Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ellas

Her house is such a mess. It makes me anxious just looking at all the clutter in every single room.
Oh, she always looks dirty to me. Every time she is cooking her kitchen is a mess and those nasty nails and rings don’t look clean to me. No way that she takes of all of those hideous rings every time she goes to toilet to properly wash her hands. 🤢
I enjoyed her content for a while, when I found her fitness journey video, she seemed down to earth and kinda different. Now everything she does is repetitive, expensive gear, clothes and skincare all of the sudden, and content only involves words "10 pan and stewed apples" in baby voice.

• Sick
Reactions: 16

Goldengirl88

Chatty Member
Only 5 minutes into this week's vlog and currently watching her get ready (after going to the gym, stewing apples and dancing around her kitchen - rushed off her feet). I cannot quite get my head around the amount of makeup she wears. I have just watched her apply 2 different blushers (one on top of the other), 2 different bronzer/contour products, highlight, soap on her brows, a billion coats of foundation, concealer and powder...It's mad 😳 and all that just to mince about her flat.

Also the moaning about building work is sooooo irritating. I guess noisy building work is only okay when she is refurbishing her flat, eh?!

Last edited:

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
For those of us who know and love watch Helen, Emma mentioned having lunch dessert this week...

The cringe of filming herself crying about the possibility of being able to hug people. I know we all have different opinions on that rule being relaxed, but why would anyone's first thought be 'best grab the camera and capture this single tear!'

Emma has also hired an editor. She hasn't talked about how stressed/ busy she is this week, but it seems rude not to give a rundown of the working week anyway.

The reference to her being in a great mood.... I'd be ecstatic as well if this was how much work I had to do!

Monday
Goes to the gym
Stews some apples
AD for Hello Fresh
Films a video
AD for Hello Fresh again

Tuesday (described as the most productive day she's had in a long time!)
Does a run ('just a 5k' erm... ok)
Gets her nails done
Films 2 videos and some clips for another (MUCH PRODUCTIVE, SUCH WORK)

Wednesday
Does some editing
Goes on a walk
Makes a Hello Fresh but doesn't tell us what it is (I'm guessing a curry, anyone else?)

Thursday (Someone's been tangoed)
Goes to the gym
Does some baking in what looks like her grubby gym gear

Friday
Finally gets the car sorted out and takes it for an MOT
Goes to the pub

Saturday
Spin class
Films a baking video
Goes to the pub again

• Haha

ejej123

Chatty Member
Personally I don’t see the inconsistent message as ‘hate’. At the end of the day, if I called in sick or turned up late to work every week then my manager calling me out on it isn’t ‘hate’. It’s a part of every single job out there. Granted, it’s different in the sense of it being sent by just a member of the public but still, it’s really not the most offensive thing is it?

LittleMissSassyPants

honestly she's such an entitled little madam. How dare the men in the garage not do a good enough job of cleaning your car for you. Especially considering how busy you are, OH WAIT you've done nothing all week again.

The crying about being able to hug people really got on my tits, this girl has been seeing everyone and their nan throughout all this, not social distancing at all, so why would she care about being "allowed" to hug people when she hasn't been sticking to the guidelines anyway?

Her attitude about how running a 5K should be easy as well absolutely stinks, she is alienating so many people, and she really needs to get over herself because she really isn't all that. She's hardly someone we watch looking for inspiration or to watch for a certain lifestyle, she comes across as dull as dishwater because she puts zero effort into her videos.

dinkybird

She literally spends her “working day” - a normal person’s 9-5, going to the gym and getting her hair done? Then cries about her perfectionism?

make it make sense?

justbecasual

There's growing criticisms of "What I Eat in a Day" content and how it can affect audiences mental and physical health. Someone like Emma is going to get caught up in this if she keeps going with the frankly outdated format.

• Heart

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
I haven't watched it but her latest vid keeps being recommended to me. The thumbnail is making me irrationally angry.

‘Retail therapy? We don't know her’ wut? What? That makes no sense. And why is she scowling? It's weird.
I didn't even notice this.... I agree that it makes no sense because this IS retail therapy!? To be fair, I'd be pulling a similar facial expression if I'd paid good money for this selection
Screenshot_20210514-122200_Chrome.jpg

• Haha

yesgirl2

At this point she gets paid to film her cooking and working out to upload it once a week she doesn’t upload other videos and when she does they are thrown together last minute and terrible even though she’s a “perfectionist” she’s the most inconsistent, unrealistic, self obsessed YouTuber I have seen in a while I actually used to really like her but she’s clearly a privilege spoilt brat who doesn’t understand the real world, she is to obsessed with her its work out that she doesn’t care about anything else she’s lazy and she should just try get a real job because she clearly can’t do this one

justbecasual

"The hardest I have ever worked". Well that just says it all doesn't it. If THAT is the hardest you have ever worked then jesus, you have had it easy. Those NHS workers, teachers, social workers, police officers who work their arses off everyday and then Emma gets to 100k on Instagram through some reels is the hardest she's ever worked. I. just. can't.

CAL27

She actually uploaded a new video, colour me shocked it’s only been a couple of weeks since we’ve had a new non vlog video (?).
She says in this video that life has “been throwing her some curve balls recently” like cry me a fucking river, you broke your camera lens and dropped an AirPod under the dishwasher, which your boyfriend promptly retrieved.
I just think it’s tone deaf how much she whinges about such first world problems when people have real shit to deal with in their lives right now 😂

• Heart
  • Haha

Lizz17uk

VIP Member
i hate that she calls her workouts 'training' like she thinks she's some kind of athlete as opposed to someone doing random, very standard home workouts, e.g. 'this is the diet of someone who *trains* 6 days a week'
Glad it’s not just me that thinks that! Loads of influencers do it! Like exercise is “training”, taking pictures for Instagram is doing a “shoot” and doing some decorating or diy around the house is “renovating” they all do it! I think it’s just to make it sound more important than it is!! It’s so irritating!!

It's such a shame as Emma used to be one of my favourite people to watch but (as someone who doesn't struggle with eating/exercise issues) even I have started to find her content on youtube especially really triggering. I understand her interests have changed but her entire personality is the gym now. She never uses trigger warnings in her videos either probably because she'd have to TW the entire video. I'm surprised she put one on her recent insta story tbh... I just feel some of the length she goes on and on about gym/ food/ exercise etc and she's talking without really saying anything if you know what I mean. I think it's really unhealthy.. Rant over lol

• Heart
Reactions: 15

LLL111

The amount she talks about the gym in her new vlog is eye-roll worthy.

She also talks about it in such a serious way, e.g. 'i'm taking this week to really focus on the movements' as though she's an athlete or is training for something specific. It's very obvious how much 'brain space' exercising takes up for her, and hearing her talk about it the way she does is sometimes quite difficult e.g. 'going to the gym just adds so much to my daily movement as i walk 15 minutes each way' - she's basically saying: 'i'm glad the gyms are open again because i will burn more calories every day'. It seems she's trying to dress it as a passion but it comes across as more of an obsession

• Haha

struggs

Lots of people becoming boring, self obsessed and condescending about fitness once they lose weight, she is one of them.

Tigger27

I agree that she should keep it to herself, or create a separate private account to post about these things. Not everyone wants to be exposed to diet culture/exercising “motivation” 24/7
Completely agree. Especially when so many people are using their platform to be kinder at the minute go their audiences and say “we’ve all been through a flipping global crisis this past year, if you’ve put on some weight and that’s the thing you’re most worried about then actually you’re doing okay and your body is amazing 💛” reassurance and sort of thing. I’ve struggled with my weight all my life and have some pretty horrible lows lately which lockdown has made worse...and I know which message I’d much rather see right now.

• Heart

dinkybird

Thanks to @Ladya31 for the thread name - I've had to tweak it a bit to make it fit the character limit :)

Recap:
FITNESS:
- Emma is unhealthily OBSESSED with working out.
- Set herself a "600 workouts" goal as her 2021 resolution, evidently never heard of a rest day.
- Bought herself a squat rack, barbell and a spin bike in her tiny 1 bed flat, with no storage.
- Is most excited about the gyms reopening than any other post-lockdown activity.

UPLOADS:
- Is YouTube her job? You wouldn't guess - she rarely uploads.
- Always has an excuse every week about why a video is delayed/not being posted

OTHER:
- Says in her "vegan for a month" video that she will only eat meat on "special occasions"
- Proceeds to eat non-vegan every meal thereafter.
- Had a tide mark on her bath in one of her videos.
- Will not stop talking in that baby voice.

Have I missed anything guys?

Lurker2867

Chatty Member
I feel like she should make more effort not to show other people working out at the gym or like blur out their faces? Dunno what other people think about it but if I saw myself in her vlog I’d be pissed 🤨