Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I find her emotional vlogs difficult to watch - I have no problem whatsoever with vlogs on a negative or difficult subject (real life drama etc.) but when she gets so emotional on screen, it's very difficult to watch. Tempted to use the word 'triggering' here 🤣
There are ways and means of presenting difficult scenarios without letting your emotions totally get the better of you. Not that she should be emotionless, but there were a fair few vlogs recently where she was really quite confident in discussing difficult things in a more matter of fact way, without the tears or the excessive drama, and I thoroughly enjoyed watching them and felt compassion etc.
With the tears, I just have to switch off.

It's a shame Banks got mud fever. I didn't understand the random x-ray of his hock on her stories, but happy to read here that he's fine.
But yeah, of all the very many things that could have caused Tina not to go to Badminton, I'd reckon mud fever was not even on that list!!!
So in the space of one day we have 2 people criticised for not getting their horses X-rayed. And now we have one vigilant owner doing them as a precaution and they are criticised as well 🙄 these influencers, though not without fault, can do no right sometimes

Reactions: 30

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
That little black hairy cob who did the 90 is 20 years old! He’s getting so much love on instagram

• Heart
Reactions: 26

takeiteasy

I don’t really care that Lucy enjoys her job/partying/going on holidays - don’t we all? She produces content but it’s not a full time job for her so who are we to expect a weekly upload…

Same as the comments in regards to her taking Embers training more seriously if she wants to successfully event - why? What if she just wants to enjoy her horse and her activity of choice is eventing? What if she’s happy bumbling round the 80s/90s and doing the training slowly?

Reactions: 26

frankiem

Has anyone worked this out? So intrigued 🤣
B is for horses that are British bred. K is for riders over 40. I’m unsure on the other two. I was 14th with a double clear. Thankfully definitely not a dressage competition! I was around 70th before the jumping

• Heart
Reactions: 25

ReaRea

Chatty Member
I have to preface this by saying I am a fan of Meg, so don’t come for me about that! 🤣
But honestly, reading this thread over the last few days has seemed like a bit of a ‘let’s pile on Meg’ party.

Do I agree with everything she’s doing? Absolutely not. In fact some of it I think is atrocious and she’s taking like 5 steps back from where she was prior to her fall at Bicton.

However, I haven’t liked seeing all of the comments about how her confidence crisis is fake, she’s prioritising trying to place over everything etc.

I for one think her confidence crisis is very real but she’s going about it the wrong way entirely. I know in her latest vlog she said the Pelham was intended for XC use but the course was too boggy to use that day and she wanted to try the bit out. But using it to SJ was a bad call.

But I wouldn’t call that arena hire a total disaster and she even says in the middle of it she just needs to trust Jam more.

I think a lot of it is also coming from her riding ponies as opposed to horses and Jam moves more like a horse despite her size (yes I know she’s technically a horse but so is Dee and she is very ponyish).

But on top of all of that. Can we just for one minute imagine what it’s like to be in Meg’s shoes? She’s qualified two for Grassroots, one of which came third last year. That in and of itself is a big deal. But then imagine doing that and also having to carry the weight of a.) creating content, b.) making your sponsors happy with the videos you put out (she has said in the past sponsors have asked her to tweak videos) and c.) ensuring your qualified horses are happy, healthy and ready to go to the biggest amateur competition of the year?

We can bitch and moan about the opportunities she has until the cows come home. But at the end of the day, that’s a lot for one person to have to juggle. Especially when it’s their full time job.
Okay, I ranted on a bit and some of this may not come across as intended. But I’ve had a long day in work and I’m two glasses deep in white wine (not an ad!) 🤣

Reactions: 24

JMx89

I don't understand the bitterness with equestrian influencers receiving money/paid entries. Its no different to travel influencers recieving a trip of a lifetime to Bali in return for social media posts, or love Island winners securing 6 figure contracts to work with clothing brands. Is it because equestrian influencers are more like everyday people popping round a BE90? I think good for them, they found a niche a few years ago and have worked at it. I admire them more than the likes of Gemma Owen who would have been bought top horses since they were born.
I agree. Half the time most of the replies on here are looking for a problem/moaning out of jealousy. Same old arguments coming up, and it just seems more and more this forum is becoming less about honest conversations and equestrian discussions and more about just slagging people off for the tiniest things because people are being spiteful. Wish people would get over the fact that social media is a job, it’s getting boring now

Alfie1234

VIP Member
Seems to be picking apart nothing to me. I’m sure people would moan if she sold up too. Maybe be happy that the horses have a solid happy home. Horses don’t understand ‘potential’ or ‘talent’ and don’t think they’re being wasted. A lot of people also breed with the time frame in mind of when the foal will be ready to be produced- if she goes off to study, she will come back to a nice horse if they keep it. A lot worse things going on that could be discussed than a young girl going to study medicine and her willing, able family caring for her horses whilst she does.
No one ever complains about dogs “being wasted”, most dogs have natural talents and abilities, but no one looks at a Dalmatian and says “that dogs wasted, should be running by the side of a carriage” or sees a retriever in the park and says “that poor dog should be collecting pheasants, what a shame” yet people automatically think that unless a horse is being ridden and competed it’s wasted.

• Haha

JMx89

I don’t really care that Lucy enjoys her job/partying/going on holidays - don’t we all? She produces content but it’s not a full time job for her so who are we to expect a weekly upload…

Same as the comments in regards to her taking Embers training more seriously if she wants to successfully event - why? What if she just wants to enjoy her horse and her activity of choice is eventing? What if she’s happy bumbling round the 80s/90s and doing the training slowly?
This!!! It blows my mind that people even have an opinion on this? Imagine having a hobby and people moaning that you don’t take it seriously enough. She’s never claimed to be anything more than she is

Reactions: 23

Blond3g1rl

VIP Member
She has still entered him. Which is a shame as then she will have the carrot dangling in front of her to run him in a really testing event which demands serious fitness… meaning any niggle might be exacerbated. If it were me, I would have not entered and made peace with my decision. He seems to have hurt himself a few days ago and if she’s now calling the vet, then I would have taken temptation out of the equation and genuinely “put my horse first”!
Completely disagree. Tina is most definitely one of those who puts her horse first. She will not run if he is not 100%

Reactions: 21

isawitfirsthere

I just watched some random YouTube video of a dressage rider who went to the “influencer” day at Bolesworth, which is obviously what Frankie’s mom was going to and Meg and a few others. Days like this are why I think Meg is struggling, financially it will have been a no brainer, but to have wasted a whole day on nothing when it’s a few weeks from Badminton and you have young horses to ride is pointless. So influencer Meg had a successful day, but event rider Meg had a wasted day 🤷‍♀️

Also, Geoff Billngton? How is this man still a thing? His methods and his teaching should be left in the past where they belong.
I think that's a bit unfair. If you spent a day at work would that be a wasted day? I think it's a double standard to moan all these influencers get stuff for free, but also to moan when they go out to work. It might not be a conventional job, but it's still a job nevertheless.

Reactions: 20

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
As good as it is that Meg had 2 double clears which is brilliant, but I bet part of her is a little heartbroken not taking the winners circle, as she would have been in it to win it obviously like all the other competitors. Considering Jam came 3rd last year and didn’t meet that or beat that this year, and she has put more training in this year too. Regardless, it’s still a great achievement. Congratulations to the Winner though!
I honestly don’t think that will bother her this year. Perhaps if it was just Jam she’d taken again, but to get both mares there for a top ten finish after her confidence blip, I don’t think she will be in any way disappointed.

I hope some other wannabe ‘influencers’ take note of Megs horsemanship. I don’t think I’ve ever seen her lose her rag with her horses, smack them unnecessarily if they stop at a fence, or continually put them in positions that they clearly don’t want to be in and then make poor excuses for it. She ensures the horses she has want to do the job and that they are never over faced or pushed beyond their capabilities. Fair play to her, we need more people like that in the public eye.

Reactions: 20

ReaRea

Chatty Member
I was obviously referring to the ‘hope she’s sound’ part of the photo, as I said in the post it would rub me the wrong way IF I were Tina, but I’m clearly not🙄
But why would it rub you the wrong way (if you were Tina)? Of course Tina is upset she isn’t going but she is supportive of her friend. Why would Meg saying she hopes Jam is sound after kicking a wall upset her? Does Tina own the prerogative of lameness? It’s not been posted with any malice and I bet neither of them would have seen it that way. You’re reading way too much into it tbh.

Reactions: 19

borderterrier

I don't understand the bitterness with equestrian influencers receiving money/paid entries. Its no different to travel influencers recieving a trip of a lifetime to Bali in return for social media posts, or love Island winners securing 6 figure contracts to work with clothing brands. Is it because equestrian influencers are more like everyday people popping round a BE90? I think good for them, they found a niche a few years ago and have worked at it. I admire them more than the likes of Gemma Owen who would have been bought top horses since they were born.

Reactions: 18

Bridisi

I don't normally think much about IG influencers (too old for that shit really!) but I did happen to catch the story about her daughters seizure and I really strongly think Frankies mum should pause her Instagram and be totally present for Frankie and stop posting about her illness online. It's morally wrong and she doesnt have to post to placate the drama hounds that follow her. If she needs support then reach out to RL friends. That poor kid.

Reactions: 17

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
It does make me giggle when influencers that are mentioned here run straight to their insta stories whining about mean people on the internet as if they’re not lurking on the thread themselves 😂 whether or not they’re commenting on the thread, they’re still regularly reading it. Stones and glass houses or whatever the saying is
I get baffled that people open their social media up to the world, share everything, tag brands and other influencers in their bid to further their reach…. yet get upset when people have opinions. If you put yourself out there warts and all, not everyone is going to like or agree with you and people are going to discuss you, because that’s what people do. It’s the same with soap stars, celebrities, sports people, singers, reality stars. People have opinions and when they feel strongly about something, they want to air those. The internet gives people a platform, just as does for influencers, to put out into the world what they wish. I think the only way to safeguard yourself from this is to keep your SM accounts private and share with friends only.
On the whole though, I don’t think the people on this forum are particularly nasty. There’s the odd person who crops up with a bee in their bonnet about someone but mostly the comments made are fair. I have noticed a few influencers have twisted things they’ve read on here and made out that certain things have been said when they actually haven’t. Whether that’s a genuine misunderstanding or because it suits their narrative, I’m not sure, but the reality is that not everyone is going to kiss your backside and think you are amazing. And that’s ok because there’s still plenty of other people who will and that’s great. Horses for courses and all that.

Last edited:

infernalcarpet

Chatty Member
Interesting to see that the instructor on Tina's latest vlog keeps telling her to slow down and stop firing at the fences. Lucinda also had her slowing down and riding the rhythm. Just makes it all the clearer that the last vlog she did with Cameron, it was all going far too fast.
Very exciting times ahead for Tina! Will be good to have something positive to focus on after the disappointment of not going to Badminton.

sledgehammer

Chatty Member
Meg produces smart little horses who do a tidy dressage test and jump well. They don’t need to be super fancy or extravagant to win at the level she is at, and she’s got the formula absolutely right. Fair play to her, those two grey mares of hers are super and she has done the work to get them to that stage.
I think that once she get a bigger horse she will probably aim to be competing that one a bit higher. She is on the taller side now on the greys and is probably aware that asking them to step up higher would put more of a strain on them and increase the risk of a fall or injury so it’s Sensible really to keep them at 90.

Reactions: 16
Frankiesponies Mum with a massive caption about Frankie having another seizure. She must be sat with frankie in the hospital typing all that out! And why has she written it like its a drama piece! The mum needs to get off social media and get some proper, real life help and genuine support because it must be a horrible situation, but all the insta sharing is so unhealthy and, once again, Frankie deserves her medical info to be private until she can choose for herself.

Reactions: 16