Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dtfy

Was the DJ that was texting people really Nobby? I always liked him. Not surprised by America Gaelgoir...so many stories from girls as gigs

Reactions: 1
I can't get to the link on Joe.ie? I keep scrolling to get to comments and it's just thumbnails for more of their articles. Could you please post the link? Thank you!

I read it here but it now seems to be gone, it was dated as far as I can remember the 12th of Feb. Edited to add the comments are still up on Joe.ie Facebook page if anyone is interested in reading them.

jeepers

Have rte even said that he has left? I haven’t seen anything official about him leaving, very suspicious for him just to disappear without any statement

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I don't think anyone is saying he isn't sound or a nice chap. More that just because a successful sports person is well-regarded and has a bit of a following they put them into significant enough places on TV/radio. At the same time people who have worked their way up, know the industry and the technology cannot get a look in. The message that sends out is that if you have a good profile (e.g. successful sports career or an Insta following) you can by-pass the hard work that young people do coming straight out of school (internships, making the tea, doing a broadcasting course in a local College). Anna Geary is another former sports player who is on everything but I can't be sure why.
thats how media works, it’s rare anyone at RTÉ or virgin gets a job without contacts, I’d prefer a sports star to “daddy knows…..”

Another post of the dog from him again this evening with the “You’ve got a friend in me” song from Toy story playing over it. Obviously a nod to the fact a lot of his friends bailed on him except the dog.
Lads I'm confused is his relationship definitely over or has aoife a new guy on her instagram her account is private now? Anyone here know her irl?

As for the accusations, wasn't there another one on Twitter from a girl who said she'd been s.assaulted by him aged 18. Would make you wonder if she went any further with it like reporting it officially, and this was a real girl no anon. Screenshots further back

Ugh I cannot hack her , the columns in the Irish Times are infuriating.
If a girl wrote in saying that she was cheating on her boyfriend and also murdered the boyfriend's dog, Roe would still find a way to blame the man for it all
Would love to know what Roe thinks of this hole situation...

But at the same time... if such an accusation was passed around in 2017 and publicly disclosed in 2021, do you really believe a person or people hate Eoghan to such a degree to falsify it for 4 years?

My guess is there has to be at least some truth to it, and that poster above (who sounds like an insider or a family member tbh) just disclosed that sex did occur, but both parties differ on whether it was consensual or not

If it was a crazy completely made up allegation, he would have refuted it by now via a statement. A lawyer would not tell him any different
Sorry I don't understand what you mean by the first paragraph about falsifying it for 4 years? It was a 2017 tweet that was obviously sent to her by someone, she screenshotted it and posted it. So if it's fake and she took it as true and others shared it that's grounds for him to sue successfully no? Like is that why the account is gone? And even if she does have a case on her own merit this obviously doesn't help that, if she's admitted to lawyers that she posted a separate false allegation like that post says.

Goujon

Chatty Member
Paywall what it say? Anyone know if she even talks to eoghan anymore, I'd do anything to know her reaction when it all came out
Girl works in hospital. Sleeps with much older and more senior colleague. They stop sleeping together and remain on friendly terms. Now the older man has reconnected with an old flame and doesn't talk to the girl at all any more.

Roe tells the girl to tell HR everything

Dub1980

Louise Mc Sharry will be on air now at 9. I would say it's killing her not to be able to talk about it
She apparently attended the same secondary school as the presenter who has resigned or was fired from RTE this week. I wonder how she feels about her old classmate.

starryeyed10

VIP Member
Yeah it was also there when I clicked. Seems to be gone now. Can't believe he gutted the whole house to do it up like that.... 🙃.