Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Bilbo16

VIP Member
Ok this is what I don't get about tik tok / reels. She spent a whole day making that, a whole day making something that countless other people have already done! How do these people attract brands and followers? They have no original thoughts 🤦‍♀️
I don’t mean this to sound horrible but a lot of the influencers who are popular at the moment were just lucky to get in when they did. I’m not saying the don’t have any talent at all, but they are just okay, and still gained a massive following. It was purely down to luck that they started their channel when they did

Reactions: 17

spongey

VIP Member
It just goes to show how much of a false image influencers portray online, even in vlogs. I think most of us agree that they didn't seem suited as a couple, but all she ever showed was them having a laugh and being really happy together. You don't just breakup over night, this will have been brewing for a while, yet she still made a point of including clips in the vlogs of them together right up to the end.

So of course it will be a shock to her regular viewers when he's been in nearly every vlog for about a year then suddenly he's not. I can't imagine going through a break-up publicly but that's the career she chose, and if she chose to include Tim in the vlogs then people are going to wonder where he's gone. As someone said above, you can't just have the positive aspects of being in the spotlight, you have to take the negatives that come with that too.

_Laura

Chatty Member
Totally off topic but I'm actually soooo happy I've found this thread!
I discovered Emma about 4 years ago, when she was doing hauls in her dad's conservatory and was very happy to find someone who was roughly my age and my size. Her weightloss actually made me feel so bad about myself because I saw how quickly she lost the weight and how she seemed to go from a size 16 who never exercices to a size 10 who works out every day and loves it. I watched her "My weight loss journey" video and thought she did it in a fairly healthy manner and at the time, I had just started finding exercice classes that I actually enjoyed so I definitely resented myself for not losing the weight as quickly as she did despite also going to the gym 3/4 days a week. I thought I just didn't have her drive and it made me feel like a bit of a failure. I would never have known that she was on 1200 kcal a day if it wasn't for this thread!
Obviously, I'm not saying this to take away from her weightloss because she worked her butt off (if only to be able to cope on 1200 kcal!), but I'm glad I know how unachieveable and unstainable her training was.

• Heart

RobinsNest

Chatty Member
She reminds me of the retired people in my life who act like life's getting a bit hectic if they have a doctors appointment and a trip to the supermarket on the same day 😶
This really tickled me. Sounds exactly like my nan. "No time to talk now love, I've just been in the garden and I've got Sharon popping round to do my hair at 3."

• Haha

eselde

B071A731-7D8D-4C48-975C-75289099E8F4.jpeg

Lol someone’s a bit tetchy. I’m sorry, but as a content creator is it not her job to put out content that somewhat “entertains” her subscribers/followers. Maybe if she put effort into creating the videos she never seems to have time to make instead of filming the same repetitive clips of her eating her watery chickpea curry and bland stewed apples for the weekly vlog she wouldn’t be so bored.

It’s so clear her vlog is where she’s getting the bulk of her revenue on YouTube atm because mine had 9 ads 🤣 but they’re so boring and samey.

Last edited:
  • Haha

kittypaws

VIP Member
The rage I felt when she said she’s never worked so hard on her insta page! Worked!? Fuuuuck me. How is changing your outfit 5 times and doing some stupid dancing in front of camera work!? Christ I hate this influencer culture.

PeachesAndCream94

I like how she apologized for Tim's VR in the background and not for the fact she lives in an absolute clutter and for all of the shit on the sofa.

• Haha

Lola123

VIP Member
And also stop telling her subscribers that a video will be up and then not bothering to do it for weeks at a time
This is the biggest problem just say you do weekly uploads on a Sunday and then maybe an extra video in the week. It’s disingenuous, she is raking in the money so doesn’t need too and won’t get another job but to stop lying to her subscribers would be a good start

Goldengirl88

Chatty Member
Sorry for the double post BUT she hired an editor to (and I quote) "make more time for me". Is she having a laugh? 😐...😑

Noahfence

i also think theres nothing you can say to change the kinda people who think its cool to directly message her asking her hugely sensitive stuff, so just a bit meh giving her thousands of viewers a telling off over the actions of a couple people... like as long as your job is putting your life online, people are going to remain interested in your life, and youre going to get one or two people who take that enthusiasm too far. so go cry about it in your surrey flat you've owned since 22, not to the people that paid for it 😂

justbecasual

I just watched her IG story with the trigger warning and essentially she’s saying she isn’t bothered about the scale anymore.... or that she was for a moment but that she isn’t day to day. However the issue is more that she is still putting forward the idea that the ideal goal is for a thinner body. The “bad” before photo (when she’s the same weight) is the one with a slightly fuller tummy but the “better” after photo is one where she weighs a pound more but is leaner.

If you are a body builder - fine, that’s your content, that’s what you are promoting. People interested follow and people who aren’t, don’t. But if you came to Emma’s content for make-up, interiors, fashion, lifestyle (anything other than fitness really) then what does this promote? Weight loss, sneakily described as fat loss.

I genuinely just think she should keep it to herself. This content only perpetuates beauty ideals found in diet culture.

• Heart

CAL27

Couple of things from the weekly vlog...
  • She thinks that she will have made the most out of her spin bike from 2 months of use. :eek: Woah... that's a £350 purchase for 2 months use.
  • She thinks she absolutely bossed the first lockdown and the first reason give is that "she was working out once sometimes twice a day, yoga every day, Tim and I were going on runs." This is her mind-set at the moment. Success is based on the amount of exercise she does.
What she doesn’t seem to mention or appreciate is that she “bossed” the first lockdown because she has her own house with some aspect of an outdoor space, lives with her boyfriend and still manages to earn an obscene amount of money working from home. Let’s be honest lockdown didn’t really affect her lifestyle other than seeing her friends, going to the gym and the pub.

spongey

VIP Member
This is why I'm so glad I found tattle, it's just nice to have your opinions validated so you don't feel like you're going crazy. Not one comment on that Easter hunt video is calling her out for taking part in that campaign mid-pandemic. She's doing a non-essential shop, in a group when she's capable of going alone, and rushing about when people are trying to socially distance, yet the comments are all just gushing about how great it is. I know people are sick of talking about the restrictions but it's reality and we're still very much living it, and influencers need to be called out when they set a bad example.

I feel so out of touch with the rest of her followers, like are we even watching the same thing?! The endless teacher reels are bad enough to endure but at least she's making them in her own home, not running about putting people at risk.

Melier

VIP Member
I couldn't even bring myself to watch it 🤣

Summary from watching it on double speed:

Monday
A walk, where Emma identifies 'a donkey!' And doesn't show us, we just get the usual view of her own face
She shoots some photos for a brand of some neon eyeliner then takes the day off to chill

Tuesday
She's now mentioned the bank holiday 4/5 times and we're two minutes in, is she actually a bank?
She has a typical 'first day of her period day' which we can assume means that she did no work

Wednesday (I honestly can't tell if this was her new day off, or a normal work day)
Shows herself looking bloated.... she looks like a normal slim woman, I genuinely can't see what she's talking about
Goes for lunch and shopping with her friend
(Emma almost wears a normal jeans and a t shirt outfit, which looks lovely, but wears an ill fitting green jacket, blue turtle neck and pulled up white ankle socks instead)

Thursday
She's done some skincare and had a nice cup of tea
Emma tells us we are allowed weeks where we are a bit low and she feels so drained (she hasn't done anything?!)
Does some admin bits and replies to some emails, edits captions, edits some photos
She might have a nap then do a spin class and go to bed
Apparently lots of people like the vlogs because of how realistic they are (oh how I laughed!) She says people want to watch a normal life being lived (THIS IS NOT A NORMAL LIFE, THE REST OF US DO NOT LIVE LIKE THIS)
Emma and Tim make quesadillas

Friday
Emma goes to the gym then laminates her brows
She was going to film a favourites video but her dad and his girlfriend came round for a chat instead. Instead of using the rest of the day to film, they're visiting a friend

Saturday
Moisturises her eyebrows
Eats chilli

Sunday
Edits the vlog, but not until later in the day

WHAT A WEEK!
You put way more effort into these than Emma does for her job 🥺

• Haha

littlebtch

TW/ disordered eating, EDs, body image, weight loss

Not gonna lie, as someone who has had an ED for a fair amount of time, her discussions explaining it all to her followers remind me exactly of what I find myself doing sometimes - needing to control the situation by talking endlessly to someone about it so that I can try and straighten out the tangles my mind gets itself into worrying about each little aspect of food, exercise, scale loss vs measurements vs photos etc. Just does not seem what a healthy person would do to me
And also her comments like "some people haven't even done any exercise during lockdown' shortly followed by 'WHICH IS FINE TOO' but she's literally using it as a way to make herself feel better so she clearly does think what she's doing is better/what we all should be doing, ya know?

• Heart

jjeett

Chatty Member
Oh Emma Hun, no one commented on your post saying you needed botox, you're reading here

We also commented on you pulling your eyes.. you gonna address that??

Reactions: 16

imthebadguyduh

Just commenting to follow this thread ✨

I used to really like her but she just makes me feel awful about myself now, just can’t find the motivation she has for fitness and it makes me feel so shit about myself and my body. I’m not big by any means just she makes me feel like I’m not doing enough.

I’m 23 and I feel like this, imagine how her younger and more impressionable viewers must feel?

• Sad

Tom_Nook

VIP Member
It's the fact that she was talking about not focusing on her weight/ not being bothered about weight but then spent awhile talking about..... her weight.

I also think 1-2 pounds is nothing to get worked up about, as others have said. Surely it's normal for weight to fluctuate depending on what you're eating, hormones, exercise etc.