Emmerdale #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why did they have to have that woman die in childbirth? I know it happens but it’s so bloody rare. Especially in that situation and this partner wouldn’t be like this let alone left like this.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I’m a little behind on tonight’s episode, it’s baffling to me that the woman doesn’t see that she’s done anything wrong, refusing to acknowledge that it is biologically Rhona’s baby! Also, how likely is it for an IVF clinic to release embryos that easily without any contact with the Mother?

Reactions: 12
I can understand her denial but it wouldn’t happen. God these places are so brutal on their screening. It’s just another stupid unbelievable storyline

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I get it, it’s a soap but it infuriates me when they just make it up & it isn’t true to life!

To be fair, legally Lucy would be the mother of Rhona's baby as she was the gestational carrier. I believe that women who are surrogates, and whose babies are not related to them genetically at all, are legally classed as mothers, the genetic parents have to adopt their own child to become the legal parents and guardians. Of course, now that Lucy is (conveniently) dead, all bets are off! 🙄.
As @unidentified says, women dying in childbirth in the UK is very rare, I did think those scenes were quite irresponsible, and probably upsetting to many women.

Reactions: 10
I think what also infuriates me is that out of the 17 women who died from bleeding disorder in the latest MBRRACE report (3 year review) I imagine the majority will have been ethnic minorities or those living in social deprivation. Obviously not all women but it is everywhere about the inequalities they face. Not a middle class white woman. It doesn’t highlight the reality of race and social class inequalities within the NHS but that wouldn’t fit with their stupid storyline

Reactions: 4
I’m really not liking some of the storylines lately the baby one, the Parkinson’s, even Corrie with Paul’s MND, for anyone going through similar situations its really triggering and not pleasant to watch, it’s like, what’s the worst storyline we up with? Not a thought for long time viewers going through these illnesses or situations!😡

Reactions: 8
I’m really not liking some of the storylines lately the baby one, the Parkinson’s, even Corrie with Paul’s MND, for anyone going through similar situations its really triggering and not pleasant to watch, it’s like, what’s the worst storyline we up with? Not a thought for long time viewers going through these illnesses or situations!😡
Every storyline can be triggering for someone, for example Lydia’s rape, bobs heart attack etc.

Isn’t that sort of the point of soap opera’s though? Aren’t they meant to dramatise true to life stories? I can understand people being triggered by them, I have been by one or two myself but the storylines are supposed to portray day to day life and what people go through. There is a desperate need for more happier storylines to level it out though

Reactions: 17
Isn’t that sort of the point of soap opera’s though? Aren’t they meant to dramatise true to life stories? I can understand people being triggered by them, I have been by one or two myself but the storylines are supposed to portray day to day life and what people go through. There is a desperate need for more happier storylines to level it out though
Rhona kidnaps the baby and as the DNA test shows it’s hers she gets to keep it and raise it, living happily ever after. The chances of that happening are zero but one can dream that for once it’s not all doom and gloom.

Reactions: 4
My issue with these storylines is, I understand why they do them, but on almost every occasion they do them badly !! Not just Emmerdale, Corrie is terrible for it.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Rhona kidnaps the baby and as the DNA test shows it’s hers she gets to keep it and raise it, living happily ever after. The chances of that happening are zero but one can dream that for once it’s not all doom and gloom.
Oh yeah this storyline is absolutely ridiculous but I mean most of the others 😂

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.