Emma’s Rectangle #2 No upload tonight, nothings wrong, been stewing apples all day long

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She 100% crash dieted, lost the majority of the weight in around 6 months - and has stayed pretty stagnant since in terms of her fitness and physique, which is actually pretty odd considering the sheer volume of time she spends at the gym.

But when you are on a constant restrict and binge cycle (not just with food but with exercise) you will not progress.

My biggest issue with Emma, and the reason I comment here is because I genuinely think she is a very dangerous voice in the influencer space when it comes to eating and exercise for weight loss. There is a false guise of being intuitive, "body positive", fitness-focused, yet all of the content she puts out shows the opposite. She is deep, deeeeep in diet culture and her having a platform when she is this deep in it isn't healthy for viewers. She needs to be called out.

Reactions: 22
I find it hard to believe she was only eating 1200 calories a day .. she’d have been losing far more weight even faster at that low calories with her activity level surely!

Reactions: 3
I am learning so much more on here about healthy weight loss and fitness than I ever learned from Emma 🙌🙌

Reactions: 2
from someone with zero fitness knowledge, it looks like recent over exercising is in an attempt to see results like those she got with her old PT, which obviously wasn't healthily done. imo she's trying to counteract the increase in calories with an increase in activity, which just goes against her new PT's goal of levelling the amount of energy she's consuming.

i personally don't understand how she felt comfortable publicising her 'fitness journey' to an impressionable audience if she knew she was only eating 1200 kcal??

Reactions: 15
Reeeeally baffled that she did all that exercise on 1200 cals. That’s not even disorder eating but a full blown eating disorder IMO. Imagine how tit she must have felt like on the daily 🥴

I find it hard to believe she was only eating 1200 calories a day .. she’d have been losing far more weight even faster at that low calories with her activity level surely!
I think this too tbh, maybe she lied about how little she was eating as sort of an honour badge? That might sound rough and judgmental but I’ve been anorexic myself and I loved talking about how sick I used to be back in the day! 😂 It was really common in the community and I don’t think it’s weird at all really considering the world we’re living in. I’d shave a little off my lowest weight and intake while talking to people just to feel seen, you know? IDK, I just feel like she would have fainted at least here and there with that intake and that level of exercise over the past two years.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Maybe she was on 1200 cals a day after exercise but it was just worded badly? So like eating 1600-2000 and then burning the rest off. Maybe not, I just cannot imagine her eating 1200 and then burning cals exercising which then would take her under 1000, that's super low!

Maybe she was on 1200 cals a day after exercise but it was just worded badly? So like eating 1600-2000 and then burning the rest off. Maybe not, I just cannot imagine her eating 1200 and then burning cals exercising which then would take her under 1000, that's super low!
That might be it, I just think she was burning way more than 500 calories most of the time while working out? She used to be heavier so her BMR would have helped her out a lot at first too.

Oh no, Emma 100% was on less than you think, she 100% eats restrictively I think it’s part of the reason why she doesn’t do much because she simply isn’t fueling her body

Reactions: 8
Oh no, Emma 100% was on less than you think, she 100% eats restrictively I think it’s part of the reason why she doesn’t do much because she simply isn’t fueling her body
That's so sad - I really hope her new coach & the marathon training will give her a new perspective

Reactions: 1
View attachment 580812
Was just nosing at her coach's IG. Interesting read.
In light of this, it's interesting to look back on her recent video about her journey where she repeatedly says variations on "I was in a calorie deficit for too long but I was absolutely not restricting." Clearly you were Emma, she's either delusional about her relationship with food or she's lying in the videos.

And this yeah, it's totally possible to be restricting that heavily and not be visibly showing it or losing large amounts still, you can mess up your metabolism so much.

Reactions: 4
So am I reading right that she’s now on 1800? That still seems kinda low for the amount of exercise she does!

Reactions: 4
"I was in a calorie deficit for too long but I was absolutely not restricting." Clearly you were Emma, she's either delusional about her relationship with food or she's lying in the videos.
Even that sentence in its self is contradictory.yes face it, for most people, being in a calorie deficit is somewhat restrictive.

Reactions: 3
I'm so disappointed by her marathon announcement. IDK why she's so desperate to come across as an 'athlete'.

She's never even run a half before and it's only 4 months away. As some of you have said, this feels like an excuse for her to keep overtraining rather than a genuine dedication to the charitable cause.

Reactions: 13
Is she serious with that NowTV ad.. how long did that take her because the photos are terrible quality, they’re so dark and there’s absolutely no effort been made there apart from two crappy signs a kid could’ve done… 😅 I’m guessing she ditched an entire day of filming to do those pics

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.