing. Happiness for Lucy that she’s recovered well from her illness and is doing splendidly with Ember and seems to have a rather nice young man lurking around.
Such miserable unkind people! If only we didn’t have opinions about obese horses, parents exploring their children, crappy riding and poor husbandry. Must remember to #bekind next time Mumchausen posts a photo of her unconscious child in an ambulance, after all she’s only doing it to help and inspire, nothing to do with wanting a new trailer or new saddles. Frankie, you are amazing and I sincerely hope none of your life being used like this has any negative impact on you.
Think you've nailed it here Alfie. I'm the same (out of riding for many years) but this has taught me so much about horses I never knew and it's nice just to chat about people which I can't do in real life because no one I know actually follows any of these people. People are positive just as much as they are negative - eg most people were really rooting for Meg at Badminton even though she does catch flak sometimes for being overly produced and sponsored

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Probably a bad time to post with tattle getting a bad rap at the minute but did anyone else see the videos of Shelby Dennis’ new bf riding on her tb mare??? I get it that everyone has to learn and start somewhere but that poor mare.. and it definitely isn’t safe for him either.. he got bolted on twice, and any beginner has poor core balance as they aren’t used to using their muscles in that way, it’s so easy to get a fall, on an ottb in an open space like that! As well as that, the poor mare is getting bounced all over on and her mouth pulled on for balance.. I’m pretty sure she’s said before that mare can be strong/bolt-ish, or reactive so why would you put a brand new rider on her like that?? And her giving instructions in the back ground did not do anything to help?? I understand wanting to teach your partner to ride but I’d want to teach my partner in a much safer environment on a horse that I trusted wouldn’t bolt or be reactive to an inexperienced rider. I think it’s irresponsible on her part and unfair on both horse and rider.

Reactions: 2
bleeping snort laughed at Mumchausen’s reply. Even SHE has an illness now!
---
Also, no one is slagging off Frankie. She is a victim of your lunacy, Mumchausen 🙄
She does have an illness doesn’t she ? Crohn’s disease and quite a lot else

Also I’ve commented on RTG a few times before but had to stop watching her as it was frustrating me so much. I’m no Olympic rider by any means but Jesus.. that poor mare. She’s looking at so many preventable health issues based on her weight and management alone. How has no one in RTG’s life flagged this to her in person? No one at the barn is concerned for Pepper?? It’s not just people on the internet that see it and that’s a disservice to the poor horse. If I was that inexperienced or blind to my horses issues I would want someone to point them out to me. Not just bury my head in the sand and pretend I haven’t noticed or it’s just fine. It’s the fact that she just blocks people rather than even say she’s putting her on a diet or getting a work up or something done, she’s just ignoring it. Fair enough she doesn’t owe anyone an explanation but I would want to prove that I give a tit about my horse and am actively trying to better the situation and learn. No one knows everything about horses like surely other opinions are worth considering? Unless it was nasty I couldn’t imagine not even giving someone who was concerned about my horse the time of day. Buying her more saddle pads isn’t showing her the love that she thinks it is, it would serve pepper much better to go on a diet or get the help of a nutritionist or vet or a different trainer to help RTG to figure out how to look after her horses health better.

Reactions: 5
Harlow winning at RIHS is such a huge achievement in her first season showing! I'm definitely not her demographic and I have only recently watched a few of her vlogs since her win at RI and I must say that she rides beautifully and appears very grateful for everything she has. I don't get the vibe that Chelsea is a pushy show mum or forces her into creating content. I'm sure social media is what allows them to be able to afford beautiful ponies and travel up and down the country making memories together.

Reactions: 13
Harlow winning at RIHS is such a huge achievement in her first season showing! I'm definitely not her demographic and I have only recently watched a few of her vlogs since her win at RI and I must say that she rides beautifully and appears very grateful for everything she has. I don't get the vibe that Chelsea is a pushy show mum or forces her into creating content. I'm sure social media is what allows them to be able to afford beautiful ponies and travel up and down the country making memories together.
Harlow rode that pony beautifully and her vlog about it where she talks about how she felt winning was so lovely.
Chelsea does not come across as pushy at all, just a genuine mum who enjoys spending time with her daughter. Harlow seems very at ease in front of the camera and copes with her fame well. Chelsea clearly works hard at her own business so is not cashing in solely on Harlow’s success. I really enjoyed the recent Portugal vlog where she appeared in it and they rode together.
I have previously perhaps not known much about Chelsea and been a bit put off by how she talks, but I will hold my hands up and say that I judged her too quickly and I shouldn’t have.

I’ll be waiting. In fact I may just pop down to the local police station. With a bit of luck I’ll get arrested and they will keep me detained for a few weeks and they will feed me, I’ve had enough of having to cook every bloody night. I will obvioulsy need my emotional support horse and dog with me though 😂
---

RTG most guilty of that, doesn’t want to hear the truth about how fat her horse is so deletes any comment that says so.
well how dare we be denied VIP treatment 😉 matchy cells, can we book in advance before they run out?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Harlow rode that pony beautifully and her vlog about it where she talks about how she felt winning was so lovely.
Chelsea does not come across as pushy at all, just a genuine mum who enjoys spending time with her daughter. Harlow seems very at ease in front of the camera and copes with her fame well. Chelsea clearly works hard at her own business so is not cashing in solely on Harlow’s success. I really enjoyed the recent Portugal vlog where she appeared in it and they rode together.
I have previously perhaps not known much about Chelsea and been a bit put off by how she talks, but I will hold my hands up and say that I judged her too quickly and I shouldn’t have.
Completely agree! They're a great example of a healthy 'family channel' in my opinion.

Harlow has a great life, lots of opportunities and well looked after ponies so I really can't fault Chelsea.

Perhaps parent influencers shouldn't parade their kids all over social media if are genuinely worried about their mental health?
Rather unprofessional for a business to get involved
Yep. I don't think it's a crime to say you don't like a product. Expert Bits don't really have a leg to stand on as these bits look rather similar to other, more expensive bit brands in my humble opinion.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Oh is Frankie’s mum going to respond to every comment 👀 I’m here for this… 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Someone take one for the team and screenshot the lot. I don’t follow her as I don’t agree with parading kids round on social media no matter how old they are.

She’s not coming across as ‘educating’ anyone. Just spouting the same crap in a different way.

ETA: none of what she’s sharing is showing anything hateful towards Frankie either. So she’s just showing herself as talking absolute crap in her comment of Sophie’s post.

Should’ve sat this one out Mumchausen, you’re coming across as mote

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.