Emma's Rectangle #5 Vlog fails, grimy nails, fake lips the size of two fat snails

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Recap of her birthday/end of project 265 video

- She said she feels like project 265 has given her a sustainable routine now (isn't this exactly what she said about Project 50? The routine that was completely forgotten about on day 51? Sure, Jan.)

- Obligatory 30 second #spon segment about how the Fitbit helped her to stay 'accountable' and 'gamify' it to push herself even when she didn't want to do it (because forced exercise, measuring yourself every day, and being reminded by your watch to walk 250 steps every hour is a very normal and sustainable part of any routine!)

- Says she wanted to see in her 26th birthday "feeling better" (come on now, we all know this is code for 'thinner')

- Right on cue, goes on to talk about her weight loss and measurements with a bonus week-by-week table for ✨extra comparison✨ for those watching at home!

Reactions: 17
Personally I would think that if there’s ever a day to take off from the gym it would be your birthday.
Let’s see how long she stays “accountable” and can keep up with this over-exercising over the holidays

Reactions: 7
Really confused as to why she thinks anyone cares about this project 265. So obvious in her new video that she’s had Botox on her forehead. Find it odd she’s not mentioned it as she talks about getting lip filler

Reactions: 16
I watched the first couple of minutes hoping she'd finally tell me wtf project 265 IS... she said something about feeling as good as she can in her current situation but what does the 265 mean!? Why's it a 'project' 😩

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So we can all conclude that Emma has a disordered relationship with food, a disordered relationship with exercise and her happiness and self worth comes from being smaller and obsessing over steps and exercise .... a great message to send out to her followers .... buy a fitbit and beat your steps and make it a game *may or may not lead to an eating disorder/ obsessive compulsive exercise disorder

I watched the first couple of minutes hoping she'd finally tell me wtf project 265 IS... she said something about feeling as good as she can in her current situation but what does the 265 mean!? Why's it a 'project' 😩
From what I understand (which is very little) project 265 is a challenge she gave herself when there was 65 days until her 26th birthday. She wanted to show up as her best (smallest) self. So Emma, in her infinite wisdom, combined 26 (her age) and 65 (days until her birthday) to make project 265. I'm not saying it makes sense, because it doesn't, but that was her logic.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I don't know if anyone has already done a tally, but she must have dropped some serious cash on her Sephora 'haul' - even with Black Friday offers and it was followed by her Superdrug haul too. I understand that now she's back doing make-up videos you could say it was her job, but that's a lot of consumption in one go and a lot of money.

Reactions: 9
I quite like watching Emma for some reason but - and call me out if I'm being ignorant - I feel like there's something weird going on with how much exercise she claims to do and what her body actually looks like. For the avoidance of doubt I don't think she's fat, she looks fine and she's done well to lose all the weight she originally lost, but I was shocked at how much exercise she says she does compared with how she looks? I only have a fairly basic knowledge of this kind of thing but from all the other fitness type people I follow, I'm confused as to why she's doing so much cardio as well as lifting so many times a week - the people who do a lot of lifting and a lot of cardio seem to get lean very quickly, but she's not particularly lean and nor is she particularly muscly. Given that the PTs always say if you're lifting then ignore the scale because you can see huge changes in just a few lbs I'm very confused as to how she's lost what seems like a fair amount of weight (the 13lbs) but doesn't look massively different?

I quite like watching Emma for some reason but - and call me out if I'm being ignorant - I feel like there's something weird going on with how much exercise she claims to do and what her body actually looks like. For the avoidance of doubt I don't think she's fat, she looks fine and she's done well to lose all the weight she originally lost, but I was shocked at how much exercise she says she does compared with how she looks? I only have a fairly basic knowledge of this kind of thing but from all the other fitness type people I follow, I'm confused as to why she's doing so much cardio as well as lifting so many times a week - the people who do a lot of lifting and a lot of cardio seem to get lean very quickly, but she's not particularly lean and nor is she particularly muscly. Given that the PTs always say if you're lifting then ignore the scale because you can see huge changes in just a few lbs I'm very confused as to how she's lost what seems like a fair amount of weight (the 13lbs) but doesn't look massively different?
Because of how much she drinks, plus she's not consistent outside of the constraints of Project Whatever. She goes through very extreme binge and restrict cycles so her metabolism is probably fucked... 13lbs is a lot on paper but doesn't seem (to me) to be in proportion with the sheer amount of exercise she's been doing the past few weeks whilst also eating in a calorie deficit. Which indicates her metabolism is not great unless she's gained a lot of muscle... I know I was surprised she dropped nearly 4 inches from her waist which seems like a lot for 13lbs

I'm no PT/fitness/Nutrition professional tho so anyone can feel free to correct me on that if they know more

Reactions: 12
Because of how much she drinks, plus she's not consistent outside of the constraints of Project Whatever. She goes through very extreme binge and restrict cycles so her metabolism is probably fucked... 13lbs is a lot on paper but doesn't seem (to me) to be in proportion with the sheer amount of exercise she's been doing the past few weeks whilst also eating in a calorie deficit. Which indicates her metabolism is not great unless she's gained a lot of muscle... I know I was surprised she dropped nearly 4 inches from her waist which seems like a lot for 13lbs

I'm no PT/fitness/Nutrition professional tho so anyone can feel free to correct me on that if they know more
I wonder if she's creative with the numbers? I don't know. I think she clearly has lost weight on project2567397597 whatever it is.

Reactions: 3
I’ve been saying/thinking this for years that for someone who trains as much as she does she doesn’t look particularly muscler. As others have already commented she probably drinks too much and has longer periods where she isn’t so restrictive on her nutrition. I’ve also just thought she probably does too much cardio to grow any significant muscle. Most PTs will saying that to grow serious muscle you shouldn’t do any cardio outside of daily steps. I wonder if her genetics have something to do with it she just might not be someone who no matter how much they train will never have that “gym fit” look if you will

Reactions: 11
I don't know if anyone has already done a tally, but she must have dropped some serious cash on her Sephora 'haul' - even with Black Friday offers and it was followed by her Superdrug haul too. I understand that now she's back doing make-up videos you could say it was her job, but that's a lot of consumption in one go and a lot of money.
I started tallying up some of the products while
I watched the Sephora haul and stopped around $400 (before the video ended). I don’t know what the Black Friday deal was for Sephora in the UK, so it didn’t make sense to keep counting.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I’ve been saying/thinking this for years that for someone who trains as much as she does she doesn’t look particularly muscler. As others have already commented she probably drinks too much and has longer periods where she isn’t so restrictive on her nutrition. I’ve also just thought she probably does too much cardio to grow any significant muscle. Most PTs will saying that to grow serious muscle you shouldn’t do any cardio outside of daily steps. I wonder if her genetics have something to do with it she just might not be someone who no matter how much they train will never have that “gym fit” look if you will
Not to speculate but the combination of thick, dark facial hair, intense periods, and lack of results in the gym makes me think she has PCOS. She might have a muscular physique but it's hard to detect because she isn't lean, which is common for folks with PCOS. Unless, as previously suggested, she is binging behind the scenes or fudging the numbers. Either way, her happiness, and even productivity, is predicated on her fitness and I wish she wouldn't wrap it in a thin veil of body positivity.

Reactions: 16
I think she has had some results in the gym to be fair - she's got some definition. From what I've read - I'm not expert at all btw, so feel free to correct me - you need to work for a very long time to grow serious muscle, and you need to EAT. More than 65 days, and she's been in deficit so what she seems to have achieved - some muscle conditioning and a little weight loss - is perhaps consistent with what she's been doing ? Again, correct me if you know better - I do home workouts, basic strength and cardio stuff and some barre, I just do what feels good on the day, about 60 mins daily, no plans or projects - and my heaviest dumbbells are only 10kg (they're so expensive to buy heavy ones, but I hate the gym) and I think I've got results doing that over the years. Makes me wonder why she needed to go so heavy, but maybe the heavy stuff needs more time (and a properly planned nutrition programme)?

Reactions: 4
Either way, her happiness, and even productivity, is predicated on her fitness and I wish she wouldn't wrap it in a thin veil of body positivity.
I also don't think it's a coincidence that her motivation and productivity has increased since finding a new man... Her 'dark place' seemed to begin with her breakup with Tim (which ofc is understandable) and end when she met Arms, which indicates she ties a lot of her worth/happiness to being in a relationship.

Plus love is one hell of a motivator for us with ADHD. Speaking from experience... I was a high-flier in my last job because I developed feelings for my boss and got a massive dopamine hit from his approval lol.

Reactions: 14
I think living alone is an issue for her to be honest. Emma avoided housesharing because of her privilege but I think it would have done her good.

Reactions: 11
She said recently that she’s planning on moving soon which I found strange. Why spend all that money and time renovating to move after a couple years?

Reactions: 6
She said recently that she’s planning on moving soon which I found strange. Why spend all that money and time renovating to move after a couple years?
Because she is rich…. She doesn’t have to worry about the cost of it, and she’ll probably have a lot of money because she’ll be classified as a first time buyer so won’t have to pay stamp duty now etc

Reactions: 8
Howling in her latest vlog she’s going on about her birthday party and is being a big deal… the theme is people’s favourite things but Emma just wants to look pretty…. Course she’s going as herself for her favourite thing

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.