Equestrian Influencers #16 Meg’s breeding, Tina’s speeding, Ray’s over-feeding, Mumchausen’s misleading

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the reality is that if you stand around any show ring, or spend time at any livery yard then you will be met with unwanted opinions - that isn't anything new in the notoriously 'bitchy' horse world, and putting yourself in the spotlight as an equine content creator will only heighten those opinions. Having said that - I do not find this thread to be particularly negative. I am relatively new so I can't speak for previous threads, but I'd say the overall consensus is pretty positive.

However, some things are unfortunately indisputable. I wont speak on someones weight but it's undeniable that RTG is too heavy for that mare, and the mare is grossly overweight. I am very much immersed in the showing world and have competed cobs at HOYS so I am definitely no stranger to an overweight animal.

I want to make it clear that I do not believe that RTG is too heavy to ride - she is simply not suited to the mare and it's difficult to watch.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
OK, she can educate me, this is a genuine question. My partner sub luxated his shoulder a couple of months ago and he's still having problems with it. It was incredibly painful. A while ago,.Frankies mum said that Frankie was riding and jumping while multiple joints were subluxating. Surely that must have been so excruciatingly painful there is no way she could or should have ridden. I know this sounds like a snark, but I genuinely wonder if it means something different in people with Frankies illness??

Reactions: 6
I think the reality is that if you stand around any show ring, or spend time at any livery yard then you will be met with unwanted opinions - that isn't anything new in the notoriously 'bitchy' horse world, and putting yourself in the spotlight as an equine content creator will only heighten those opinions. Having said that - I do not find this thread to be particularly negative. I am relatively new so I can't speak for previous threads, but I'd say the overall consensus is pretty positive.

However, some things are unfortunately indisputable. I wont speak on someones weight but it's undeniable that RTG is too heavy for that mare, and the mare is grossly overweight. I am very much immersed in the showing world and have competed cobs at HOYS so I am definitely no stranger to an overweight animal.

I want to make it clear that I do not believe that RTG is too heavy to ride - she is simply not suited to the mare and it's difficult to watch.
She is too heavy to ride. I own a ‘weight carrying’ breed and would not let her sit on him. No one has the right to sit on a horse.

Reactions: 14
I suppose people will just have to come on here and make their own minds up about what is said and whether they agree or not. It’s easy to paint this forum as a nasty and negative place where people are always torn to shreds, but the reality is actually quite different. I thought the thread where Meg was at Badminton was a great example of when a community really get behind someone. The majority of us genuinely wanted her to do well and were delighted for her. There’s a lot of good people here actually and a lot of support for many of the social media accounts, but that will always be overlooked in favour of the negative posts, which is a shame as there are far more of us who want people to succeed than not.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
All these people jumping on the whole ‘I’ve been mentioned on tattle too’ make me laugh. It’s like they’re bragging they’ve had comments made too. Most comments on here are actually nice or worrying about animal or child welfare. Yes some are what would be called ‘bitching’ but honestly its probably nicer that what gets said at their own yards by people who pretend to be their friends.

Also I fully bet 95% of these people are regular readers and perhaps even well known or chatty même vers 😉

Reactions: 10
I mean, compared to the Hinch threads, or even Jack Monroe - the Equestrian influencers get off pretty lightly.

Reactions: 6
I mean, compared to the Hinch threads, or even Jack Monroe - the Equestrian influencers get off pretty lightly.
They should get on the Katie Price threads if they are feeling hard done by.
But then she deserves every criticism she gets.

Reactions: 5
You’ve summed it perfectly there. Have any others shared Sophies post and cried victim yet?

Sophie Seymour hasn’t been mentioned since thread 11. We’re now on thread 16. That must have been some digging considering she just ‘stumbled upon’ tattle.
Ellie McCarthy decided to join in the grumble - she was mentioned around the earliest thread then hasn’t really been mentioned much since then if I remember correctly 😂

I think all that was said about her was some comments on how she’s financed her yard…

IMG_5296.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1
No one is screenshotting their worse moments and using them as a profile picture so yes they are getting off very lightly compared to some. Blackhill eventing’s post is quite entertaining. Oooo look me people speculated as to why I left the podcast. Jesus christ on a bike I’d speak to people in real life about that! No one said anything that bad about her, just had a normal discussion and it’s actually thanks to tattle that I even found the podcast so she can suck on that. Anyway apparently we have been horrible about thisisesme no idea who that is they certainly aren’t an equestrian influencer. Pheobe Buckley I can’t rememer anything bad said about her, I said I beat her once which is true. The elphick crew which I’ll give them. And some others but I see they didn’t name RTG is that everyone saying on her true? She is one of the reasons this site exists she deletes any comments that are negative towards Pepper’s weight despite them being factual. And speaking of the silly twit she’s liked a Baileys horse feed post on instagram about fat horses. The horse is no where near as fat as Pepper. 🙄 Wimpy also wasn’t mentioned is that because they agree with what is said her to?
---
Ellie McCarthy decided to join in the grumble - she was mentioned around the earliest thread then hasn’t really been mentioned much since then if I remember correctly 😂

I think all that was said about her was some comments on how she’s financed her yard…

View attachment 2366869
What was even said about her? I can’t remember her even being mentioned so she’s not that important.

Reactions: 1
Also…

To all newcomers visiting from Sophie’s bad move of naming tattle…

WELCOME 🤣

Here you will find a generally tame discussion of our dear equestrian influencers, discussions that are probably held in real life amongst the equestrian community unbeknownst to the influencers…

You may find it a breath of fresh air 🌬

To read something other than the bootlicking comments on social media platforms

To wonder if perhaps their horses are actually being treated well

To consider that using children for views and money is perhaps a questionable move 🧐

And to see that having ads shoved down your throat at every turn isn’t fun

And if you think thats bad - head over to the Harry and Meghan thread 😉

Reactions: 13
I think this is 90% a really balanced place to discuss different viewpoints that would get deleted as instagram comments/wouldn't be a whole conversation. And of course welfare concerns are raised and it's a good thing to be able to talk about some of these issues. I think you see a lot more critical thinking and acceptance of others opinions here compared to Facebook and instagram comments!

I don't compete, don't even follow many influencers or know who a lot of those that are mentioned are but I do find the general ethos informative and interesting.

What was even said about her? I can’t remember her even being mentioned so she’s not that important.
That her family is very wealthy, and about the negative attention Ellie's yard faced from Harlow's fans showing up unannounced when they were there for livery. Some considered her spoilt but again people probably talk about these influencers all the time in person, but tattle just makes it public, so I guess ignorance is bliss.

(I just know that all these lesser talked about influencers are loving the newfound attention :LOL::LOL:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I think that if you are going to put your whole life out there in public you have to expect that not everyone is going to like you, agree with you or kiss your arse. If you're raking in freebies from your sponsors does it matter.
Having an opinion really isn't a police priority 😂
If you don't like what you read stop.
I personally like seeing the progress that Sophie makes with some very difficult horses. Tina's crazy but seems a lovely gal.
See we aren't all nasty trolls with nothing better to do with our sad lives 🤣

Reactions: 7
I feel like there is a witty thread title including ‘Potatoes gonna potato’ but I can’t figure it out…

Reactions: 2
I’ve been on tattle a long time never knew we had an equestrian thread and I am HERE for it! Thanks Sophie 😉😅
---
Can I chime in re RTG … I painfully followed for a while. Unfortunately we have a few of the same professionals involved and I brought her name up in conversation the other week with a said professional and let’s just say their face said it all re the weight of both of them…
It wasn’t their place to make any other comments to me, but it frustrated me that in one breath they were banging on about the horses welfare then seemingly supporting how she is clearly to heavy for the mare! I said unless people point out the issues brutally, *YOU are the problem* then they’ll continue thinking they’re right and everyone wrong.
I said what I said 👍🏻

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Here is every part of Mumchausen’s story.
I don't think anyone has said on here she should get an education instead of playing ponies..... 🤔 I feel like she's just making "quotes" up there to suit her narrative 😂 maybe there has though, I don't really pay attention to her as I don't follow her but I don't recall seeing something like that said.

Feathers have certainly been ruffled! I wonder how much traffic it's brought upon this thread..... And how many people have read a number of things and agreed with things that they may have overlooked previously... This isn't a hate thread by any means, nor is anyone jealous or so full of hate and rage. I love when people can't accept being challenged in their thinking or way of doing things and have to automatically tell everyone that people are jealous of them lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.