English Channel migrant crossing crisis

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Which normally means arrested
Criminal databases are useless if you’re just putting everyone on them because you don’t like them or because they did something petty. No system is perfect after all but I did think your problem was with criminals specifically?
Having their names and documents also doesn’t necessarily mean anything. As I said before, do you genuinely believe some of these countries have strong criminal databases or can be trusted to share information that isn’t faked? It doesn’t exactly look great when your citizens are fleeing the country

Anyway, I get the idea that this just comes down to the usual argument of everyone/the majority of asylum seekers are dangerous and more articles about people who aren’t asylum seekers, and if they are the question is likely why the HO didn’t do anything. The theme seems to be that the HO and our government is more interested in showy policies like Rwanda rather than trying to tackle actual issues with the asylum process they have going on right now
I’m not confusing anything! He may have been an economic migrant that paid to come, there’s thousands of migrants work in meat factories in the south, the Romanian man that I posted about was an economic migrant with no id that lied about his address the courts had only his say so to who he was.

Reactions: 1
I’m not confusing anything! He may have been an economic migrant that paid to come, there’s thousands of migrants work in meat factories in the south, the Romanian man that I posted about was an economic migrant with no id that lied about his address the courts had only his say so to who he was.
Why are we talking about economic migrants in a thread about people seeking asylum?

Why are we talking about economic migrants in a thread about people seeking asylum?
Because when they illegally arrive some then go on to claim asylum so they can stay in the country for x amount of time at the tax payers expense before disappearing.

Reactions: 4
Because when they illegally arrive some then go on to claim asylum so they can stay in the country for x amount of time at the tax payers expense before disappearing.
…so they’re asylum seekers then? At least until they withdraw or have their application rejected

Also because the media absolutely loves it, it would likely be mentioned whether someone is an undocumented migrant/failed asylum seeker. We saw it with that one relevant story you posted about the failed asylum claimant who remained in the country and stabbed someone

…so they’re asylum seekers then? At least until they withdraw or have their application rejected

Also because the media absolutely loves it, it would likely be mentioned whether someone is an undocumented migrant/failed asylum seeker. We saw it with that one relevant story you posted about the failed asylum claimant who remained in the country and stabbed someone
But they’re still allowed to live freely until that time…what stabbing ?
---

The guy that blew himself up outside the Liverpool hospital was a failed asylum seeker that was illegally here for 10 years, how was he supporting himself in that time? Do you not ask yourself these questions?

Reactions: 2
But they’re still allowed to live freely until that time…what stabbing ?
---

The guy that blew himself up outside the Liverpool hospital was a failed asylum seeker that was illegally here for 10 years, how was he supporting himself in that time? Do you not ask yourself these questions?
Again, comes down to enforcement of deportations and actually finding people who are not here legally. Which isn’t easy I would think, but I would also think that the vast majority came here on visas and overstayed or aren’t settled EU nationals
Funnily, I’ve heard someone who had his settlement status refused but nothing seems to have been done about it. Despite some system having that data on file

I’m really surprised I predicted the way this conversation was going to. Absolutely shocking stuff

Again, comes down to enforcement of deportations and actually finding people who are not here legally. Which isn’t easy I would think, but I would also think that the vast majority came here on visas and overstayed or aren’t settled EU nationals
Funnily, I’ve heard someone who had his settlement status refused but nothing seems to have been done about it. Despite some system having that data on file

I’m really surprised I predicted the way this conversation was going to. Absolutely shocking stuff
What’s shocking? People can’t voice disgust over heinous crimes ? You still haven’t answered the question of how these people support themselves while here illegally!
We’ll have to wait to see what sort of status he was given.

Reactions: 3
What’s shocking? People can’t voice disgust over heinous crimes ?
The fact that the conversations keep going through the same discussions over and over again, and it comes down to people either arguing that asylum seekers should not be allowed in or that the HO should be doing a lot more than they are to deal with the actual problems - namely the processing times and deportations of those who have failed and did not appeals

It’s sort of funny because you would think that both sides would be angry at the government and the actual problems but it seems that one side is primarily angry at asylum seekers existing and sees them as a problem as a whole. And yes, I know you believe in genuine asylum seekers but it really doesn’t change my opinion of what your arguments boil down to the vast majority of the time

I must note that there have been some very educational conversations, such as lack of HO action on deporting or trying to, and the £3000 aid which somehow got glossed over

The fact that the conversations keep going through the same discussions over and over again, and it comes down to people either arguing that asylum seekers should not be allowed in or that the HO should be doing a lot more than they are to deal with the actual problems - namely the processing times and deportations of those who have failed and did not appeals

It’s sort of funny because you would think that both sides would be angry at the government and the actual problems but it seems that one side is primarily angry at asylum seekers existing and sees them as a problem as a whole. And yes, I know you believe in genuine asylum seekers but it really doesn’t change my opinion of what your arguments boil down to the vast majority of the time

I must note that there have been some very educational conversations, such as lack of HO action on deporting or trying to, and the £3000 aid which somehow got glossed over
The fact is bus loads of young men are being placed within communities on a daily basis things are happening within those communities ,it’s only natural the residents would start to speak out , but again you keep throwing the racist card in there and think people should put up and shut up, even when it involves the most heinous of crimes.What do you suggest those residents do ? The government don’t want to know, nor do the police.

but again you keep throwing the racist card in there
I’m sorry you see it that way but it’s not at all the case. The anger is mostly misplaced and allows the government to be held unaccountable, that’s all

I’m sorry you see it that way but it’s not at all the case. The anger is mostly misplaced and allows the government to be held unaccountable, that’s all
Really 😂…Why was this man allowed to roam free while awaiting deportation, shouldn’t he be under some sort of surveillance ? You keep coming back to the lack of government action, we all know the government is useless but the problems remain, how do you propose communities deal with these people ?

Really 😂…Why was this man allowed to roam free while awaiting deportation, shouldn’t he be under some sort of surveillance ? You keep coming back to the lack of government action, we all know the government is useless but the problems remain, how do you propose communities deal with these people ?
If the authorities won't act, and you say the communities should deal with it... are you suggesting vigilantism? I'm just wondering how far this goes and why ordinary people should be left to clean up the government/authority's mistakes. I'd sooner call for better handling of the situation from the people with the resources and power, rather than transfer the responsibility to communities.

Edit: Although, I'm sure that's exactly what the government, particularly the current one, wants. Us to fight among ourselves while they misbehave.

If the authorities won't act, and you say the communities should deal with it... are you suggesting vigilantism? I'm just wondering how far this goes and why ordinary people should be left to clean up the government/authority's mistakes. I'd sooner call for better handling of the situation from the people with the resources and power, rather than transfer the responsibility to communities.
I’m not saying the communities should deal with it I’m saying the complete opposite, that’s the fear many have that vigilante groups will start emerging putting innocent people at risk while the government turns a blind eye, that video I posted is nothing out of the ordinary to what our justice looks like for us never mind asylum seekers, we’re shot by appointment here , any illegal activity these young men cause will stand out like a sore thumb.

Edit: Although, I'm sure that's exactly what the government, particularly the current one, wants. Us to fight among ourselves while they misbehave.
It’s actually rather scary too because how do you as a citizen deport someone? There’s issues beyond that obviously but the argument really appears to be that violence is the answer because a person that isn’t documented and cannot get a “legal” job isn’t going to be affected by being “held accountable”

Like I said sinister elements are stoking the fire the more these young men step out of line the higher those flames will rise and innocent people will be the victims.They need to start listening to people within the community instead of shutting them down so these groups can thrive.
Clearly evident on here that some like to label people far right/ racist and bypass the danger being highlighted.

Last edited:
Clearly evident on here that some like to label people far right/ racist and bypass the danger being highlighted.
You've used the word "racist" more than the majority of us in this thread, which is arguably an equivalent attempt at shutting down the discussion when you're being challenged.

Just post what you want to post and stop speculating about things people haven't said.

In the same way certain posters ask not to be quickly judged as racist for holding certain views, let's not be quick to assume people are thinking that way just for challenging opinions.

You've used the word "racist" more than the majority of us in this thread, which is arguably an equivalent attempt at shutting down the discussion when you're being challenged.

Just post what you want to post and stop speculating about things people haven't said.

In the same way certain posters ask not to be quickly judged as racist for holding certain views, let's not be quick to assume people are thinking that way just for challenging opinions.
They don’t have to say it ,it’s clear when they make out there’s an “ agenda “ or mention right wing or speculate to what type of newspapers you read , why you post articles that include black people even though they’re on trial accused of trafficking , then when you challenge them they try and gaslight 🙄

why you post articles that include black people even though they’re on trial accused of trafficking , then when you challenge them they try and gaslight
People wanted to know the relevance of the article since it had nothing to do with asylum seekers. It's not much different from when you post articles about people who are identified to be migrants which are different from asylum seekers, nor is it known or likely that they came here by dinghies - I think Blueblue estimated the amount of people who are arriving by boat but not claiming asylum and disappear and it was a fairly low number compared to estimates of undocumented migrants

I would guess the speculation comes from what others see, doesn't mean anyone is outright calling anyone a racist

People wanted to know the relevance of the article since it had nothing to do with asylum seekers. It's not much different from when you post articles about people who are identified to be migrants which are different from asylum seekers, nor is it known or likely that they came here by dinghies - I think Blueblue estimated the amount of people who are arriving by boat but not claiming asylum and disappear and it was a fairly low number compared to estimates of undocumented migrants

I would guess the speculation comes from what others see, doesn't mean anyone is outright calling anyone a racist
The thread is about the migrant crisis are we only allowed to post about how many boats cross the channel and not the impact on society? Maybe mods could clarify what we’re allowed to discuss as the title doesn’t state anything about asylum seekers, but you and others keep coming back to that on repeat for some reason? What relevance is asylum seeker to migrant crossing?
---

Attachments

the impact on society?
Don't think anyone said this?

Just that you, and possibly others, seem to operate on the conclusion that anyone in the news who is a 'migrant' has crossed by boat specifically