English Channel migrant crossing crisis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a little trawl round Twitter this morning. There's an awful lot of claim and counter claim and very few facts. The video posted upthread seems to have been a catalyst (I'm assuming it's true). There's a newspaper report that the police wanted to speak to the man involved and and others that someone had been arrested. There are plenty of allegations of other incidents circulating on social media e.g. one involving man and woman from the hotel trying to abduct children and another saying that there are no women in the hotel.

Inevitably people supporting the protest are claiming that it was just 'concerned parents'. However there are tweets circulated a few days ago advertising the planned protest and most that I looked at are by people with a particular 'viewpoint' that extends beyond 'concern' about specific incidents; more of the 'patriotic', 'stop immigration', 'illegals on benefits' (and worse) perspective.

There's also a tweet alleging that recently the estate opposite the hotel was leafletted with the usual "illegal immigrant / 5 star hotel" nonsense which might indicate an element of planning to excite opinion beyond a spontaneous protest by 'concerned parents'. There are suggestions that the situation has been exploited if not stage managed by "The Patriotic Alternative" group which can only be described as a far right / nazi organisation. Coincidentally James Mac (a.k.a James Costello) one of PA's most active campaigners is based in Kirkby on Merseyside.

To be fair It's also clear that a counter protest was organised which included 'anti-facists' and the police say they were dealing with two protests which led to missiles being thrown. There's a video from one of the 'concerned parent' protestors saying the police incited them to set fire to the police van by leaving it parked near them!

One thing I am sure about is the the government will be loving this. Anti-immigrant / channel crossing sentiment is about the only positive emotion they can muster these days. For now at least it might be the only thing they can mobilise to encourage people to vote for them. Lee Anderson wasn't given the job of Deputy Party Chairman because of his leadership and organisational skills.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Sounds like they set someone up to bait a suspected asylum seeker. Even if it shows that some sort of education should be given on expectations of behaviour due to cultural differences or whatever (seems to be suggested by the video too), it’s not done with “good” intentions and leads to problems like the above
I suspect that. The man in the video is nasty either way, baited or not he's undeniably telling someone who he thinks is 15 that it's good and he wants them to be his girlfriend.

But I've seen two angles of this interaction, the girl's POV and someone taking pics from afar as they're speaking. So there were two cameras on him. Also, it means someone else saw and was present during the action, but instead of intervening to protect this child, they took pictures to share on social media.

From what I can gather on social media, there have been ill feelings in the community towards the hotel and it's visitors for a while, but the actions of this creep have been used as a reason to protest.

The guy speaking to the 15 year old happened 30 minutes away from the hotel and apart from his foreign accent, there's nothing solid to suggest that he's a refugee or staying at the hotel.

Reactions: 3
The funding for Ukraine must be getting scaled back.
---

Police did receive a report of the incident

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 2

Interesting insight. Appears to be very problematic as it would fuel the very same actions

I’m guessing the lack of statement (that I see) is caused by the exact issue that the response would not be enough

The incident of the man flirting with a 15 year old is one for the police to rightfully deal with. But how do we know the man is one of the refugees staying at the hotel which is a 30 minute walk away? Therefore, how do we know that the protest against those in the hotel was warranted?

Interesting insight. Appears to be very problematic as it would fuel the very same actions

I’m guessing the lack of statement (that I see) is caused by the exact issue that the response would not be enough
One of the Home Office's remit is to cut crime so by extension they would be supportive of the police first and foremost.

But their lack of a statement is interesting considering how quick they are to comment on leftie lawyers, extinction rebellion etc etc. And also, I assume the hotel is under their control? So wouldn't they also have a responsibility to minimise disruption at a location they have organised refugees to stay at?

Maybe whoever was filming , followed him? If it was a set up why wouldn’t they get as much info as possible for the police, including where he lives?

Confirmation (if it were needed) that last night's 'protest' in Knowsley was at least infiltrated if not orchestrated by the `UK's largest racist organisation 'Patriotic Alternative'

twitter_FooyvjjWYBEvNjG.jpg

• Sick
I'm not match for most men but if I saw a concerning interaction between a man and a CHILD, I wouldn't stand across the road taking pictures. And if I did take pictures, I'd go to the suspected hotel or the police with them.

It's hard to get proof of most things but a conversation which doesn't seem worrying from a distance is caught on multiple cameras?

And if this was about protecting children or tackling peadophilia, then there should be protests up and down the country... Starting at Buckingham Palace.

And the cause seems blurry, some say it was because of the creepy man but the screenshot Moth shared looks like it's about migrants refugees in general.

some say it was because of the creepy man but the screenshot Moth shared looks like it's about migrants refugees in general
I think it could be both. If everything was captured with the intention of causing rage and then shared online, it's easy for the far-right groups to turn violent and have a bit of an excuse for it and it's probably more likely the locals will get involved

Generally, these groups are very smart about the way they can kick up public support for their actions and look justified without the far-right racist angle being so obvious
Plenty of far-right groups in America are instructed by their leaders to dress and act a certain way, to not carry specific symbols or guns because it makes it harder for the news to call them out for their behaviour and they generally look less threatening

I’ve already posted numerous times that the protests are being orchestrated, that’s not a secret, there was a man in court in ROI and banned from attending or organising any gatherings.
---

There’s a protest ongoing today from 1pm outside the television studios in ROI , there’s been journalists followed to their cars and houses attacked when people speak out against the marchers.
---

Last edited:
Freudian autocorrect ... "the UK's largest racist organisation 'Patriotic Alternative'" was supposed to read "the UK's largest fascist organisation 'Patriotic Alternative'". Although the former probably applies equally well.

This carry on only adds to the community disgust and makes it easier for far right groups to gather local support, police and government don’t want to know, they have nowhere else to put these people.

This carry on only adds to the community disgust and makes it easier for far right groups to gather local support, police and government don’t want to know, they have nowhere else to put these people.
Wow so much clarity in that one video!

Jokes aside, I have been looking at some of the accounts and Twitter posts and it's amazing how they manage to twist words and facts to make themselves look like victims. It's also amazing that the vast majority seem to have an association with some group but say that they're just concerned locals. Not that you can't be both at once but the math isn't adding up very nicely imo

Wow so much clarity in that one video!

Jokes aside, I have been looking at some of the accounts and Twitter posts and it's amazing how they manage to twist words and facts to make themselves look like victims. It's also amazing that the vast majority seem to have an association with some group but say that they're just concerned locals. Not that you can't be both at once but the math isn't adding up very nicely imo
It’s innocent concerned locals will be sucked in,young people will be easily influenced, it’s exactly the same way paramilitary organisations work and thrive off communities, here they’ve burnt accommodation that was supposedly to be used for migrants after beds and Furniture were being taken in.

Quoting Mark Collett tweets? Mark bleeping Collett!

Leader of 'Patriotic Alternative', anti-semetic, white supremacist, pro-Russia, Neo-Nazi, promotor of 'Mein Kampf', "AIDS is a “friendly disease” because “blacks, drug users and gays have it”

That Mark Collett?

Don't dare accuse me of being right-wing eh?

:sick:

Being from NI you might not be aware who Mark Collett is @monga but he's been in a few documentaries over the years. One by Russell Brand and then another which made him swear to quit the BNP when he found out he was being secretly filmed. His views are always going to be skewed and he's bad news in general. So not the best source to post from.

Being from NI you might not be aware who Mark Collett is @monga but he's been in a few documentaries over the years. One by Russell Brand and then another which made him swear to quit the BNP when he found out he was being secretly filmed. His views are always going to be skewed and he's bad news in general. So not the best source to post from.
Nope I’ve never heard of him! Is he a former member of the DUP by any chance 😂…That vids been circulating for a while by others he’s just retweeting it, it was the actions of what’s going on I posted for, not the source as his Twitter is clearly far right.