Enjoying Being Emma #3 Always moaning about James and John. Everyday something's wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How dry would that potato be, I'd rather have the butter and half the cheese

Reactions: 3
How about just let them play?
I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old at home all day long every day and they play... I don't have to spend every day figuring out how to keep them entertained.
This is what happens when you set up play constantly and don't let James use his imagination. He doesn't know how to play on his own.

Also.. "I had a jacket potato so I'm too full for chips"
Pleaseeee šŸ˜‚ she had 1 potato 6 hours ago with some cheese.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
How about just let them play?
I have a 3 year old and a 10 month old at home all day long every day and they play... I don't have to spend every day figuring out how to keep them entertained.
This is what happens when you set up play constantly and don't let James use his imagination. He doesn't know how to play on his own.

Also.. "I had a jacket potato so I'm too full for chips"
Pleaseeee šŸ˜‚ she had 1 potato 6 hours ago with some cheese.
This whole ā€œset things up for themā€ is used by a lot of ā€œinsta mumsā€ and it just makes your life a misery! Not letting kids get bored and use their imagination means you will forever be thinking of ways to entertain them! They need to learn how to entertain themselves then life as a parent is just a bit easier! She really is a fun sponge. Let them chose their own entertainment!

Reactions: 4
No Emma, you are a control freak. even before Hattie you planned Jamesā€™ toys. Obviously before Hattie, James didnā€™t get enough ā€˜attentionā€™ either, as you say. If he wants to Play trains all day then so be it. Maybe bring some toys to the top of the toy box for rotation but let his imagination run. When youā€™re feeding Hattie, thatā€™s sit down quietly and watch TV time. Nappy changes are two minute jobs, why do you need to have him occupied for that? He can sort himself. Oh wait he doesnā€™t know how to because youā€™ve controlled and still control everything in his life thus far.

Edit: even better, get him involved in feeds and nappy change. Real life role play. Oh wait, you wonā€™t be in full control because someone else will be taking charge of something you want to own.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
No Emma, you are a control freak. even before Hattie you planned Jamesā€™ toys. Obviously before Hattie, James didnā€™t get enough ā€˜attentionā€™ either, as you say. If he wants to Play trains all day then so be it. Maybe bring some toys to the top of the toy box for rotation but let his imagination run. When youā€™re feeding Hattie, thatā€™s sit down quietly and watch TV time. Nappy changes are two minute jobs, why do you need to have him occupied for that? He can sort himself. Oh wait he doesnā€™t know how to because youā€™ve controlled and still control everything in his life thus far.

Edit: even better, get him involved in feeds and nappy change. Real life role play. Oh wait, you wonā€™t be in full control because someone else will be taking charge of something you want to own.
Her nappy changes must take forever because she apparently has dry cracked hands from constantly nappy changing šŸ˜‚

3 kids and I've never had dry cracked hands from changing nappies

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Her nappy changes must take forever because she apparently has dry cracked hands from constantly nappy changing šŸ˜‚

The things she comes out with she's honestly on another planet!

Me neither!
2 kids and never felt the need to organise their toys for the day. Weā€™ve played happily together, the older one understood that the little one has different needs (because we talked about it) and at feeding time she played happily on her own, or helped me when she wanted to šŸ˜•

Reactions: 5
She says she does it she enjoys watching them play? She moans daily how much of a struggle she finds it! She really needs to read back what she writes on the daily because it comes across as she would rather be anywhere else then at home with her two children. Iv been a SAHM for 9 years and never found it as hard as she has. Not saying it isnā€™t hard, of course it is! But she literally finds the most negative things from each day and makes a massive deal about it. Kids are allowed to have a tantrum too, it helps them explore their emotions and kids need to learn they donā€™t get our attention 24/7 if something else takes priority ie another child needs a nappy change. They need to learn to be independent even if just for a few minutes! Hate people who do all they can to avoid a tantrum, thatā€™s just giving into the child surely?!

Reactions: 9
I have a hyper 3 year old and a 12 week old and don't feel the need to set things up or have to tell my eldest what to play with. By 8am he has pulled every toy out and the lounge is a mess but we put it all back in the evening ready to go again the next day. He has plenty of toddler meltdowns (what 3 year old doesn't) but I've never had a problem whilst changing a nappy or feeding, I just chat to him while he is playing or watching tv šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 5
She says she does it she enjoys watching them play? She moans daily how much of a struggle she finds it! She really needs to read back what she writes on the daily because it comes across as she would rather be anywhere else then at home with her two children. Iv been a SAHM for 9 years and never found it as hard as she has. Not saying it isnā€™t hard, of course it is! But she literally finds the most negative things from each day and makes a massive deal about it. Kids are allowed to have a tantrum too, it helps them explore their emotions and kids need to learn they donā€™t get our attention 24/7 if something else takes priority ie another child needs a nappy change. They need to learn to be independent even if just for a few minutes! Hate people who do all they can to avoid a tantrum, thatā€™s just giving into the child surely?!
Totally agree. God I know some days are hard (mine are 3, 18 months and 6 months) but I just don't understand why EVERY SINGLE DAY is such a struggle with her being alone with 2 kids

Reactions: 4
Sheā€™s a control freak, nothing more nothing less. She likes to play the woe is me card, and portray this very old fashioned SAHM lifestyle where she cooks and cleans. She hasnā€™t relaxed into motherhood and enjoyed it and deep down I think she resents the fact it isnā€™t what she thought it would be.

If James is at nursery, then he should have the social skills to occupy himself wirhout the need of others cos I hate the break it to you Em but they donā€™t have 1:1 play support thereā€¦ unless of course he has needs she hasnā€™t declared yet šŸ¤”

Have we heard him speak yet in these oh so eloquent sentences he does? As Iā€™m sure if he is that advanced he would understand his little sister needs Mummy more right now and play independently whilst she cares for her. Also whatā€™s wrong with trains all day; if thatā€™s what he wants so be it. He will get bored in his own time.

She's absolutely missing the point .....what's she's describing is still all controlled and instigated by her!!!
It's not James just rumaging around his toy box and playing with whatever he finds, making dens out of the sofa cushions, dressing up in what ever is in the wash basket or some high heels off the shoe rack that kind of imaginery play.

Reactions: 7
I just don't have the energy to be doing that daily. My kids play. Even my 10 month old plays independently and has done for months.

She's constantly on top of James. Whenever she posts photos or a video of what he's doing, her hand is in it or she's so close to him constantly.
I don't think she's ever posted a photo from a distance with her sitting on the sofa and he's just playing.
Even with Hattie she's never just on the floor by herself, she's on top of them both within arms reach 24/7

Reactions: 1
I don't believe these companies are paying her! Anyone can put paid partnership or ad on their posts!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.