Emma’s Rectangle #2 No upload tonight, nothings wrong, been stewing apples all day long

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does this mean we’re not getting the Asia vlogs now? Not that we were ever gonna get them

Reactions: 6
Something is definitely up. The breakup of a first proper relationship hurts so much, if that's what's happened then I feel for her.

She's taken our advice and started to clean the flat!

Reactions: 9
It’s very weird that Tim wasn’t in the vlog. I decide to watch the end of last week’s to see how she was at the weekend, and it seems like she and Tim were ok! She also seemed upbeat and happy too. Maybe they only decided on the Sunday? Either way, I hope she’s ok!

Reactions: 1
She does look sad in the vlog, I hope that whatever it is she starts feeling better soon.

Hope she is okay. If it is a breakup then it’s never easy. Even if it’s fairly mutual it’s still difficult 😞

Maybe they haven't broken up but Tim's just moved out as it was hard for them to work under the same roof? She could still be upset about living without him again, missing him etc, but might not want to disclose the situation online yet in case people get the wrong idea. Either way, I really hope she's ok too.

Reactions: 9
I thought it was strange she was cleaning by choice! It would make sense if they had either broken up or he had decided to move out for a while, I hope she's OK, it could be the making of her in the long run you never know, but very sad for her, I thought they were sweet together as much as I didn't understand their relationship, they seemed good together.

Reactions: 8
Wow! Haven’t checked in in a while and now it seems I’m right on time for a huge update.
Maybe they’re not broken up properly and she’s not addressing it until they’re finalised.
Either way... kinda morbid that this is the first time I’ve felt the urge to watch her videos 🤦🏾‍ (to look for clues about a potential breakup 🙄)

Reactions: 3
Something is definitely not quite right. Everything they would usually do together is her referring to as 'me' and not 'us' or 'we' (seeing friends etc) it could be something totally different but all the clues are there - friends sending flowers, cooking for one, filling her time with mind distracting activities etc.

Did anyone think it was a bit odd when she said at the start that her lateral flow test was the only one she could pass? Just seemed a strange thing to say as what other tests has she had that she could be referring to?

I hope that whatever it is she's OK. If it's a break up it'll be really difficult as this is her only real long term relationship plus they've been together a long time. If Tim has moved out that's going to be hard too.

Reactions: 10
I find it hard to believe she was only eating 1200 calories a day .. she’d have been losing far more weight even faster at that low calories with her activity level surely!

Not necessarily. Your body goes into "starvation mode". It's one of the main reasons crash diets aren't advised unless you are dangerously overweight and need to lose it quickly for your health.
Your metabolism slows down because it doesn't know when it's next getting food. It doesn't burn so much when you exercise - even if you're exercising a lot, you can be too fatigued to expend a lot of energy. All your functions slow down- you get sick more often, your skin gets dull, your muscles hurt, you feel cold. Your body is no longer using energy to replenish cells, or to keep you warm, it's just keeping the most essential functions running.

The content of her diet also massively affects this. That post by her PT says she wasn't eating enough protein and her diet wasn't always good. If she was burning a lot of calories but eating lots of ready meals and fast food with lots of fat and sugar, then she could be putting on fat but losing muscle. And the fat takes up more space, so you might weigh less but the size is the same, your composition has changed.

Quite often, we overestimate how much we burn through activity. An hour in the gym may only burn 60-90 calories. You think "wow, I did an hour in the gym I worked so hard", but if you're doing short, light sets with long breaks in between, you're just not burning as much as you think. Even cardio- a run might only burn 300 calories an hour depending on how fast you're going and how hard you're working. A slow jog for an hour will burn way less than an hour of uphill sprints.

No way is 1200 ever enough those. There is a big problem with women thinking that's the number to lose weight. You can often lose more FAT and SIZE by eating more but building muscle and losing fat. But also,be careful at the upper end because it's very easy to underestimate calorie content in food (so you might THINK you're eating 1200 but even the calories on packets can be as much as 10% out. People often fail to count the calories in oils and spreads for example. So you might think you only are a salad and a small dish of pasta, but you forgot the salad dressing and that "small" bowl was two servings and you forgot you had a beer with it.

• Sick
On her latest photo dump on IG she has a pic eating cereal with tears going down her face... I know Emma gets a lot of crap here, but I genuinely hope she's okay. Something's definitely up judging from the vibe from the vlog this week.
(I'm also nosey so I'm dying to know)

Reactions: 8
We all call her out on her inconsistency and excuses, but it’s so nice that everyone wishes her the best. I definitely felt like her mood was down and she was not even enthusiastic about going to the gym. Tim is her first and only relationship as far as I know and it’s sad if they really broke up. although they seem like a weird duo, I think Tim balanced Emma and was good for her. I hope she feels better soon.

Reactions: 18
I know it's just speculation right now but I do feel for her if they have broken up. Their relationship has always reminded me a lot of my ex and I. We were together for 11 years from the age 15, with time spent long distance while we were at uni, then a few years living together. We weren't similar people but we loved each other's company, enjoyed all the same TV programmes etc and just had a laugh all the time, but we broke up last year as, from my side, it just felt like something was missing. I feel terrible saying this as I still feel a lot of guilt for hurting someone so much, but I do feel like like the relationship went on longer than it should have because we were just so comfortable with each other and didn't know anything else. I see so many similarities to Emma and Tim with the way they interact in her vlogs.

So if they have broken up, I reckon it'll be the loss of close friendship that will hit her hardest. The main difference is that I quite enjoy my own company and I like living alone, but Emma seems to be a really sociable person and relies on that interaction. As much as her stretching the lockdown rules all this time has seriously pissed me off, I'm glad she does seem to have a close network of friends, and that's something I'm really envious of. They do seem like a great fit friendship-wise, but I don't know if a romantic connection really came across in her vlogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I just watched the vlog and there definitely was something up - she didn't seem her usual upbeat, positive self and was almost having to force herself to pretend to be ok.

As much as she annoys me, I really hope she is alright. I've never thought her and Tim were compatible but nevertheless break ups are never easy :(

She’s liked this persons comment so not sure what this means? 🤷🏼‍♀️
The 'grace and decorum' comment she liked is a reference to a classic episode of Come Dine With Me. Emma probably liked it because it implied that the person asking about the breakup was out of line/ not very subtle. I'd agree that her lack of denial probably suggests that they have broken up/ are having a break.

Reactions: 13
The 'grace and decorum' comment she liked is a reference to a classic episode of Come Dine With Me. Emma probably liked it because it implied that the person asking about the breakup was out of line/ not very subtle. I'd agree that her lack of denial probably suggests that they have broken up/ are having a break.
I’ve seen a couple of comments referring to Tim though or asking if he’s ok/why he’s not there and she didn’t react but she interacts back to this one? So they weren’t subtle either but she did seem really down and off compared to her other vlogs throughout lockdown. I do feel for her since me and my partner have been together since we were 17 (7 years now) and it’s such a loss even as a friendship and having that person there for you especially after lockdown.

Reactions: 2
I’ve seen a couple of comments referring to Tim though or asking if he’s ok/why he’s not there and she didn’t react but she interacts back to this one? So they weren’t subtle either but she did seem really down and off compared to her other vlogs throughout lockdown. I do feel for her since me and my partner have been together since we were 17 (7 years now) and it’s such a loss even as a friendship and having that person there for you especially after lockdown.
She's probably saving the reveal for a 'We broke up' video, I'm not being cynical just think it's a good content idea. Bless her, I unsubscribed when she ditched the Tues and Thurs videos but she does seem upset in yesterday's vlog.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.