Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eureka

VIP Member
Did we see this?? It seems the accuser has admitted the allegations were false... f*cking hell
Interesting letter from the solicitor. Lots of allegations made about him related to sexual misconduct, drugs etc. The letter doesn’t say ALL the allegations are false. You can be sure they would have stressed that point if everything in her account was untrue.

Reactions: 15

heaps

Just read that now: https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/eoghan-mcdermott-former-rte-stars-23921606

It's obvious he's laying low waiting for this sh1tstorm to pass and maybe dealing with some legal stuff if things progressed to that level, but the reality of what that must be like day-do-day is mind-boggling. Especially in a country like Ireland where people know people through people and the industry is so small. Is he sat watching Netflix in his and Aoife's home, walking the dog in the mornings and evenings? Or did he take a flight somewhere to get away from everything? How's he going to pay the mortgage? Is Aoife still going to work? How long can this period of exile last?
He’s still around. I saw him sitting out on his balcony having drinks with a few friends during the week

• Wow
  • Sad

Heidi77

VIP Member
Just going back to the story posted on Reddit by alleged victim. Firstly what direction did she think the friendship was going? Meeting in bars and going for food and drinks? People have a few drinks they get giddy and stupid and loose inhibitions. That's the norm. How many of us have had fumbles and gropes and it's all part of the bumpy ride. To publicly put that stuff out there is hugely damaging. Why did she hook up again with him after the incident in Spin headquarters. No matter what she has destroyed him. Not saying he's without blame but she has to now shoulder the responsibility of what's shes done. I personally couldn't live with it.
You're "not saying he is without blame" is she more to blame?

No way! I'm sorry to hear that, hadn't really thought about the impact of a long rugby career. Hope your husband is doing OK ❤
He’s no dozer (his words not mine 😝). Research into post-concussion syndrome has shown links between it and early onset dementia. I used to be a nurse in neurology and some scans from ex-players look like those from a car crash. Players give up when the knees start creaking but don’t even think about what’s going on in their head. I remember going to underage matches and kids getting knocks to the head but remaining on the pitch, managers leaving it up to children to take themselves off. It’s 20-30 years down the line that they really start to suffer. Education is key to making contact sport safe, headgear should be a must.

• Heart

Thegoodlife

VIP Member
As others have said, if there are any legal cases ongoing, they can't be accused of bias or influencing opinions. This is exactly the information that would be in any article when someone leaves RTE.

Look up other articles or social media posts when people have left RTE. It normally includes a quote or two from various RTE personalities saying how great they were etc. Nobody being quoted in the McDermott article is quite noticeable to me. Una O'Hagan left RTE for example and had multiple articles, tweets etc about her role at RTE including a feature on the RTE news.
Have you been sent here today from the rte press office to do a bit of damage control 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow

Heidi77

VIP Member
Yes I heard about Glen too. Wasn’t he in a relationship with someone who was underage and then became of age and they went public. Think that info is out there and it is a well known thing.

edited as just read someone else’s comment about it being a 13 year old co star. Can’t stand him or Eoghan. Big fish in small ponds.
That film he made was such a vanity project. I remember when David Bowie died and he flew to New York and stood ourside his apartment playing his guitar and singing. He is a sap.

• Haha
  • Sick
Eoghan will be hoping the longer this goes without widespread public knowledge, the quicker it fades away.

I only stay alert to it by checking this thread and searching on Twitter every few days. Most people I know were unaware about the allegations until I brought it up.

It's a complete mess with these recent events not helping the alleged victims at all.

Best case scenario for Eoghan is that he avoids jail time and accountability, but never works in media again. Will be amazed if there's no truth to this.

Sstar

I totally read it as being written by a man (and I'm a Dubliner). The main thing is the use of 'McDermott', that's more of a man's way of speaking - if you read through this thread most people refer to his first name, or full name, and I'm making assumptions that most of us are women on here!

The bit about the alleged victim saying she didn't report it because his dad was a high powered Garda doesn't ring true - I never read anywhere that she said that, and anyone who has ever listened to him on the radio would know that his parents were teachers (his Dad is an author but also involved in education).

I do think there were details in the original reddit post which maybe didn't add up, like the timing of the mention of Niall Horan and if I'm remembering correctly her going to the pub in her school uniform. But it also sounded like her contact with him went on for a period of time, during which he moved away and back again, so maybe the Niall Horan connection came later in their acquaintance. She might also have changed specific details to protect her identity. Either way I believe her. His disappearance and silence speaks volumes.

DailyGlitter

Christ Stephen and Tara Stewart are filling in for Doireann today and next week. They are beyond terrible. Did a quiz in their first few minutes and made a mistake, giving the prize to the man who hadn't won 😩 I'm turning off 😵
RTE is a joke - just a load of shit presenters.

NoMoreSpotlight

VIP Member
It is all very fishy. Other people who have been accused of allegations come out immediately to state that they are innocent, there's no truth to the claims and that they are going to do everything they can to prove they are innocent etc. One statement! Why didn't he do that? Also, looking closely into the letter shared it seems that there is a lot left unsaid. I don't think it's all as clearcut as that.

boarddotie

VIP Member
I've been following this story and thread ever since it first was mentioned on Doireann's thread. All the stories on here of women who have had horrendous experiences saddened me so much. Mainly how we blame ourselves or just accept that that is how it is. I easily recall three scenarios work related that were just not right. But I always said to myself it was my fault. But it ain't!!
1. I was at a work retreat where folks from lots of other branches were at it. There was a big junior (there to learn) vs senior (delivering the workshops, mentors, had power) divide. A good few of us ended up in the hot tub one night near the end. Probably two male senior and six female junior. One senior was the dad of one of the juniors so he was on best behaviour. The other senior, and I don't remember how this happened, started playing some game where suddenly his old sliver thin lips were coming towards me. I have no idea why or what. But my thoughts ever since were "what did I expect getting into a hot tub at 11pm with these old guys".
2. Work night out. Just me and one other colleague (Spanish, engaged) were last two standing. In pub starts grabbing my arse and pointing to this weird engagement ring that his GF made him wear and said "tonight this means nothing". I ran off and never spoke to him again at work. He was an excellent with a technical skill that I needed help with but could never ask. I believe my career suffered because I never got that help.
3. Foreign work trip, booze flowing (theme) on desserted hotel balcony with my female colleague and and a man from another site we had just met. He lunged at me for a kiss the minute my female colleague went to toilet. I said no, I have a boyfriend. He said "i didn't realise." Then I set about apologising for not mentioning my boyfriend before!!! My colleague and I flew straight to her room and I cried for hours as I felt I had betrayed my BF somehow and that maybe I gave the man the wrong idea. I was deva.

But now, looking back...none of these were my fault!!
Phew...all of these have remained in my head for a good few yrs x

• Heart

brandambassador

VIP Member
I see ‘opinion on everything, expert at nothing ‘ Stefanie ‘will do anything to build my following’ presiner is on RTÉ radio 1 this morning talking about cancel culture.. the irony

• Sick

IrishMeeja

Chatty Member
Spoke to my dad this morning he wouldn't be on the internet but avid reading of Irish papers and I told him all about the Eoghan stuff. He was surprized but not surprized it was being coveredup
It's not a "cover up". It's simply how cases like this have to be reported.

Two examples come to mind. One is George Gibney. The allegations against him were covered in the media and directly led to the case collapsing in court. The other is Tom Humphries. He was widely named on social media but never in the actual media. The case went to court and he was convicted.

If you want actual justice, you should be looking at the second example above.

So he disappeared into a cloud of suspicious rumours in March 2021, laid low for the balls of a year, reappeared for a momentary tweet in March 2022 with some level of response refuting some of the particular details of the accusation but not the accusation in its entirety...and now what? What the hell is Eoghan McDermott's plan and how is he stretching his RTE savings to last 15 months and counting?

Bloody strange, this one.

Thegoodlife

VIP Member
And Corrie’s mechanic Kevin and Louis Walsh and Cliff Richard.
Yes they did. If memory serves me correctly didn’t each one of them come out immediately and deny deny deny.

I could NOT stay silent if I was innocent. I don’t care what PR machine were behind me telling me not to I would not let it gain traction if I knew for a fact it was false.

starryeyed10

VIP Member
@Beeepbop22 just wondering how do you know for sure that they were falsely accused? Is it just cos they weren't convicted? That means nothing and doesn't mean they didn't do it. Our legal system and society is set up in a way that men are often not convicted even when they did do it.

• Heart

ChitChat2021

She is nearly due, I can’t imagine after the last 4 months of things being arseways that they would put someone in that will be on Mat leave soon. Plus, she’s on about €150k doing the very old and already reported on zeleb gossip during the daytime. I can’t see it happening. It would mean a step down & i can’t see her going for something so rough on the body just before having her first baby

Carl is in 2fm nearly 10 years. He does the weekend breakfast. He comes across as a very nice, respectable guy & someone who has earned his place for such a slot

Definitely agree with this. I’m all for feminism and women having the same opportunities as men. However, Eoghan was the only male on between mon-fri. I don’t think that is fair or equal
Lottie is not on €150k or even near that amount, where did you pull that figure from?!