Emmylou Loves #27 Buy my clothes and eat my cheese, line my pockets and catch my disease.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Haven’t watched Her stories yet just reading here. Told the husband she has sold her pyjamas at the second hand sale. He was like ewwwww that’s the chick that had the fanny rot?!!!! 🤣🤣 he was like it should be illegal to sell pj’s there’s piss , sprog and rot in pj’s!

FYI - someone up thread mentioned Anko - well i love me some Anko kmart and can easily get PJ’s from $20 or Target for $30.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I wish she would just disappear into that big black hole :ROFLMAO: Leah had a point - how was anyone going to eat that papaya? It wasn't cut up, no knives, no plates, just wasting fresh fruit. Wonder how the rugs were looking when the communidy finally left - did anyone else catch EmmyLou calling them "customers"?
The way that cheese was hacked into and ruined proved that there was a definite lack of serving utensils on the grazing table. I'm guessing there were no plates, napkins or sanitizer either.
It looks like the "guests" all just took a bite out of the cheese.
The papaya and other fruits could've been sliced and served as a fruit platter along with the mountain of grapes but LL obviously only specializes in cheese.

Reactions: 13
Awwww ... she's edited her stories. I was hoping to grab a couple of screen shots from last night where she asked a lady if she wanted some cheese - looked to say, "It's really yummy" - and the expression on the woman's face was priceless (she totes reads here!).

She'd have to be disappointed with last night's "takings" ... she'd have been lucky to make $1k.

Reactions: 8
Emmylouoneword might make gawjus fruit salad for 'THE CHILDREN' with all of the left over fruit.

Reactions: 6
Awwww ... she's edited her stories. I was hoping to grab a couple of screen shots from last night where she asked a lady if she wanted some cheese - looked to say, "It's really yummy" - and the expression on the woman's face was priceless (she totes reads here!).

She'd have to be disappointed with last night's "takings" ... she'd have been lucky to make $1k.
Fezza Brie anyone??

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 16
What a fool. I work in catering and events.
That’s way too much cheese. She could’ve had two really nice round boards and had individual boxes so guests could fill their own.

I wouldn’t even have had 1/3 of the Shadows of Blue. She spent more on that half wheel (if she actually paid for it) than she spent on the entire food budget for the birthday party last week.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Emmylou, here I am with yet more free advice for you (formerly 1001 Others, now reincarnated!)

The reason why last night was a flop is because a lot - if not most - people don't have a spare $100 to spend on secondhand stuff at the moment. Life is expensive, and that $100 would go a long way towards household costs.

Run another event - this time, via silent auction. Create a new Instagram page and take the time to list each and every item on a separate post, with a reference for interested parties to quote, when they DM you with their best and final offer. Make the auction run for a good couple of weeks, and promote it via your main page. You might not get as much as you hope for some items, but you'll still be shifting them along and getting some $ in.

OR ...

Section off one part of your warehouse and make it a recycled boutique. Check your insurance and lease agreement to ensure you're allowed to use the warehouse in this capacity. Stuff will take longer to sell but if you're intent on getting the highest price possible for the items then this might be the best way to go. Just make sure someone is on site at the warehouse when you say they will be, to greet prospective buyers.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Why even have the cheese? Why not just have a warehouse sale? What kind of clothes sale in a warehouse do you go to where there’s food?
Exactly! If anything she should have had a daytime sale and perhaps provided a coffee van. The food wastage is so disgusting to me, her rack of clothes should have been 50 or 20, not 100!
Just get Leah to photograph the clothes and put it on friggin Depop.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Exactly! If anything she should have had a daytime sale and perhaps provided a coffee van. The food wastage is so disgusting to me, her rack of clothes should have been 50 or 20, not 100!
Just get Leah to photograph the clothes and put it on friggin Depop.
I was thinking of depop, but there's so many clothes to photograph and upload to the site. I guess if Leah and SL could work their way through it.

Or she could just donate the clothes.

I’m so disgusted watching these stories!!! The way the food is hacked and barely salvageable - would have to go in the bin but I presume she’ll keep it.

Also the way they are talking about the food on camera you can just imagine them talking off camera about the people that came and what suckers they are.

Major jaw swinging happening too….

Reactions: 15
Why even have the cheese? Why not just have a warehouse sale? What kind of clothes sale in a warehouse do you go to where there’s food?
Because she thinks everyone is like her and are lured places with cheese/food. 🐽
(I love food but wouldn’t go to a warehouse sale and eat cheese 🤷🏻‍♀️)

• Haha
I have these exact same shoes - except mine were bought from Shein for NZ$8. I'm assuming hers would be a designer brand for which she would've asked about $100.

Shoes.png

I wouldn't have minded checking out her shoes, I must admit ... I'm the same size and some of them don't even look as if they've been worn ............................... I'll get my coat! 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I wonder what will happen with all of the unsold clothing and products now 🤔 Will they just fester away in the cold warehouse or will she make Leah lug them all home for her again? She definitely would have been better of doing a market like House of White does, although I guess she wouldn't be able to limit buyers to her just her fangirls.
My guess is that as a special treat at the Bail retreat experience, ELL communidy will be able to purchase a momento of their retreat experience. The cheese may also make a guest appearance.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Section off one part of your warehouse and make it a recycled boutique. Check your insurance and lease agreement to ensure you're allowed to use the warehouse in this capacity. Stuff will take longer to sell but if you're intent on getting the highest price possible for the items then this might be the best way to go. Just make sure someone is on site at the warehouse when you say they will be, to greet prospective buyers.
This is such a smart idea! Maybe even list the items and their sizes online so people who go in know ahead of time that there are items in their size.

(Welcome back!)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.