Emma Johnson (Emma's Rectangle)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone just seen her instagram stories, she’s now working on an ad with a completely different teeth whitening company 🙈 seems weird considering she was working with another one last week
She'll go wherever the money is 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
A 12K run and a spin class in one day seems totally excessive.
It’s really quite concerning! If this was her only exercise for the week I’d be like okay cool or if she was marathon training but she isn’t! I don’t know why she’s suddenly become this obsessive over how much she exercises and eats, like being worried about using oil is just the tip surely

Reactions: 9
It’s so irresponsible as it sets a bad example for young women watching her videos and her stories. Particular as so many will have come to her from her weight loss journey video.

Excessive exercise sits within eating disorder territory and I wouldn’t be surprised if she is that way inclined.

She seems to have a very all or nothing mentality, whereas balance is what we all need.

I saw on her stories she’s at the gym this morning and she’s written “ouch” - that shows you that you need rest. She needs to stop flaunting her excessive workouts. Do what you want but you don’t need to share it with the world.

Reactions: 4
Really annoying to me that she keeps missing uploads because of things like having to go to spin classes & meeting friends. The rest of us who have to go to work fit our hobbies around our work, not our work around our hobbies 🙄

Reactions: 11
Really annoying to me that she keeps missing uploads because of things like having to go to spin classes & meeting friends. The rest of us who have to go to work fit our hobbies around our work, not our work around our hobbies 🙄
Yeah and the video was 12 mins long lol

I actually don't mind Emma, I started watching her around her home reno series and I do like some of the vids she puts out but I'm getting really annoyed at the fact she misses uploads so often. I wasn't interested in her What To Wear Wednesday vids at all, but the fact she's missed three in a row now? Is this not your job?

Reactions: 7
I actually don't mind Emma, I started watching her around her home reno series and I do like some of the vids she puts out but I'm getting really annoyed at the fact she misses uploads so often. I wasn't interested in her What To Wear Wednesday vids at all, but the fact she's missed three in a row now? Is this not your job?
I've been following her for like 4/5 years and she has never uploaded consistently and then she'll complain about the slow growth of her channel. I wouldn't mind if she missed uploads for genuine reasons, but it's always that she's seeing friends or something - what does she think we do when we want to see our friends!? Just be like soz boss can't do that cos I want to see my mates? 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Anybody else notice shes said shes on her period for the last 4 weeks now 🤷‍♀️ she used it as an excuse not to upload a couple weeks ago and still is the next 2 weeks aswell

Reactions: 3
She’s definitely doing too much exercise! She said in her vlog that her legs were dead and she needed a break and then followed that up by saying she did a spin class and a 10k! 🙈🙈
Erm just have a rest day or two and actually let your body recover, she’ll be doing more harm than good!!

Reactions: 8
She’s definitely doing too much exercise! She said in her vlog that her legs were dead and she needed a break and then followed that up by saying she did a spin class and a 10k! 🙈🙈
Erm just have a rest day or two and actually let your body recover, she’ll be doing more harm than good!!
By the looks of it, every time she goes to eat “junk food” she then before or after has to burn all the calories she consumed, it was quite alarming actually, I thought she might have been filming some sort of gym video but she didn’t seem too mention that, she just mentioned following someone else’s diet

Reactions: 3
Anyone watch the loose skin video? I just CBA with her anymore cause she’s just too try hard and too triggering for my liking.

Reactions: 2
Ugh her Instagram post about loose skin made my eyes roll to the back of my head. The photo she uploaded didn't look bad at all, she's just clinging to the bopo movement

Reactions: 6
The loose skin video is so bleeping problematic and I find it really weird she’s not being called out for it more to be honest.

Firstly, this video is 10000% for views and money. “LOOSE SKIN” “50LBS” in the title is asking for those views from people searching for the keywords above or following her fitness journey. It’s preying on diet culture.

Secondly, the focus on aesthetics is very thinly veiled as “building strength”. She says herself she struggles to gather her thoughts and that is particularly apparent in this video cause she can’t articulate much of a point, because, in my opinion, she’s not saying what she actually thinks. Remember, this is from a girl who last week did a 12k and a spin class (all cardio) in a day. She’s not building strength, she’s trying to shrink.

She says “I am happier in my current body than I was before” aka I am happy now I’m smaller. Not a problem on its own, but IT IS A PROBLEM WHEN YOU INFLUENCE YOUNG WOMEN ONLINE.

Honestly, and this is me being really honest, but people have eyes and I think she thinks she’s slimmer than she is. She’s making out she’s ripped and it’s just a bit of loose skin covering her washboard abs. She is a very normal looking girl... I’ve said it before but just give up the fitness influencer routine. You are feeding diet culture.

Stop with the faux body positivity Emma. Seriously. It’s so damaging. Or at least stop spewing it on the internet.

Reactions: 17
The loose skin video is so bleeping problematic and I find it really weird she’s not being called out for it more to be honest.

Firstly, this video is 10000% for views and money. “LOOSE SKIN” “50LBS” in the title is asking for those views from people searching for the keywords above or following her fitness journey. It’s preying on diet culture.

Secondly, the focus on aesthetics is very thinly veiled as “building strength”. She says herself she struggles to gather her thoughts and that is particularly apparent in this video cause she can’t articulate much of a point, because, in my opinion, she’s not saying what she actually thinks. Remember, this is from a girl who last week did a 12k and a spin class (all cardio) in a day. She’s not building strength, she’s trying to shrink.

She says “I am happier in my current body than I was before” aka I am happy now I’m smaller. Not a problem on its own, but IT IS A PROBLEM WHEN YOU INFLUENCE YOUNG WOMEN ONLINE.

Honestly, and this is me being really honest, but people have eyes and I think she thinks she’s slimmer than she is. She’s making out she’s ripped and it’s just a bit of loose skin covering her washboard abs. She is a very normal looking girl... I’ve said it before but just give up the fitness influencer routine. You are feeding diet culture.

Stop with the faux body positivity Emma. Seriously. It’s so damaging. Or at least stop spewing it on the internet.
👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.