Enjoying Being Emma #3 Always moaning about James and John. Everyday something's wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Quick google search & I’ve read the ofstrd report for the nursery.
Whilst Ofsted isn’t the be all & end all, & she would know that as a teacher, i wouldn’t want my child to go there especially a baby & she’s only has just gone back to work so surely she could have easily going alternative childcare?

Reactions: 5
I am completely baffled by her! I would be looking into their OFSTED as they obviously aren’t safeguarding or supporting the children yet she’s complaining about the lack of funding?! Christ alive her priorities are absolutely whacked!
complains £400 a week yet the money she spends on herself is shocking.. I am genuinely gobsmacked by her

Reactions: 6
Her post almost comes across to me like shes just inconvienienced that she might loose her childcare and we all know she needs to get rid of the kids so she can do her precious job, and she's more concerned how much it's going to cost her!! No mention of what's best for the kids!!!

Reactions: 4
Why is she complaining to the council though?
She should be complaining about the nursery getting inadequate. Not the council.

So her nursery didn’t get a good ofsted? As an educator I’d be more worried about the level of care and education my child gets over 30 free hours. He priorities for her children are bizarre
It must have been rated inadequate. I’d be more concerned that it has been judged as to is than fighting to save a £ a week. Why pay £400 a week for childcare that clearly falls below the expected level?

I know £400 is a lot per week… but that’s for 2 children full time… seems quite cheap to be honest! We were paying £240 a week for 4 days a week last year before the funding kicked in last September! The nursery we use is quite cheap in comparison to some others my colleagues use in bigger towns! I can guess her salary - and his is probably quite good too - so they should be in a position to afford it! A few less ‘mummy treats’ should pay for a good chunk of it!

Reactions: 8
I’m sorry but if my sons nursery just failed it’s ofsted for safeguarding issues he would be straight out of there

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m sorry but if my sons nursery just failed it’s ofsted for safeguarding issues he would be straight out of there
Exactly. Her stupid job that she's already moaning about after 1 week back, seems to be the most important thing. And her stories of tears don't wash with me either.

Exactly. Her stupid job that she's already moaning about after 1 week back, seems to be the most important thing. And her stories of tears don't wash with me either.
She always posts about doing the right thing by the kids after she's read here.

I've known childcare providers unable to provide the funding if they have an inadequate grading.

I've just found what I assume is the nursery in question. OMG I would be getting my kids out of there AT ONCE.

Reactions: 10
If it’s the nursery I’ve just found, I would want my kids out of there

So she works in education yet seems to have sent her children to an awful nursery. Rather than being concerned that the nursery is bad and looking for somewhere else, she’s more worried about the money just in case she has to look after her own kids or have less money to spend on herself

£400 a week sounds like an astronomical amount but that’s £40 per day per child, we pay £48 which is completely standard in my local area (north) so £40 really isn’t that expensive.
I get that they will have other expenses but she’s been a teacher for years so will be on a high pay grade, I think she had a head of department or something too? Even if not though she will probably be on £35-38k. John will be on a decent salary too. £400 a week certainly isn’t unaffordable, plenty of parents manage their just cut back for the few years they have to pay for full time childcare.

Why are the nursery emailing her to collect Hattie? 🤔
Surely they'd call? 🤔 Especially if it was urgent?
I've never known a nursery to Email to collect.
Maybe it's a modern thing, it's been a while since I've worked in a EY setting 😂

Her wording is so bizarre! ‘Until she’s able to go back to nursery’ …. Not ‘when she’s feeling better’ or ‘I’ll keep her off for the rest of the week for 1:1 mummy time’. Always seems annoyed she’s unable to work!!

Her wording is so bizarre! ‘Until she’s able to go back to nursery’ …. Not ‘when she’s feeling better’ or ‘I’ll keep her off for the rest of the week for 1:1 mummy time’. Always seems annoyed she’s unable to work!!
How can she guarantee Hattie will be well enough to go back after 2 days?! Just because she’s all smiles doesn’t mean she won’t be sick/have diarrhoea/temp /whatever the reason her being sent home was still tomorrow and need to be off a further 48hrs. Bet she’s one of these parents that tell their kid not to say anything about being sick in the night so she can dump them in school and go off to work, meanwhile passing the bug around the whole class.

Who emails in an emergency about a baby?!!!!!
They dont!! I have never known an education setting to email about anything deemed urgent. If they did, I hate to say it but I can kinda understand the Ofsted result, as they should be ringing.

They dont!! I have never known an education setting to email about anything deemed urgent. If they did, I hate to say it but I can kinda understand the Ofsted result, as they should be ringing.
Maybe she told them not to ring her in work…!

We are not meant to use our mobiles in class so nursery know to call my school directly if I don’t answer my phone - if they emailed me whilst I’m teaching it would be the end of the day before I’d read the message!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.