Emmylou MacCarthy #17 Batten Down the Flaps WA, the Hot Mess Express is Headed West

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I predict she will sell about 29 to her loser followers who always inflate her ego. It pisses me off to no end as a maker myself, to have this grifter come in and take sales from small business who have original designs. I hope she does a grid post on this one because I might just have to comment this time
Does Etsy show each sale made by an account? If so then we will be able to see just how much of an influencer she really is (at least when it comes to crappy rip-off mugs).

Reactions: 7
I dare someone to ask if he can create a custom one in his own handwriting to read:

"Soooo amazing, sooooo bewtifulI - the sunshine is the colour of cheezels and I bought it with me"
:LOL:

Can it be reported?
Probably ... to Etsy or to the image library where it was taken from ... who might launch an investigation for copyright theft.

Either way, it's a poor reflection on Etsy to allow the items to be sold, and the image library won't look too kindly upon someone ripping them off.

The only way they won't be in trouble is if they have parted a LOT of money (hundreds, if not thousands) to use the image commercially.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Oh no way - that's far too expensive. I'd pay that (and more) for a crafter's original pottery mug, but not that for something so ... generic.

I have questions ...
Where is AL? What's for dinner tonight? Why does her mum have so many pots and pans? (I LOVE her ceiling-suspended pot holders).
AL would be at his parents house and would probably have some of the kids there! Leave her mum out of it! She’s just a mum who loves her kids and grandkids

Reactions: 6
AL would be at his parents house and would probably have some of the kids there! Leave her mum out of it! She’s just a mum who loves her kids and grandkids
I love her mum! Just curious as to why she has so many pots and pans - is she a caterer, or just someone who loves to cook?

Reactions: 10
The production “partner” is gelato. Looking them up they have mug templates and print mugs all over the world. Basically they’re zazzle. Top notch quality. Her moronic followers are going to be taken for yet another ride so EmmyLou can fund her gluttony.

I also wonder how many of those images are original? Where did they find them all coz you sure as tit know they’ve either found stock pictures or stole them from someone obscure. I hope they get busted if they stole them.
She made out it was Alove and the kids running this business. Like the kids designed these mugs. What a pair of con artists.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
I love her mum! Just curious as to why she has so many pots and pans - is she a caterer, or just someone who loves to cook?
I think she’s probably just an old fashioned good cook and keeps everything. She’s nice lady

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Please let this Etsy plagiarism be the new Cheesecake-gate. Mug-gate. Etsy-gate. I'm sure there's a jazzier name but I can't wait for the sob story video!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Maybe someone who has an Etsy account could post a question asking if the bug could be a different colour and have larger spikes or something? It would be interesting to read what the response might be ...

Reactions: 5
Maybe “the children” asked Emmylou to start a business and she’s roped in Alove because she can’t work a computer. She couldn’t even book plane tickets to Perth or hire a car, she needed him to do it for her. Would explain why it’s all her weird branding.

Reactions: 8
What was he doing before that?
Think he was busy playing his guitar maybe he thought he’d be famous too. I felt sorry for him and thought he’d finally sort of grown a set of balls but these mugs have me wondering have we been taken as mugs.
Seriously they fucken deserve each other I only feel sorry for those poor kids they don’t deserve to be pawns in their fucked relationship games.

Reactions: 16
Maybe “the children” asked Emmylou to start a business and she’s roped in Alove because she can’t work a computer. She couldn’t even book plane tickets to Perth or hire a car, she needed him to do it for her. Would explain why it’s all her weird branding.
If "The Children" asked her for something, she would've ignored them as usual.

If its for them and by them, why not
let them design some of their own Mothers Day designs?

Reactions: 11
While other guys his age are out their killing it career wise or in a trade .. old A love is working part time in some non managerial safety co-ordinatior role and flogging Chinese mugs online.. you couldn't make this stuff up!
I think that’s a bit unfair to be laughing at his lack of career. He has been a stay at home dad for years now. We don’t laugh at stay at home mums that have had to leave the work force and struggle to get back in. A non managerial role is still a role.

Why doesn’t Emmy Lou use her following to stand up to these brands that refuse to stock her size rather then just always “buy the biggest size” even if it doesn’t fit? She isnt really that big and I assume a lot of her followers are a lot larger then her. She should be making a stand and standing up for her loyal followers rather then just resigning to the fact that she has to squeeze in to everything if she likes the product.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
71755E37-1EB2-4527-9F7A-4411A8F26528.png

I found the elephant and I’m terrible at finding things. Safe to say these are all vector art :rolleyes:

this one too - but the mug has added flowers in the background

3A8A7D85-BF1C-4401-AF1C-F0490AED1E17.jpeg

• Angry
Reactions: 4
She’ll sell the mugs because she’s cottoned onto the driving force behind her ‘tribe’… LAZINESS.

Every single thing she sells or promotes could be found or sourced with a tiny bit of research but they’d prefer links were just provided to them. They could go out and find clothes for larger bodies, but they’d rather EL just show them “hey this is how it looks on a short, fat lady” and imagine how it would look on their own bodies.

They don’t care about plagiarism, unoriginality, or being ripped off; they care about convenience and being able to consume with next to no effort. Down to that little Oompa Loompa making playlists for them.

EL is an opportunistic grifter, and her community and essentially lazy people looking for the easiest option available.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
If "The Children" asked her for something, she would've ignored them as usual.

If its for them and by them, why not
let them design some of their own Mothers Day designs?
Oh I meant that sarcastically. It’s 100% Emmylou. I think I needed quotes around “asked” 😂. She might have slightly too much shame to pretend that Mother’s Day mugs were her own idea. It reeks of an Emmylou scam!

Reactions: 9
I'm curious to see if she'll try and do something with the Spotify playlists to make more money on the side ... obviously we don't have cassette tapes like we did in the '80s (ha!), but if they take off she might be tempted to bypass Warner Music to make even more money (away from Spotify -- somehow).

I'd like to think that they're just new to all this and don't realise that you can't just use someone else's artwork without going through the proper channels - but this isn't a new game to EL. She's probably seen more contracts than we've had hot cross buns ... she'd have to know better!

Or ... and yes folks, it's conspiracy time again ... maybe she does know you can't just use other people's artwork on stuff you're selling, but she doesn't care because she's trying to stitch AL up!

*** All this said with the assumption that they haven't gone through the right channels to use the artwork commercially ***

Reactions: 6
Can a clever tattle Etsy retailer please make a mug with “The Children™️ brought me this mug” written on it. I’ll buy it

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.