Equestrian Influencers #12 Whine... but also, Wine!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just seen the crowd that watched Jam’s dressage test on Emily’s story, that much have been nerve wracking as hell😶😶

Reactions: 9
I don’t think it was actually about that though really, for her it was more tackling the mental hurdle of falling off… I totally agree you can’t really plan how to fall off 🤣
Oh I agree with you. For Meg it was for her. Her fears and confidence. For us. We still all suck haha
---
Really frustrating but it’s the same with top horses. Top horses and riders are now stabled away and are more secure (at least in SJ comps I’ve been to). I know she isn’t a top rider with a top horse but a very well known one so…just an idea for next time.

That being said, people should have more respect and be more aware of the bio hazards when touching horses they don’t know. Stables = down time when at a show, so leave them alone.
Away shows in stables, ODE’s/day shows in their trailers and boxes, no one should be touching any horses or having selfies without owner present.
common sense that it seems our younger generation hasn’t been taught. Worrying.
---
Aww Pete has posted a reel
Made me well up a bit. She has worked so hard for this. Proud and happy for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Has anyone worked this out? So intrigued 🤣
B is for horses that are British bred. K is for riders over 40. I’m unsure on the other two. I was 14th with a double clear. Thankfully definitely not a dressage competition! I was around 70th before the jumping

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I wish they chose nicer colours for the rosettes😢
View attachment 2148219
I actually really like the colours 🤷🏻‍♀️
---
B is for horses that are British bred. K is for riders over 40. I’m unsure on the other two. I was 14th with a double clear. Thankfully definitely not a dressage competition! I was around 70th before the jumping
Well done on your double clear! Both the SJ and XC courses were causing a lot of issues! Congratulations! Now go celebrate 🎉

Reactions: 7
She’s such a pompous arse! I know plenty of horses who have thrived going barefoot when vets have written them off. Yes, it doesn’t work for every horse, but I know some who are still out competing and loving it today thanks to barefoot. Such an arsey comment to make!

I know she’s written it in a tongue in cheek manner, but her thoughts are transparent.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Would Dee and Jam not count as British breeds??

Reactions: 1
She’s such a pompous arse! I know plenty of horses who have thrived going barefoot when vets have written them off. Yes, it doesn’t work for every horse, but I know some who are still out competing and loving it today thanks to barefoot. Such an arsey comment to make!

I know she’s written it in a tongue in cheek manner, but her thoughts are transparent.
She’s very self important and thinks she’s the bees knees.

Reactions: 4

If my vets were putting out posts like she does I’d be moving pronto!
Imagine what she is like if you dare to ask a question on your horses ongoing care as a client of hers?!

We are all trying to do our best for our horses, for some that is shoeing, feeding a certain feed or pursuing a certain treatment, for someone else it is the complete opposite of those things.

She is such a judgemental hole.

I wish they chose nicer colours for the rosettes😢
View attachment 2148219
There volitaire’s colours. I have some he same colour from some unaffiliated events.
---
If my vets were putting out posts like she does I’d be moving pronto!
Imagine what she is like if you dare to ask a question on your horses ongoing care as a client of hers?!

We are all trying to do our best for our horses, for some that is shoeing, feeding a certain feed or pursuing a certain treatment, for someone else it is the complete opposite of those things.

She is such a judgemental hole.
Any decent vet will work with the farrier to figure out whether shoes or no shoes is the best option.

Reactions: 1
No, they're both from Ireland which isn't part of Britain - only Northern Ireland is.
Silly me, had a mind blank and thought Connemaras were Scottish 🤣
---
Kate Lewis is starting a riding school? No wonder she’s been hoarding all these animals, she may as well start a petting zoo too🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Silly me, had a mind blank and thought Connemaras were Scottish 🤣
---
Kate Lewis is starting a riding school? No wonder she’s been hoarding all these animals, she may as well start a petting zoo too🤣
I think she's nuts. After that cat story came out...thats what convinced me

• Haha
Fair play to meg. Hard work paid off. Interesting to see in the insta reel that she was literally checking her timer watch mid air over the last fence!! That's some incredible confidence recovery - ponies must have felt amazing today 👏

Reactions: 2
Fair play to meg. Hard work paid off. Interesting to see in the insta reel that she was literally checking her timer watch mid air over the last fence!! That's some incredible confidence recovery - ponies must have felt amazing today 👏
Which is why I’ll always be a bit of an Elphick poo pooer. She is nothing but downright competitive. Which is fair enough. Just don’t wrap it up in a Wimpy sandwich. 😜 if you know, you know….

Reactions: 13
Well the thread certainly moved fast today 😂
And it was nice to see a lot of positivity! This site gets a bad rep and unfairly so IMO. But it was nice to see the last few pages were just about hoping Meg did well, but not hoping for it at the expense of others.
---
My favourite photo I’ve seen all day! Someone is well on their way to achieve Andrew Nicholson level of chill 🤣

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I am just buzzing for Meg - credit where credit's due, she's produced two exceptionally nice ponies and the unwavering love and support from her pit crew makes me a bit teary. Hell, I haven't been over a coloured pole let alone a solid fence in about ten years and she's making me want to put the work in and have a go at qualifying just for the experience! I know she gets a lot of flack but I do think she has a great attitude and she's doing a great thing for the equestrian influencer community - I'm looking forward to seeing her piece with the Beeb.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.