Emmylou MacCarthy #7 Emmylou Loves - bathers up her crack, exploited her fam and pays to win them back

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those culottes are hideous remind me of the pants I had to wear when I study hospitality. Or an art smock.
And the walking across the road being filmed… oh yes Emmy it’s oh so raw and unposed. It’s like the trend of “unposed” photos… let’s all laugh and look at each like we have no idea that someone’s taking a photo

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think buying clothes from brands that don't cater to her size is the most bizarre thing that she does and that's saying a lot.
Why support a brand that doesn't support larger women?
I genuinely don't think she sees herself as a larger woman.. anytime she says anything about her size, she says things like “I’m carrying an extra however many kgs”. I think she thinks she has Bec Judd’s frame under there somewhere. She’s just such a walking contradiction, being filmed strutting across the street in the middle of the day in a crop top she has butchered to fit but then being so deeply insecure and unhappy about her weight that she is unwilling to accept her body the way it is and will try any and every shortcut to be thin. #confidenceisacrockofshit

Reactions: 17
I genuinely don't think she sees herself as a larger woman.. anytime she says anything about her size, she says things like “I’m carrying an extra however many kgs”. I think she thinks she has Bec Judd’s frame under there somewhere. She’s just such a walking contradiction, being filmed strutting across the street in the middle of the day in a crop top she has butchered to fit but then being so deeply insecure and unhappy about her weight that she is unwilling to accept her body the way it is and will try any and every shortcut to be thin. #confidenceisacrockofshit
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head. Shopping at plus sized stores would require EL to admit that she is plus sized, something she is clearly unwilling to accept. She talks about putting on weight in lockdown, which as a Victorian I totally get - maintaining your normal diet and exercise routine wasn’t easy. BUT it’s been 2 years since we went into lockdown. What your body looks like now is what your body looks like. You’re not going to magically go back to pre-Covid size just because we are out of lockdown now. Accepting your current size and figure and dressing in a way that flatters it and makes you feel good even if your body isn’t quite ‘what it used to be’ is the biggest act of self love you can do for yourself. Torturing yourself trying to squeeze into size exclusive brands and spending a small fortune to get them made bigger is definitely not it.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I follow (and buy from) quite a few small businesses I’ve found on Insta. Some took a small break over Xmas but were still doing work stuff to maintain customer service etc. To have about 7 weeks off is unfathomable to most business owners. She hasn’t even been filming paid content in the space - that’s one of the reasons she got it. I just don’t get it!

I agree that she doesn’t want to see herself as plus sized so doesn’t have any idea of how to dress herself or buy good styles for ZM. I follow a few larger fashion influencers and they dress to fit their size and shape and make me want to buy the clothes. I have big boobs and can’t wear anything high necked like most of her ZM atrocities. I would never buy anything from there as pretty much everything looks awful.

Reactions: 9
The movie Shallow Hal springs to mind

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Absolutely she doesn’t see herself as a plus size woman. She admits that she’s overweight, but she sees it as temporary and something she can “fix”. Even at her thinnest, she has never had a skinny frame, it’s just not her body type. Which is FINE.

It makes me sad for her followers, many of whom are probably plus size. They relate to her yo-yo dieting and obsession with shrinking her body and that’s so toxic. Instead of actually preaching and practicing body acceptance/confidence, Emmylou is all insecurity and denial and diet culture. Just because she struts around in a too small bikini, doesn’t mean she’s confident. She could do great things for women of a certain age and body type, but she won’t. She needs professional help for her issues around her body and food. Not so that she can be skinnier, so that she can be HAPPY.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I don't know what all that whack job carry on was about this morning, but the "snort" from camera Leah when she said "another day, another crop top" would imply they read here for sure.
This one doesn't look any better Emmy.

Reactions: 8
Without the enormous belly that top would sit at waist length and simply be a shorted length top. Not sure if cropped tops normally only expose the stomach...
With the gunt lopped off she definitely has an unusual looking shape now. The side profile particularly...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
She is mannnic. Running late for Warner Bros but wasting time talking about her fugly outfit and heat rash 🤮

imagine working and your boss comes in like that everyday, I wouldn’t be able to keep a straight face.

also I don’t think that many family photos is necessary in an office environment but I guess that’s part of her b

Reactions: 5
Leah's killer outfit? Yeah maybe in the early 90's
I hadn't heard of the brand (not at all stylish lol) The top definitely reminded me of the weird no label brands my mum bought my sister and I from those $2 Plus! shops back in the early 90s 😂

Reactions: 3
Imagine how much money she would be able to save dressing in her own brand rather then these designer brands. I used to work for a retail company and we would be greatly encouraged to wear the clothes because it is pretty much free advertising. Considering she is “famous” she should be wearing her brand all the time to advertise it.
In saying that, I actually like todays outfit as well as yesterdays.

Reactions: 8
This lady actually tries to sell her services as a social media expert? While seeing it necessary to film and upload her waddling off to the toilet? I hope to god she IS on some sort of mind altering substance because if not she’s just certifiably mad.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.