English Channel migrant crossing crisis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But let’s not forget their human rights… 🙃
Just googled it….Say it’s not true 🤢
---

I will say it’s interesting this all comes out after the protest. It’s like giving more fuel to the fire - I’ve seen plenty of people excusing the violent behaviour and pointing at this as a part of the reason
Not a thought for the victims of these crimes and excusing the perpetrators because they happen to be migrants/ asylum seekers, refugee’s, you really think communities aren’t being put in danger by these men and everyone is far right , let’s hope it doesn’t come knocking on your own door 🙄
Maybe the reason it’s not being reported on and the public placed in greater danger is because of community backlash, and the government know it.
I saw one of the hotels has a path that leads to a nursery school, imagine how those parents and teachers feel with hundreds of unknown young men right beside them.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
E78C0F77-FF1C-45A4-AD96-DAE86D97F8CB.png

Kicking off in Liverpool, people are not happy - comments on this post, people are furious and it’s only going to get worse

• Angry
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
I will say it’s interesting this all comes out after the protest. It’s like giving more fuel to the fire - I’ve seen plenty of people excusing the violent behaviour and pointing at this as a part of the reason
That's even hard to claim because it's all chicken and egg. These stories are why people have such negative feelings. Of course, these stories are important to be reported on, we need to know what's going on in society no matter who is doing it, but it's not balanced.

Not a thought for the victims of these crimes and excusing the perpetrators because they happen to be migrants/ asylum seekers, refugee’s,
Just because I didn’t start my comment with how horrible it is doesn’t mean I’m doing this lol

imagine how those parents and teachers feel with hundreds of unknown young men right beside them.
Probably the same way they feel about any unknown strange men, especially if they have no reason to be hanging around there

View attachment 1956445

Kicking off in Liverpool, people are not happy - comments on this post, people are furious and it’s only going to get worse
We have demos over bail hostels being located next to schools and communities yet the government feel this is acceptable 😡
---

Just because I didn’t start my comment with how horrible it is doesn’t mean I’m doing this lol

Probably the same way they feel about any unknown strange men, especially if they have no reason to be hanging around there
Yet they can’t express it or people like yourself be be branding them a certain way 🙄
Sorry you feel the rape of a child is amusing I’m sure her parents aren’t laughing, nor she 🤢

I think we'd all agree that those who commit crimes should be dealt with properly.

Saying asylum seekers shouldn't be treated like criminals without doing wrong isn't the same as saying they should be left alone when they do commit crimes. Hope that helps.
In principle I tend to agree with your comment but the balance of justice for victims in these sorts of cases isn’t good enough and that’s why buttons are being pressed. Got to take the rough with the smooth, can’t just welcome everyone in (inc rapists, murderers, peados, people with mental health issues) and expect the general public to tolerate it because they all claim they’ve had a hard life.

I have sympathy for GENUINE asylum seekers fleeing war, but not if they’re genuine fleeing war but fall into one of the above categories.

That's even hard to claim because it's all chicken and egg. These stories are why people have such negative feelings. Of course, these stories are important to be reported on, we need to know what's going on in society no matter who is doing it, but it's not balanced.
Like a said community’s have always opposed bail hostel’s because they’re a threat to public safety ,these hotels are that tenfold because the backgrounds of these people are unknown.
76617B5C-B6A1-4B07-8131-7D528E3580AB.jpeg
862DE98D-B880-4EEE-A2E4-B82E6E52A20F.jpeg
211955D7-8C97-4E20-97BD-7153B32A3452.png

And it still doesn't justify throwing missiles at a hotel and setting police vans on fire. Let's say there are around 1,000 people seeking asylum in a hotel, one is found to be committing a crime. By that sentiment, if one person in a small village with a population of 1,000 committed a crime, should the whole village be attacked? Even if 50 people in that village were found to be criminals, does it still justify attacking the 1,000?

And people need to realise that when asylum seekers are being defended, that defence is for the majority whose claims are accepted because they genuinely need refuge, not because they want to siphon resources or commit crimes.

Reactions: 1
Yet they can’t express it or people like yourself be be branding them a certain way 🙄
Sorry you feel the rape of a child is amusing I’m sure her parents aren’t laughing, nor she 🤢
You’ve taken this completely wrong just to have something else to be outraged by and make a weird point, but go off

A reminder that not everyone who doesn’t speak English is an asylum claimant
---

And it still doesn't justify throwing missiles at a hotel and setting police vans on fire. Let's say there are around 1,000 people seeking asylum in a hotel, one is found to be committing a crime. By that sentiment, if one person in a small village with a population of 1,000 committed a crime, should the whole village be attacked? Even if 50 people in that village were found to be criminals, does it still justify attacking the 1,000?

And people need to realise that when asylum seekers are being defended, that defence is for the majority whose claims are accepted because they genuinely need refuge, not because they want to siphon resources or commit crimes.
A lot of people on Twitter rightfully pointed out that there is no such anger for when a British man does it. Nor is there such anger that rape has basically been decriminalised - which makes the allegation that much worse as a successful outcome does not seem very likely, unless the stats are better for young offenders

• Angry
Reactions: 2
You’ve taken this completely wrong just to have something else to be outraged by and make a weird point, but go off

A reminder that not everyone who doesn’t speak English is an asylum claimant
My mistake I thought LOL meant laugh out loud, not Lots Of Love 🙄
---

What do you mean doesn’t speak English?

My mistake I thought LOL meant laugh out loud, not Lots Of Love 🙄
That was very much directed at the way you took my post when I didn’t say anything of the sort

hope the clarity helps

In principle I tend to agree with your comment but the balance of justice for victims in these sorts of cases isn’t good enough and that’s why buttons are being pressed. Got to take the rough with the smooth, can’t just welcome everyone in (inc rapists, murderers, peados, people with mental health issues) and expect the general public to tolerate it because they all claim they’ve had a hard life.

I have sympathy for GENUINE asylum seekers fleeing war, but not if they’re genuine fleeing war but fall into one of the above categories.
Of course, the argument has never been to accept all sorts, just not to make judgments on face value. It's when people hear/read the words "migrant" or "asylum seeker" and automatically assume that person is a criminal that it becomes unhelpful.

We can limit the number of bad characters by:
  • opening legal routes so they never enter in the first place
  • processing claims quickly so we can assess if they are in genuine need, allow them to find legal employment, stop relying on the state and integrate
  • deporting people on non-flimsy grounds
These have never not been arguments made by people who defend asylum seekers.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
That was very much directed at the way you took my post when I didn’t say anything of the sort

hope the clarity helps
I don’t think I took your post anyway ? Only in the way I described it, which is you make excuses for the perpetrators , no sympathy for the victims, then label the communities in certain ways, nobody wants violence .
Ironically you’re doing exactly what you’re accusing others of ,which is tarring everyone with the same brush .

Okay. How do you weed out the "genuine asylum seekers" from the "not genuine"?

Okay. How do you weed out the "genuine asylum seekers" from the "not genuine"?
By opening up holding centres far away from community settings until you’ve established who these people are, where are the woman and children? I noticed lots of comments about how traumatised these men in hotels were because they witnessed horrific abuse of their wives and children, yet they leave them in that situation and save themselves 🙄 FFS .

Like a said community’s have always opposed bail hostel’s because they’re a threat to public safety ,these hotels are that tenfold because the backgrounds of these people are unknown.
A bail hostel is for people who have actually been charged with a crime, so the presence of criminality is more probable than not. Especially when we consider what it takes to be charged, i.e evidence of a crime.

Unless you're insinuating that asylum seekers are naturally criminals, I don't see why a hotel full of people justifies a protest.

Most of us interact with people on a daily basis whose backgrounds we can't verify. When you go a concert, the cinema, public transport... anywhere with a large crowd, you don't know the criminality of these people either.

So on what basis are we assuming asylum seekers may have a worrisome background, if not face-value discrimination?

As I understand it, the government started using hotels because the increase in the number of asylum seekers and catastrophic collapse of the asylum processing system meant that the 'temporary' accommodation (such as RAF Manston) was overflowing. Then people started complaining about the use of hotels so the government said that they were planning to open 'holding centres' e.g at military bases, holiday camps etc. Of course people close to facilities have protested about those plans too and some have been abandoned. I'm not clear where these other 'holding centres' "far away from communities" are but apparently the government hasn't thought of using those.

A bail hostel is for people who have actually been charged with a crime, so the presence of criminality is more probable than not. Especially when we consider what it takes to be charged, i.e evidence of a crime.

Unless you're insinuating that asylum seekers are naturally criminals, I don't see why a hotel full of people justifies a protest.

Most of us interact with people on a daily basis whose backgrounds we can't verify. When you go a concert, the cinema, public transport... anywhere with a large crowd, you don't know the criminality of these people either.

So on what basis are we assuming asylum seekers may have a worrisome background, if not face-value discrimination?
Who have served their time and deemed safe to enter society again, that doesn’t make them safe, nor does allowing thousands of unknown, undocumented individuals into community settings make communities racist for speaking out against those threats.I can’t even take a pic of my child in a school show (due to child protection )yet you think it’s acceptable to house hundreds of unknown men next to schools, I’m assuming you thought it was wrong to vet those that took in Ukrainian asylum seekers too 🙄