Equestrian Influencers #12 Whine... but also, Wine!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know how Meg thought Dee was excited for her event, when she was calling out and chopping the bit…. (Anxiety and excitement are 2 different things)…. She looked jammed in her dressage and choppy and tense, SJ was killing the canter and grabbing…. XC started grabbing and not forward but I thought got better towards the end. As for the confidence, it’s all for the camera, however a double clear is great and the judge must have liked her test.

Reactions: 2
I don’t know how Meg thought Dee was excited for her event, when she was calling out and chopping the bit…. (Anxiety and excitement are 2 different things)…. She looked jammed in her dressage and choppy and tense, SJ was killing the canter and grabbing…. XC started grabbing and not forward but I thought got better towards the end. As for the confidence, it’s all for the camera, however a double clear is great and the judge must have liked her test.
The more I see these VE girls vlogs and tests the more frustrated I become thinking how on EARTH was Dee's test a 27. It didn't flow, she whinnied throughout which is tense.. if she wasn't Meg Elphick she would not have earnt that score, even Hobbit said I'll be optimistic and say 31 (or whatever she said) .... It was a very very average test full of mistakes and tension!

Reactions: 10
I was going to quote one of the Esme posts but thread was full.....my 9 year old likes her vlogs and I'm comfortable with her watching them. She hasn't asked for a lemieux saddle pad yet 🙄. I get how the vlogs aren't everyone's thing, but I find her likeable and harmless. I've enjoyed some of them too, but yes, she can come across awkward when interviewing. Makes her relatable?!
Anyway, I don't show my daughter Harlow or Frankie's ponies, and she's not interested in VE squad. Esme works for that age I think and isn't problematic in the way the blogging kids/mums often are

Reactions: 8
The more I see these VE girls vlogs and tests the more frustrated I become thinking how on EARTH was Dee's test a 27. It didn't flow, she whinnied throughout which is tense.. if she wasn't Meg Elphick she would not have earnt that score, even Hobbit said I'll be optimistic and say 31 (or whatever she said) .... It was a very very average test full of mistakes and tension!
I’d be interested to see the other tests within that section Meg was in. To be fair it was a calm ridden test, but I don’t know how she got the score she did. I don’t know why I watch Megs vlogs because I really can’t stand her, she’s so stuck up, but I actually like the training vlogs with how the instructors teach them as I find I can learn alot from them. I used to like watching her a couple of years back when she wasn’t so up herself and riddled with freebies and sponsors, since then I can’t find the interest in her at all.
I hope Tina doesn’t ride her Badminton round SJ like she did with Cams recent lesson 🫣 She done so well with Lucinda and Cam has now trained her the opposite end of the scale ~ Fast! I really have faith in Tina heading to Badminton 👌🏻

Reactions: 1
I hope Tina doesn’t ride her Badminton round SJ like she did with Cams recent lesson 🫣 She done so well with Lucinda and Cam has now trained her the opposite end of the scale ~ Fast! I really have faith in Tina heading to Badminton 👌🏻
It was really uncomfortable to watch. Cam shouting ‘that’s a better canter’ when in reality Banksy looked out of control. Tina clearly says several times it feels too fast and she’s not comfortable. Her lesson in the morning looked much better. Cam really does seem to just shout out random phrases he’s accumulated from others over the years but they make no sense within the context of the lesson. I hope Tina just keeps rewatching her own footage from training with Lucinda and goes with those methods. Banksy looked ace and Tina seemed to gain so much confidence from Lucinda. Cam’s techniques are gonna end up putting her back to how she was a couple of years ago and getting nervous of her own horse all the time.

It was really uncomfortable to watch. Cam shouting ‘that’s a better canter’ when in reality Banksy looked out of control. Tina clearly says several times it feels too fast and she’s not comfortable. Her lesson in the morning looked much better. Cam really does seem to just shout out random phrases he’s accumulated from others over the years but they make no sense within the context of the lesson. I hope Tina just keeps rewatching her own footage from training with Lucinda and goes with those methods. Banksy looked ace and Tina seemed to gain so much confidence from Lucinda. Cam’s techniques are gonna end up putting her back to how she was a couple of years ago and getting nervous of her own horse all the time.
It's strange, because he doesn't ride like that himself, he sits really quietly and has a lovely calm rhythm on his own horses. That vlog with Tina looked out of control and flat and fast. Banksy looked so much better at Lucinda's. He looked like a very capable boy.

It's strange, because he doesn't ride like that himself, he sits really quietly and has a lovely calm rhythm on his own horses. That vlog with Tina looked out of control and flat and fast. Banksy looked so much better at Lucinda's. He looked like a very capable boy.
I feel like Cam didn’t like the fact Tina had lessons with Lucinda from some of the comments he said about Tina’s canter, I’m wondering if he’s doing it for that reason? I’ve never seen him train Tina to that speed before….. It’s out of control, flat and fast.

I feel like Cam didn’t like the fact Tina had lessons with Lucinda from some of the comments he said about Tina’s canter, I’m wondering if he’s doing it for that reason? I’ve never seen him train Tina to that speed before….. It’s out of control, flat and fast.
Agreed, it wasn’t his normal style with her. Not that I think his normal style is as amazing as Tina & Emily make it out to be. But it was just reckless having her careen around the arena with little to no control. And Banksy was just getting more and more riled up as they went.

I now I going to get hate for this I think this esme is as bad as Meg when it comes to advertising brands. this esme is sponsored by super high end Equine brands and is always dressed by high end fashion brands for her meet ups . I think the way she advertised her sponsors is clever. She still gets kids to buy her branded stuff and her books. If I was being completely truthful I say she is very different if you personally know her. She giving a squeaky clean YouTube channel because that’s how she earns massively money.

Reactions: 4
Tina’s lesson with Cam Banksy didn’t look half as good. The stop and all the chipping in, which she wasn’t getting in the lessons with Lucinda.
Cam’s comments on how she’s been working too much on control, had closed the canter off too much recently, makes me wonder if he has got an issue with the training with Lucinda.

I now I going to get hate for this I think this esme is as bad as Meg when it comes to advertising brands. this esme is sponsored by super high end Equine brands and is always dressed by high end fashion brands for her meet ups . I think the way she advertised her sponsors is clever. She still gets kids to buy her branded stuff and her books. If I was being completely truthful I say she is very different if you personally know her. She giving a squeaky clean YouTube channel because that’s how she earns massively money.
I hope what you are trying to say that in real life she is a complete foul mouthed raver and her angelic YouTube persona is all false 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I was going to quote one of the Esme posts but thread was full.....my 9 year old likes her vlogs and I'm comfortable with her watching them. She hasn't asked for a lemieux saddle pad yet 🙄. I get how the vlogs aren't everyone's thing, but I find her likeable and harmless. I've enjoyed some of them too, but yes, she can come across awkward when interviewing. Makes her relatable?!
Anyway, I don't show my daughter Harlow or Frankie's ponies, and she's not interested in VE squad. Esme works for that age I think and isn't problematic in the way the blogging kids/mums often are
Listening to her podcast she admitted she’s quite shy which would come across in certain vlogs. I also think the majority of adults that aren’t begginers are going to find her content boring but then we aren’t her target audience its younger less experienced people.
On another note who said Jam was in a pelham in the last thread? Doesn’t look like she’s in one in her latest post.

I think the pic/video Meg shared just showed a curb strap… could be on any bit
Listening to her podcast she admitted she’s quite shy which would come across in certain vlogs. I also think the majority of adults that aren’t begginers are going to find her content boring but then we aren’t her target audience its younger less experienced people.
On another note who said Jam was in a pelham in the last thread? Doesn’t look like she’s in one in her latest post.

Just seen the Tina vlog, was Cam trying to kill her😮 On what planet was that a ‘short 4’, I’m actually in disbelief watching this

Reactions: 3
id assume she is very different if you know her. we're all very aware YouTube is her job. her persona online vs her real life are two different things, nobody is squeaky clean and tbh I wouldnt care if she wasn't!

I hope what you are trying to say that in real life she is a complete foul mouthed raver and her angelic YouTube persona is all false 🤣
I’d rate it if she managed to balance horses and raving 🤣

• Haha
I haven’t watched the vlog but was her entry gifted? She’s been involved in the CC previously
Also this was an unaffiliated event so I’d expect the standard to be a bit lower across the section, maybe that influences it

I haven’t watched the vlog but was her entry gifted? She’s been involved in the CC previously
Also this was an unaffiliated event so I’d expect the standard to be a bit lower across the section, maybe that influences it
I’m starting to think it’s all a bit of a scam to some extent. There’s only so many sub-par dressage tests she can do and get away with people thinking they were judged fairly and deserving of a sub-30 score… (Jam is a lovely horse I’ll give her that, but I don’t think she can get away with this on Dee)

I also think I remember her speaking to the organiser of the CC last year too in her vlog, alongside previously being a BE ambassador I’m starting to wonder how real it all is…
---
Upon further investigate, here are the dressage scores for the section

Attachments

Last edited:
Well, I thought it was a good test, double clear inside the time. Seems a little overindulgent Meg bashing going on when all she's done in the latest vlog is event.
Now, if she'd cracked open that wine again.... :)

On another note - Em's latest vlog was much nicer to watch! Happy horse, happy rider, qualifiying with RC, lots to like.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.