English channel migrant crossing crisis #6

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 2
They never claimed it was a solution only a deterrent, time will tell!
Yes, it was the National Crime Agency (NCA) that suggested targeting the smugglers and boats was only half of it. What was needed was a credible deterrent, which is why the government came up with the Rwanda plan. As you say, time will tell if it works, the costs of the plan are eye watering.

Reactions: 3
Yes, it was the National Crime Agency (NCA) that suggested targeting the smugglers and boats was only half of it. What was needed was a credible deterrent, which is why the government came up with the Rwanda plan. As you say, time will tell if it works, the costs of the plan are eye watering.
Yes it is but the cost of doing nothing isn’t sustainable.

Reactions: 6
This doesn’t bode well either…

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Netherlands set for right-wing government after Geert Wilders strikes coalition deal
Wonder how much of his agenda he can push through parliament when he is in a coalition.

Doesn’t really belong here, but following on from our Nigerian sex trafficker getting a job with vulnerable teenage girls (see above). More evidence that simply putting the word “Community” into the title of something makes hard of thinking liberals all weak at the knees and jellied of the brain.

Predatory thief with good PR.
---
Wonder how much of his agenda he can push through parliament when he is in a coalition.
Well the problem with coalitions has always been that it tends to give increased voices to very very marginal parties and viewpoints. Looked at what happened in Scotland when 7 Green MSPs propped up the SNP. Resulting in a party who’s entire economic plan is based around the extraction of North Sea Oil pretending to abandon the industry, intact male rapists being sent to woman’s prisons, and the first minister being briefly investigated for hate crime (“your new party leader - white”).

Sound in the clowns,
Don’t bother they’re here.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
When you declare that perfectly normal and moderate calls for a sane immigration policy are in fact "Far Right" you basically legitimise the real Far Right. Which leads to.

Controlling immigration and selecting the best and most productive immigrants to welcome to and contribute to the UK isn't an extreme position. Neither is expecting the deportation and banning of foreign criminals.

Expecting new arrivals to learn and speak English so they can participate fully in society is not an extreme position.

No borders, no nations and no deportations is an extreme position.

Reactions: 6
When you declare that perfectly normal and moderate calls for a sane immigration policy are in fact "Far Right" you basically legitimise the real Far Right. Which leads to.

Controlling immigration and selecting the best and most productive immigrants to welcome to and contribute to the UK isn't an extreme position. Neither is expecting the deportation and banning of foreign criminals.

Expecting new arrivals to learn and speak English so they can participate fully in society is not an extreme position.

No borders, no nations and no deportations is an extreme position.
I’d call that a responsible position!
---
Germany issues benefit cards.
---
Why are they campaigning when by their own admission they don’t earn enough to support the families they’re hoping to reunite with?

Last edited:
I’d call that a responsible position!
---
Germany issues benefit cards.
---
Why are they campaigning when by their own admission they don’t earn enough to support the families they’re hoping to reunite with?
First kudos to health worker for coming to work in Ireland. Now the but. She CHOSE to apply for the visa in the full knowledge of what the rules are. She didn’t have to, she CHOSE to. And now it seems that she wants the new rules to be “You hire one migrant worker, you get four immigrants”. Her “two children (5) and (2)” I assume will need to be educated. The family need to to be accommodated. Not to mention healthcare etc. if anyone gets ill. And I’m sorry but if she is earning less than €30k per year she will be nowhere near a net contributor if her family come over.

Will she leave when her visa expires? Will she leave if the sector shortage resolves itself and her labour is no longer required? Or has Ireland effectively gained four new citizens of doubtful loyalty and highly marginal economic benefit? Great. So she works. Is that not kind of the minimum requirement for a work visa?

• Sick
Reactions: 8
First kudos to health worker for coming to work in Ireland. Now the but. She CHOSE to apply for the visa in the full knowledge of what the rules are. She didn’t have to, she CHOSE to. And now it seems that she wants the new rules to be “You hire one migrant worker, you get four immigrants”. Her “two children (5) and (2)” I assume will need to be educated. The family need to to be accommodated. Not to mention healthcare etc. if anyone gets ill. And I’m sorry but if she is earning less than €30k per year she will be nowhere near a net contributor if her family come over.

Will she leave when her visa expires? Will she leave if the sector shortage resolves itself and her labour is no longer required? Or has Ireland effectively gained four new citizens of doubtful loyalty and highly marginal economic benefit? Great. So she works. Is that not kind of the minimum requirement for a work visa?
What other countries allow family unification (at tax payers expense ) a condition of employment? I believe they’re pushing for the same in UK .
Saw this comment , don’t know if it’s true ?

Attachments

What other countries allow family unification (at tax payers expense ) a condition of employment? I believe they’re pushing for the same in UK .
Guests in Europe seem to quickly forget that they are just guests. I went over to the States for a year on a Post Grad student visa. It never ever even occurred to me that I would be staying on after the end date of the visa. In fact about three weeks before I left I got a “gentle reminder” at my dorm by a big ICE guy with a holstered gun reminding me of my approaching expiry date complete with “Have a nice day” after I fumbled about to show him my return flight details. I wasn’t sure what the alternative to leaving was, and didn’t want to find out.

The entitlement of the health worker is different scale. If you are so crippling lonely just resign your position and return home. You’re not a prisoner FFS.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Guests in Europe seem to quickly forget that they are just guests. I went over to the States for a year on a Post Grad student visa. It never ever even occurred to me that I would be staying on after the end date of the visa. In fact about three weeks before I left I got a “gentle reminder” at my dorm by a big ICE guy with a holstered gun reminding me of my approaching expiry date complete with “Have a nice day” after I fumbled about to show him my return flight details. I wasn’t sure what the alternative to leaving was, and didn’t want to find out.

The entitlement of the health worker is different scale. If you are so crippling lonely just resign your position and return home. You’re not a prisoner FFS.
Someone (do gooders) are telling them to lay it on thick.
We wouldn't have to put up with attitudes like that if our own workers were paid properly! Raise wages, stop importing cheap labour.

• Heart