Emma Tustin and Thomas Hughes #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has been asked before…

but does anyone know how likely it is that T and H will get a battering in jail?

because on the one hand you read things like “screws turn a blind eye; prison will be hell for them” and on the other hand “even Myra H and Rose W made friends in prison, there were no reports of them coming to harm and their crimes were arguably as bad”

Me I really hope they suffer horribly every day for the rest of their lives.
Well, when ET was kicked out of her cell by her cellmate it was because”someone” left paperwork around with details of the crime on it. Before that was seen she was telling her cellmate that she was in prison because Arthurs dad neglected him.

What I got from that is wardens can be “careless”.

Reactions: 13
Well, when ET was kicked out of her cell by her cellmate it was because”someone” left paperwork around with details of the crime on it. Before that was seen she was telling her cellmate that she was in prison because Arthurs dad neglected him.

Interesting and heartening.
How do you know this, out of interest?

Reactions: 4
Sorry if this has been asked before…

but does anyone know how likely it is that T and H will get a battering in jail?

because on the one hand you read things like “screws turn a blind eye; prison will be hell for them” and on the other hand “even Myra H and Rose W made friends in prison, there were no reports of them coming to harm and their crimes were arguably as bad”

Me I really hope they suffer horribly every day for the rest of their lives.
I would say ask Richard Huckle or Liam Deane but the inmates got to em first.

Reactions: 2
Interesting and heartening.
How do you know this, out of interest?
It was mentioned in the trial. Her cellmate, Elaine Pritchard (?) found the notes, read them then flew into a paddy, quite rightly I hastened to add. She said if she wasn’t removed from the cell immediately they’d be trouble.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
It was mentioned in the trial.
Ah was it? Thanks.
Ive also seen it mentioned that she’s had salt thrown at her… obviously prisoners don’t get to watch the news so
I wonder how anyone learned about the salt… and surely visitors would recognise T/H and the details would spread that way…

Reactions: 2
Ah was it? Thanks.
Ive also seen it mentioned that she’s had salt thrown at her… obviously prisoners don’t get to watch the news so
I wonder how anyone learned about the salt… and surely visitors would recognise T/H and the details would spread that way…
Prisoners do get to watch the news lol.

Reactions: 9
Do they?? I wasn’t sure… well I do hope so!
Oh yeah they have TVS and even play stations. I know someone who's in jail and having spoken to them it's become apparent the prisoners have taken a special interest in Mr.Hughes.

Reactions: 15
I saw a video of an ex-prisoner last night who was saying that TH would be terrified and on alert for now. Every time the cell opens he will be filled with dread at what could be waiting for him. He said after a few weeks he might become complacent and that's when he's really in trouble. We can only hope! I hope they both feel very small and scared. I hope they have every meal messed with and are constantly hungry and all the other prisoners take great pleasure in eating their food in front of them. I hope they are pinned down and have copious amounts of salt poured down their throats. I hope they have pain and torture inflicted upon them each and every day and they struggle to do menial tasks due to their hunger and injuries.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I sincerely hope the prisoners take it into their own hands now. My heart just breaks so much thinking about that little boy, I wish someone got a chance to show him love and affection 😢

I hope one of the wardens did leave the paperwork laying around on purpose

Oh yeah they have TVS and even play stations. I know someone who's in jail and having spoken to them it's become apparent the prisoners have taken a special interest in Mr.Hughes.
Good I hope they get him

• Heart
Reactions: 9
He very well is talk of the town but I doubt that given its a high profile case, that he will be going to be in with general population. If someone like Tommy Robinson was given special protection, TH will get it for certain.

• Angry
Hi all, unrelated but is anyone been trying to follow this trial and know why it's barely been updated? Ongoing trial of the murder of Kemarni watson, in 2018. It was supposed to be day 1 of the trial last week. Then by day 2 only one entry and again today just one isolated entry. I thought it would update as Arthur's trial did, and stars. Anyone also following or know a reason this could be?
I have just googled this. Another heartbreaking story, another little boys life lost. I cannot comprehend how anyone can hurt an innocent child. What is wrong with these people to think it’s ok? 🤷🏼‍♀️😭

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The officers never out right inform other prisoners over who is a vunerable prisoner (you'd be surprised how many put themselves I'm gen pop thinking nobody will discover their crimes) but they will do things like accidently mix up paper work, ask a "hard" prisoner if they've noticed the inmate wearing say for argument the red t shirt and black shorts, some even slip news clippings under prisoners doors. Then there is healthcare where all prisoners mix, visits to work, trusted prisoners, samaritains. So many ways for them to get got.

He very well is talk of the town but I doubt that given its a high profile case, that he will be going to be in with general population. If someone like Tommy Robinson was given special protection, TH will get it for certain.
There defo will be mote efforts made to keep him alive and he will always be in VP sadly.

I have just googled this. Another heartbreaking story, another little boys life lost. I cannot comprehend how anyone can hurt an innocent child. What is wrong with these people to think it’s ok? 🤷🏼‍♀️😭
Tragic isn't it 💔 a beautiful little boy who should've been the apple of his mother's eye. It randomly updates news articles with what's going on in court but it isn't updating live from court and I don't understand why.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Tragic isn't it 💔 a beautiful little boy who should've been the apple of his mother's eye. It randomly updates news articles with what's going on in court but it isn't updating live from court and I don't understand why.
People tell me I am OTT with how I am with my children. They have never been alone with any man who is not biologically related, I didnt even send the ones who couldn't talk at the time to nursery as they couldnt repeat back to me what went on. I'd rather my kids grow up pissed that I wrapped them up in cotton wool then grow up hating me because I put them in situations to get hurt. Nope not for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Do you know what the sad reality is, if Arthur was in school he wouldn’t have had to suffer all the time like that, someone would have noticed more, he would have been able to tell someone, I believe he would have still been alive, atleast he would have been able to eat, drink something, not made to stand for hours, actually been allowed to be a child and be happy 😔 that haunts me so much

Reactions: 22
Do you know what the sad reality is, if Arthur was in school he wouldn’t have had to suffer all the time like that, someone would have noticed more, he would have been able to tell someone, I believe he would have still been alive, atleast he would have been able to eat, drink something, not made to stand for hours, actually been allowed to be a child and be happy 😔 that haunts me so much
This is why free school meals are so important. This is why recpetion, year 1 and 2 are important to receive free meals. I just wish they all had milk through primary. Thanks Maggie. O

Reactions: 13
Hi all, unrelated but is anyone been trying to follow this trial and know why it's barely been updated? Ongoing trial of the murder of Kemarni watson, in 2018. It was supposed to be day 1 of the trial last week. Then by day 2 only one entry and again today just one isolated entry. I thought it would update as Arthur's trial did, and stars. Anyone also following or know a reason this could be?
As someone who follows a lot of murder trials (currently 24 with another due to start today) I would say reporting is very patchy at the moment.

I've got a few ongoing trials on my list, that I know are sitting every day, as I can see them on the court listings, yet there has been nothing reported. I was following a case that suddenly stopped and I have no idea why. It was reported on initially and then nothing, although that could be for legal reasons. Some you get great reporting every day live from court. Some you only get live reporting on day one (outlining the csse) and then intermittently when something interesting happens - for example a defendant giving evidence. Some you don't get to hear about until sentencing. Some not at all, although that is rare. But there's a case local to me (East London) with an Asian victim stabbed to death. Several defendants involved. I know it sat for weeks at The Old Bailey, I know they have all been sentenced, because I saw it on the court listings, yet absolutely nothing, not even in the local paper and yet it was a big splash at the time of the killing.

It is extremely frustrating to say the least.

Birmingham Live is usually pretty decent for updates, although I have a case on my list at the moment in the area, where there was live reporting on the first day then nothing (woman killed by her partner) I strongly suspect the live reporting is determined by clicks so, if they're getting a lot of traffic to the site, they'll continue reporting every day on the case. If not, they'll stop. The more appalling or salacious the case is, the more coverage it will get sadly. Without wishing to be accused of "race baiting", I think it's pretty much accepted that victims from ethnic minorities sometimes get less coverage. I also think it could be down to staff shortages with Covid - they can't afford to let someone sit in court every day as they need them in the office covering someone who is not there.

In the case you have mentioned, I quickly checked the court listings and can't see that it is sitting today 🤷🏻‍♀️

My best advice would be to keep checking the court listings and do a Google search every day of the victim's name. I trawl through my list around 5pm and then again before bed usually. I got a hit on a new trial that started yesterday last night just before I was about to go to sleep, which then led to a Facebook trawl for another half an hour with a plan to return to that today! It is like a full time job sometimes 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 7