Equestrian Influencers #12 Whine... but also, Wine!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Silly me, had a mind blank and thought Connemaras were Scottish šŸ¤£
---
Kate Lewis is starting a riding school? No wonder sheā€™s been hoarding all these animals, she may as well start a petting zoo toošŸ¤£
Well they are grey like Highland ponies are šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Which is why Iā€™ll always be a bit of an Elphick poo pooer. She is nothing but downright competitive. Which is fair enough. Just donā€™t wrap it up in a Wimpy sandwich. šŸ˜œ if you know, you knowā€¦.
Her competitiveness is why I donā€™t belive her confidence crisis was nerves more the fact she was pilling the pressure on herself to get everything perfect and winning as she did so well at badminton last year. And kept bleeping up which upset her. So was more performance related rather than being scared to jump.

Reactions: 7
Silly me, had a mind blank and thought Connemaras were Scottish šŸ¤£
---
Kate Lewis is starting a riding school? No wonder sheā€™s been hoarding all these animals, she may as well start a petting zoo toošŸ¤£
Wash your mouth out Irish born and bread šŸ¤£

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Can someone please explain to me why Dee is in 4th not 3rd? The person in 3rd looks to have finished XC in 6.26 and Meg finished XC in 6.25. Same dressage score. A great result regardless but Iā€™m just trying to work out how they are ordering

Reactions: 1
Can someone please explain to me why Dee is in 4th not 3rd? The person in 3rd looks to have finished XC in 6.26 and Meg finished XC in 6.25. Same dressage score. A great result regardless but Iā€™m just trying to work out how they are ordering
the optimum time was 6.30 I believe. So the time closest to that wins. 3rd, 4th & 5th all finished on 30.4. Going faster doesnā€™t get you the win in this case. The slower time wins because theyā€™re closest to the optimum.

Reactions: 3
the optimum time was 6.30 I believe. So the time closest to that wins. 3rd, 4th & 5th all finished on 30.4. Going faster doesnā€™t get you the win in this case. The slower time wins because theyā€™re closest to the optimum.
Oh that makes sense! Thanks

Oh that makes sense! Thanks
No worries. Itā€™s a bit of a minefield to understand the rules.
---
New thread title anyone? Hard to gauge after so much positivity! Ironic this one was done after Megā€™s wine endorsement and ending with overwhelming support for her!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Hate to be the one to move back to being a cow butā€¦ šŸ˜‚

Frankie and Bean are now looking forwards to entering a Hunter trial. This is apparently after Frankie has been in hospital all day, but went XC schooling after, and Bean has something wrong with every part of her body last time I checked but is now totally fine after a couple of weeks of ā€œrehabā€. Just total bollocks!

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I think even if Meg's confidence crisis was either made up or played up for the vlogs/social media - it might still help someone going through something similar. Maybe they watch her and think "Oh, well if Meg can have a fall and then struggle afterwards then it's OK for me to stop beating myself over my mistake." Or maybe it helps someone decide to see a therapist or a sports psychologist or seek whatever help they need. Mental health can be very isolating and it's always positive to see someone talking about those issues, especially someone with a younger fanbase.

Reactions: 13
I think even if Meg's confidence crisis was either made up or played up for the vlogs/social media - it might still help someone going through something similar. Maybe they watch her and think "Oh, well if Meg can have a fall and then struggle afterwards then it's OK for me to stop beating myself over my mistake." Or maybe it helps someone decide to see a therapist or a sports psychologist or seek whatever help they need. Mental health can be very isolating and it's always positive to see someone talking about those issues, especially someone with a younger fanbase.
Yep I was talking to the mother of a 10 year old who struggles with extreme confidence issues. Anyway the kids a huge fan of Meg and seeing her videos has made her feel like shes not alone . The mother said the videos have been helping alot šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
Reactions: 5
On Megā€™s stories: how many were there just to watch Meg finish? Or is the Grassroots finish always that popular?

As good as it is that Meg had 2 double clears which is brilliant, but I bet part of her is a little heartbroken not taking the winners circle, as she would have been in it to win it obviously like all the other competitors. Considering Jam came 3rd last year and didnā€™t meet that or beat that this year, and she has put more training in this year too. Regardless, itā€™s still a great achievement. Congratulations to the Winner though!

As good as it is that Meg had 2 double clears which is brilliant, but I bet part of her is a little heartbroken not taking the winners circle, as she would have been in it to win it obviously like all the other competitors. Considering Jam came 3rd last year and didnā€™t meet that or beat that this year, and she has put more training in this year too. Regardless, itā€™s still a great achievement. Congratulations to the Winner though!
The dressage scores last year had more disparity than this year

Reactions: 2
I honestly donā€™t think that will bother her this year. Perhaps if it was just Jam sheā€™d taken again, but to get both mares there for a top ten finish after her confidence blip, I donā€™t think she will be in any way disappointed.

I hope some other wannabe ā€˜influencersā€™ take note of Megs horsemanship. I donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen her lose her rag with her horses, smack them unnecessarily if they stop at a fence, or continually put them in positions that they clearly donā€™t want to be in and then make poor excuses for it. She ensures the horses she has want to do the job and that they are never over faced or pushed beyond their capabilities. Fair play to her, we need more people like that in the public eye.

Reactions: 20
Super impressed with Meg but I find her hat silk quite distracting, not sure what it is about it but it is odd! šŸ˜†šŸ˜†

Reactions: 5
Attempting to moderate, tone policing, or telling people what to post is against the rules, please report, keep scrolling or ignore a user - Please read our rules and why they're important
I think this site in general needs more positive because it will end up being banned . I going to be shot down for saying this but I think some comments are unnecessary and clearly showing a bit of jealousy because you wish it was yourself in that position. It really should be more about constructive criticism than actual hate. I think were all guilty of this.

I think this site in general needs more positive because it will end up being banned . I going to be shot down for saying this but I think some comments are unnecessary and clearly showing a bit of jealousy because you wish it was yourself in that position. It really should be more about constructive criticism than actual hate. I think were all guilty of this.
Have you been on any other of the threads ? This one is tame compared to others. Any real negativity and bitching is shut down. Believe me I am not jealous of any of them. My life is grand just the way it is without selling my soul to advertise some shite (yfood).

And I'd like to thank everyone for the commentary yesterday while I was at work ā¤

Reactions: 11
Banned by who? Unfortunately a lot of people canā€™t handle a negative opinion and immediately assume itā€™s down to jealousy. Not sure why youā€™re trying to upset the apple cart when everyone is genuinely so chuffed for Meg and her team.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.