Emma Johnson (Emma's Rectangle)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At first I was impressed that she’s finally being open about under eating so she’s increasing her calories and she’s admitted she’s was in a deficit for too long “accidentally” and that if she could go back in time she’d have lost weight slower.

Then she shared her current workout routine… 4 strength workouts + 2- 3 spin classes a week now she has a bike, yoga every morning with Tim plus 8-12k steps per day.

That seems like such a huge amount of exercise in one week. An extra 450 calories per day won’t counteract that

Reactions: 11
What the hell is that top she's wearing in today's video? It's awful, not flattering at all. Her hair and make up looks lovely (although her hair looks like it's been cut to me 🤔)

The video itself is a a bit of a yawn fest. The exercise schedule though 🤯 too much, far too much. I don't understand why she needs to do so much, although what else does she do to take up her time?

Reactions: 2
Her bra doesn’t fit her in those photos.... her boobs are poking out the top

Reactions: 1
At first I was impressed that she’s finally being open about under eating so she’s increasing her calories and she’s admitted she’s was in a deficit for too long “accidentally” and that if she could go back in time she’d have lost weight slower.

Then she shared her current workout routine… 4 strength workouts + 2- 3 spin classes a week now she has a bike, yoga every morning with Tim plus 8-12k steps per day.

That seems like such a huge amount of exercise in one week. An extra 450 calories per day won’t counteract that
I’m actually genuinely glad I found this thread, because I’m someone who doesn’t really put a lot of thought into the facts of what someone is saying, but more so the message they’re trying to convey.

So previously to lurking and posting on here, I’d watch Emma doing her crazy workouts and I wouldn’t bat an eye at it considering she says that it’s good for her, and it would intimidate me and make me feel pretty lazy (and sometimes even fat), tbh.

I think that even I would have been like “wtf” at her goal of 600 workouts in one year, not to mention a year with a pandemic, but it’s still been good for me to come here and just read people laying down the facts and being like: “DAMN, that *is* crazy behaviour!” and not just her being healthy and fit and me being lazy AF.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’m actually genuinely glad I found this thread, because I’m someone who doesn’t really put a lot of thought into the facts of what someone is saying, but more so the message they’re trying to convey.

So previously to lurking and posting on here, I’d watch Emma doing her crazy workouts and I wouldn’t bat an eye at it considering she says that it’s good for her, and it would intimidate me and make me feel pretty lazy (and sometimes even fat), tbh.

I think that even I would have been like “wtf” at her goal of 600 workouts in one year, not to mention a year with a pandemic, but it’s still been good for me to come here and just read people laying down the facts and being like: “DAMN, that *is* crazy behaviour!” and not just her being healthy and fit and me being lazy AF.
This is how I used to feel. She made me feel so lazy 😂

This is how I used to feel. She made me feel so lazy 😂
I think that’s something she does on purpose tbh? She always mentions getting up bright and early and being like “OMG I GOT SO MUCH SLEEP LAST NIGHT - 8 HOURS!” - I think it’s to combat the idea of influencers being lazy and able to get up whenever they want?

That being said it would make way more sense for her to actually have a lie in here and there and then actually get tit done, lol. I do not understand why she gets up at like 7 to sit around and count her lipsticks when she could be sleeping, or, you know, actually getting stuff done. So weird to me.

Reactions: 3
I think that’s something she does on purpose tbh? She always mentions getting up bright and early and being like “OMG I GOT SO MUCH SLEEP LAST NIGHT - 8 HOURS!” - I think it’s to combat the idea of influencers being lazy and able to get up whenever they want?

That being said it would make way more sense for her to actually have a lie in here and there and then actually get tit done, lol. I do not understand why she gets up at like 7 to sit around and count her lipsticks when she could be sleeping, or, you know, actually getting stuff done. So weird to me.
I honestly think she gets up early because she gets up to do something she enjoys. She doesn’t have to force herself out of bed to get to work 😂😂 My days off and late starts are precious opportunities for a lie in for me.

Thread Suggestion

Emma’s Rectangle #2: Sorry It’s Late but Here’s What I Ate

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Okay, I gave in and watched the fitness journey anniversary, and by gosh this is diet culture gone wild.

First things first because I'm petty AF (and I see this everywhere, its not just Emma), STOP calling it a "global pandemic" - pandemic means global epidemic. :LOL:

Secondly, she is massively overexercising. There are no rest days in her plan. What coach would recommend that? The amount of cortisol her body must be producing when she is putting it under that much stress everyday is extremely worrying. Rest days are part of healthy exercise routines and do not let Emma tell you otherwise.

Thirdly, she uses the term intuitive eating but so clearly does the opposite. She calorie counts and she eats low-calorie, alternative versions of the food she actually intuitively wants. Diet foods do not fall into intuitive eating, don't let that fool you into a falsehood.

Telling your audience what you weigh, totally unnecessary. Weight is totally based on a person's own frame and distribution of fat and muscle. The only thing this does is cause comparison and I think that's wrong when your audience are young women and people who've found your video from searching "FITNESS JOURNEY".

I could honestly go on and on. I think she has got a lot of mental work to do to really figure out her motivations

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The way she talks in that video is as if she’s an expert on fitness and the gym and dieting 😐 really worrying that people will listen to her crap advice

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.