Enjoying Being Emma #2 Headaches every single day, James don’t mess up that tuff tray

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
gosh isn’t James a little cutie!!

her recent post could of saved her so much time by just saying that James has played for most of the day. Why does she think we care anyway?

when I had my baby,I posted once on Instagram with a photo announcing the birth and didn’t go on it again for at least a few weeks. I was too busy focusing on trying to pump enough milk, navigating around having a newborn..
I realise this is her 2nd so she’ll find it easier this time round but James is still young himself so it must be quite demanding to have two little ones.
I couldn't imagine anything worse 10 days after birth, probably still bleeding, than to be running round after a toddler at soft play.
She doesn't seem to be able to just sit down and rest

Reactions: 8
I couldn't imagine anything worse 10 days after birth, probably still bleeding, than to be running round after a toddler at soft play.
She doesn't seem to be able to just sit down and rest
Oh good lord no. I’ve only had one baby so not sure if it’s different second time round buy those stitches would still be tender 😬 ouch. I went for a walk around a national trust place a week after and came back feeling like I was carrying a bowling ball between my legs.

maybe I’m just a wimp 😂
Although I did cook dinner and clean very soon after having my son. Just to get some routine and normality and healthy grub in me. So I stick by her desire to carry on. Just not running round play centres and counting calories or syns 😳

Reactions: 5
Her latest posts almost seem a backtrack from her struggling post. The need to remain perfect life on SM is strong with Ems. And one of the reasons I unfollowed her.

Reactions: 9
Oh good lord no. I’ve only had one baby so not sure if it’s different second time round buy those stitches would still be tender 😬 ouch. I went for a walk around a national trust place a week after and came back feeling like I was carrying a bowling ball between my legs.

maybe I’m just a wimp 😂
Although I did cook dinner and clean very soon after having my son. Just to get some routine and normality and healthy grub in me. So I stick by her desire to carry on. Just not running round play centres and counting calories or syns 😳
On my 3rd, and whilst with my 2nd I had a lot of issues, with my 3rd, I didn't have much pain with the stitches, still tender. But even if she had no stitches or anything, just the uncomfortable feeling and all that after birth.
I find it bad enough going somewhere during a period feeling yucky, nevermind afterbirth 😂 she can't have been feeling great with the high blood pressure either!

Each to their own but when the rest is available, take it! 😬

Reactions: 4
It is* hard dealing with loss and pregnancy close together ( I have experienced this personally) but she's incredibly rude. People comment to give her support all the time, before and after her loss/pregnancies and she totally blanks them. Yet you will then see her pop up licking the arses of all the big slimming world accounts and others she deems worthy. I struggle to find sympathy for someone like that. She's very manipulative.

Reactions: 12
I think she needs a social media break. Not just because she's boring AF, but I think she's struggling. It's obvious. One minute life is wonderful and the next she's in tears. All complely normal having just had a baby but she need support not social media.

Reactions: 10
I think she needs a social media break. Not just because she's boring AF, but I think she's struggling. It's obvious. One minute life is wonderful and the next she's in tears. All complely normal having just had a baby but she need support not social media.
Absolutely.
I remember the midwives saying to me after I had my baby, ‘over the next few days you’ll become quite tearful & low, due to the hormone changes’.

I underestimated how tearful and low I was going to be, it hit me so hard. I cried over EVERYTHING. I really really tried to be happy & grateful that I finally had my baby in my arms but hell I also just wanted to curl up in bed and just cry it out! Thankfully it only lasted a few days.
I feel it’s not talked about enough, the 4th trimester, it’s bloody hard work & even if it’s not your 1st baby it’s still a massive change to your body & life. there’s such a huge pressure on women to just carry on as normal after having a baby, no one gets any medals or awards for doing so.
I remember a friend of mine said to me when I fell pregnant ‘make sure you enjoy just the 3 of you for a couple of days before you have any visitors or do anything, I wish I did’. she went to a wedding reception after the birth of her 1st baby, she walked straight out of the hospital in a dress all done up & the baby met all of her family at this wedding. She not only gave birth to a 10lber, she also had stitches so must of been in a lot of pain but she felt obliged to go!
duck that, sod everyone else, sod social media, stop trying to please everyone & stop pretending life is full of roses after having a baby because it really isn’t!!

edit: I’d like to add that there are women out there who are able to carry on as normal and feel ok doing so, that’s great , but I wish it was normalised if you don’t bounce back straight away. If that’s makes any sense?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Absolutely.
I remember the midwives saying to me after I had my baby, ‘over the next few days you’ll become quite tearful & low, due to the hormone changes’.

I underestimated how tearful and low I was going to be, it hit me so hard. I cried over EVERYTHING. I really really tried to be happy & grateful that I finally had my baby in my arms but hell I also just wanted to curl up in bed and just cry it out! Thankfully it only lasted a few days.
I feel it’s not talked about enough, the 4th trimester, it’s bloody hard work & even if it’s not your 1st baby it’s still a massive change to your body & life. there’s such a huge pressure on women to just carry on as normal after having a baby, no one gets any medals or awards for doing so.
I remember a friend of mine said to me when I fell pregnant ‘make sure you enjoy just the 3 of you for a couple of days before you have any visitors or do anything, I wish I did’. she went to a wedding reception after the birth of her 1st baby, she walked straight out of the hospital in a dress all done up & the baby met all of her family at this wedding. She not only gave birth to a 10lber, she also had stitches so must of been in a lot of pain but she felt obliged to go!
duck that, sod everyone else, sod social media, stop trying to please everyone & stop pretending life is full of roses after having a baby because it really isn’t!!
oh yes the baby blues, just as your milk comes in. It’s very tough and I think a lot of men (god love them) think it’s all back to normal after birth. It isn’t. It’s a tit show and I’d had so much more respect for her if she just admitted that!

God, the woman's posting about what bloody size her clothes are now 🤦🏻‍♀️ she's JUST had a baby - does it sodding matter your skirt is a 14 and your cardigan a 10?!

It's not healthy (in my opinion) this close to birth to be worrying about what size you're in... And I know her post was her trying to claim she IS happy - most people don't post a photo days after birth stating their clothing size and preaching happiness with their body.

Reactions: 8
God, the woman's posting about what bloody size her clothes are now 🤦🏻‍♀️ she's JUST had a baby - does it sodding matter your skirt is a 14 and your cardigan a 10?!

It's not healthy (in my opinion) this close to birth to be worrying about what size you're in... And I know her post was her trying to claim she IS happy - most people don't post a photo days after birth stating their clothing size and preaching happiness with their body.
She said she felt unhappy carrying on wearing maternity clothes after giving birth so she's wearing John's clothes instead?
Surely that's worse?
Maternity clothes aren't just for when you're pregnant. They're for afterwards too. Just because they're labeled maternity doesn't mean you have to feel bad about them.

She said she felt unhappy carrying on wearing maternity clothes after giving birth so she's wearing John's clothes instead?
Surely that's worse?
Maternity clothes aren't just for when you're pregnant. They're for afterwards too. Just because they're labeled maternity doesn't mean you have to feel bad about them.
Don’t they say that your body doesn’t return to what it was previously until at least 6+months after baby? I could of got this completely wrong
I guess unless you are mega lucky & instantly snap back then I think it does take a while to go back properly

Don’t they say that your body doesn’t return to what it was previously until at least 6+months after baby? I could of got this completely wrong
I guess unless you are mega lucky & instantly snap back then I think it does take a while to go back properly
Pretty sure that's the case! Something like that!

Certainly more than 2 weeks like she currently is anyway!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Maybe she doesn’t know many people who’ve had babies? I’m definitely still wearing maternity stuff 12 weeks pp it’s totally normal like someone else said that’s what it’s for!

Her baby is totes cute though 🥰

Reactions: 3
Surely that's worse?
Think I wore maternity clothes for about 6 years after my kids were born. She overthinks everything so much and makes it all a negative!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.