Emma’s Rectangle #2 No upload tonight, nothings wrong, been stewing apples all day long

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I guess that’s just her all over isn’t it, another unrealistic goal to flaunt to her followers. 4 months to train for a marathon is nowhere near enough, if she’s not careful she’ll do some serious damage. Shouldn’t she try a half marathon first…. 🤦🏻‍♀️
I wouldn’t be surprised if she doesn’t go through with it anyway, she’ll probably have her period that day.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
To me it doesn't seem like she even likes running. It is one of the only forms of exercise you need NOTHING to do, and yet when the gyms were closed in lockdown she did basically no running. Right now she's barely running more than 5ks and so she's going to attempt a marathon, good luck with that one 🙄

Reactions: 7
As a runner, I find someone deciding to do a marathon at that short notice very naive. I highly doubt she’ll be able to run the whole thing. She’s also going to have to let go of most of her gym training as proper marathon training absolutely takes over - especially as she is starting from a very basic level. It also requires proper fuelling, so less of the low cal/low carb/zero foods that she usually substitutes real food for.

At least it’s for a good cause and should raise a lot of money.

Reactions: 18
As a runner, I find someone deciding to do a marathon at that short notice very naive. I highly doubt she’ll be able to run the whole thing.
Yep that’s what concerns me, it’s great that she’s given herself a goal but couldn’t she have made it more achievable… it’s just another case of giving her followers unrealistic ‘fitspo’ and will no doubt make some of her audience feel like tit for not setting such unrealistic goals (like with the rest of her excessive exercising and undereating)

Reactions: 1
I love how she said she was not going to be running with the boys because they were taller than her, as if that alone made them faster 😂 Not the fact that they've probably trained way more? Most of the top marathoners aren't tall, height has very little to do with speed (as a 6ft tall lady, I wish it did!)

Reactions: 9
Not gonna lie, always a bit baffled by Emma’s fitness goals. She always goes on about wanting to build muscle but does an absolute tit tonne of cardio? Obviously a certain amount of cardio is good, but she’s literally making it twice as hard for herself to build muscle as I hardly doubt she’s in a good enough surplus. Don’t think ‘marathon training’ is going to help either 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It’s like she’s just chucking herself at anything that makes her look like some kind of fitness guru... she needs to chill out, 😂😂😂

Reactions: 6
Is the video worth watching? Or is it just a 'I'm running a marathon for charity'?

Ah ok. I'd be interested to hear about her training in more detail and also who's set her training
she said she's going to do a dedicated video about that and talk about it in her vlogs now but she wanted to do a proper announcement for it so that more people find out and she can raise more money for charity. I think it's great she's raising money for charity I really do but she hasn't given herself much time to train considering she can barely run a 5K and shes been focusing on strength training lol

Reactions: 2
The thing that surprised me was when she mentioned all the “extra exercise”. I’m no expert but surely marathon training on top of her already pretty excessive gym sessions would be far too much would it not? I’m hoping she didn’t mean she’s going to be doing daily gym sessions, spin and on top marathon training. That’s sounds like a disaster for one person!

The thing that surprised me was when she mentioned all the “extra exercise”. I’m no expert but surely marathon training on top of her already pretty excessive gym sessions would be far too much would it not? I’m hoping she didn’t mean she’s going to be doing daily gym sessions, spin and on top marathon training. That’s sounds like a disaster for one person!
probably the real reason she's hired an editor, she knows she won't even get a weekly vlog up with that schedule

Reactions: 2
Yes, with proper marathon training you are going to be running 4-5 days a week (especially with her short time frame), and you need your rest days to be actual rest days with some gentle cross training like swimming, yoga or light strength and conditioning with at least one pure rest day.

Reactions: 10
she said she's going to do a dedicated video about that and talk about it in her vlogs now but she wanted to do a proper announcement for it so that more people find out and she can raise more money for charity. I think it's great she's raising money for charity I really do but she hasn't given herself much time to train considering she can barely run a 5K and shes been focusing on strength training lol
She’s doing a dedicated video and vlogging it all but we all know it’ll probably never see the light of day.. just like her travel vlogs!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
View attachment 580812
Was just nosing at her coach's IG. Interesting read.
As someone who is still dealing with the fallout from a "nutritional" coach who gave me disordered advice, I def sympathize. I still enjoy watching Emma and even if the exercise isn't my thing, I hope she is able to have a balanced relationship with food, exercise, and her body. Also I hope that for anyone here reading who may be struggling. 😘

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.