Emma’s Rectangle #3 I've got meals and reels, but keep your nose out of my feels.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one that thinks her blogs are so dull?! Maybe I’m not the right youthful age for them 😂.

Reactions: 8
Am I the only one that thinks her blogs are so dull?! Maybe I’m not the right youthful age for them 😂.
I find them boring, every week is the same. I'd find her lifestyle boring even if I was her age as well I think. It doesn't help that she talks about what she's doing but never shows it.

Reactions: 13
Nah I’m young and I’ve stopped watching, won’t be long till I stop reading her thread as she’s a boring posh girl who doesn’t know her privilege, and it’s boring now

Reactions: 19
They are dull. I know she can’t necessarily help that but I feel like her YouTuber career is a bit like flogging a dead horse. I don’t think her heart is in it anymore. And that’s okay, I’m not sure many of us have a job that we always love. However, she’s a position that she could change career. She’s doing well enough and has hopefully saved enough that she could start retraining as something else, even if it’s just as a back up cos I’m not sure social media will last forever for her.

Reactions: 12
She seems to put the most effort into her Instagram so maybe that is paying well but she doesn’t have much to say and it shows in the vlogs. She doesn’t have a niche so it’s a bit all over the place and it is boring just watching her say she’s going out without showing any of it… and laughing to herself at the minutia of her life.

I already unsubbed but I probably should stop watching at this point too.

Reactions: 8
Whoever pointed out the fake laughter has ruined me ever watching anything she does ever again tbh, it's so irritating

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'm just a few years older than Emma and I'm pretty damn boring myself, and even I haven't bothered to watch her vlogs for a few weeks now 😅 and yeah thanks to whoever pointed out the fake laughter, it really pushed me over the edge!

Reactions: 7
I'm just a few years older than Emma and I'm pretty damn boring myself, and even I haven't bothered to watch her vlogs for a few weeks now 😅 and yeah thanks to whoever pointed out the fake laughter, it really pushed me over the edge!
This is literally me 😂

Reactions: 4
I watched a bit of a recent vlog this morning and just find her talking face to face into the camera, in her cramped flat, with or without make up, incredibly boring. She gets 20+ thousand views per blog though so she must be doing something right I guess.

Reactions: 3
I watched a bit of a recent vlog this morning and just find her talking face to face into the camera, in her cramped flat, with or without make up, incredibly boring. She gets 20+ thousand views per blog though so she must be doing something right I guess.
Cramped flat? Doesn't she have a rather spacious house?

Her vlogs are so incredibly boring and given they're basically the only video she puts out, what exactly is she offering anyone? Her latest one was just some manic self laughter and rambling, an ad, some chat about stuff she's doing but not showing and then 1 second of happy birthday. Nonsense.

Reactions: 11
I’m also only a few years older than Emma and was already pretty boring but the pandemic really pushed me into full granny mode, give me reading on the sofa with my cat anyday or baking and a movie, hell even a bed day is a dream. But it’s not that Emma is boring, there are loads of bloggers and influencers who are a bit boring and especially over lockdown when people haven’t been able to do a lot. It’s that she’s become a bit unlikeable.

The baby voice and fake laughter is annoying as anything and now it’s been pointed out it’s really all I can hear. But she also just doesn’t even try, she can’t see her privilege, nor is she honest with her viewers. The whole point of influencers (at least I thought) was that they are someone honest and you trust and you want to emulate as well as someone who you like to see on your feed. But none of that is true, I definitely don’t trust her or her opinion, her fashion has taken a massive drop. There’s no understanding of her weight loss and health journey being inaccessible to those who actually work. No acknowledgement that her flat is big especially for a first place, and it’s incredibly out of touch to not appreciate the amount of money put in is something almost no one can afford to do straight away on a first home. And even more inaccessible if work was done cheaply or free by her dad.
All of that added to the fact that if you’ve seen one of her vlogs you’ve seen them all, really to me shows maybe she needs a job and new career.

(she’s not got no followers but I also think just looking at her growth and engagement after so many years - especially when compared with Sophie - this isn’t sustainable and maybe just isn’t for her long term)

Reactions: 19
She is just lazy af and cannot see the opportunity to make great content even if it went to gym with her everyday. I don't think she has a plan or a vision for her business, seems to me that she is just going with the flow, while it lasts it lasts. Same vlogs every week - gooood, minimal effort - gooood, fake laugh - gooood (read this as Joey Tribbiani). And that is quite sad.

What should rest of us working mortals do if she is tired every single day. :LOL:

I liked her weight loss content, it was fresh and looked real. It turned toxic in the blink of an eye. And it was a bit triggering.

Also, does anyone have a feeling that she will eventually get her boobs done? When she reach her fitness goal and as she hasn't fixed her mental health and relationship with her body. Not that there is anything bad in boob jobs, I just have a feeling.

These latest vlogs I mostly use as background noise and don't feel like I missed anything.

Reactions: 7
She said on IG “there is nothing I could do” about the vlog being so late… Well, there is, Emma, you could have been responsible for once. Either edit and upload it before going out drinking or come back earlier to edit. It’s not difficult, it’s called being responsible and professional.
hahahah! sooo true!

This is literally me 😂
me too girls!!

I really feel like Emma is one of those girls who loves to be popular, collect 'friends' and cannot do anything alone ..

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I think her flat is actually lovely, and I followed her initially for the renovation vlogs as I did think she had quite a unique eye for decor, and the renovation of the flat was really interesting to me. I remember thinking at the time, ‘oh she must be doing really well for herself to afford that place on her own so young’… How naive was I?! I just think she’s been handed a lot of what she hs on a plate, and doesn’t ever seem to really acknowledge that.

Reactions: 13
While we're sharing .. I love her green walls but I dislike her yellowy green sofas 🤮
tbh I think it’s cause it’s the best sofology had when she could choose some #gifted sofas. She’d rather accept them than go out and pay for ones that match 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I love the green walls, and I do like the green sofa against it, but it wouldn’t be the sofa I would have chosen. I like the wooden surrounds and skirting too. I know she’s painting over it but I think it’s really different.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.